Reviews by Gilturko

Chypre 1942 by Nobile 1942

I must say that this review is purely subjective. This perfume on me smells identical to an italian personal care spray named Lines Lei, marketed around 40 years ago. More than being a throwback in a 1940s italian diva's boudoir, Chypre 1942 sends me straight in a 1970s lady's bathroom.
13th April, 2017

Mon Parfum Chéri, par Camille by Annick Goutal

This review is purely subjective.
I had great expectations about this fragrance, having been described to me as a nice take on nu-chypres.
I have no doubt about its beauty, but unfortunately the chemistry of my skin refuses stubbornly to collaborate with fruity notes: Mon Parfum Chéri Par Camille on me is a sour plum liqueur and the combo with patchouli conjures up the image of booze spilled on an old wood tavern table full of scratches and scribbles whom texture is imbued with ages and ages of spilled wine and alcoholic drinks. That sounds quite an evocative tale, but on me this story is a disaster and the moral is: I shall not mess with fruity notes.
My neutral rating is referred to this bad reaction, not to the perfume itself: I like its dark personality, I keep the paper cup where it has been sprayed and the smell wafts highly pleasantly in the air, I like the whole concept of Annick Goutal's house... but my relationship with Mon Parfum Chéri Par Camille will be platonic.
13th April, 2017

Private Collection - L'Ombre Fauve by Parfumerie Generale

I was intrigued by the name, it had the effect of a magic spell on me. Until I sniffed it... It's excellent, I have no doubt about this; but for me -on my skin- is like civet sprayed on a layer of MPG Ambre Precieux. And when the civet strong note is gone, there's no difference between this OF and MPG ambre. Same.
28th November, 2011 (last edited: 28th December, 2011)

Coriandre by Jean Couturier

Just few words about Coriandre, my sister's fave perfume. It's incredible how this melts with her skin resulting as one of the most complete scent I ever smelled. Almost animalic, may it contain civet?
24th November, 2007

Rose Poivrée by The Different Company

Scent of roses on the mouillette... no roses nor pepper on my wrists, just a strange note of flowers rotting in a pot of water, if I breath on it. If just smelling it is a picking scent, but imho it doesn't contain anything animalic. Smell like Jean Couturier's Coriandre, like a 70's perfume. Good, very feminine but almost unisex in its drydown, long lasting but not the overrated wonder described by Chandler Burr.
01st November, 2007

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

I bought M7 years ago, when it was launched. At first sniff I was amazed, I was looking for amber notes and unusual male perfume. It worked wenough well, even if it wasn't the perfect fragrance. But something changed after sometimes, perhaps my skin, perhaps my nose or the perfume itself... M7 on my skin turned into a disgusting medical smell :( I have a semi filled bottle on my shelf and I use it to give a good fragrance to the air around me. It works better than on my skin!
30th December, 2006