Reviews by Cipriano

Royall Lyme by Royall Lyme of Bermuda

While this is definately a high quality cologne water, it represents terrible value. Other splashes of similar (or better) quality and longevity retail for roughly $1.00 or less per ounce. I am thinking of Aqua Lavanda, Old Spice or Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. This retails for about $7.00 per ounce. Yes the bottle is nice, but not that nice. While $28 doesn't seem like a fortune, it will once you see the quantity you have to apply in order to smell it 15 minutes later. I don't regret buying a Royall product, however, I'm afraid the cost will keep me away in the future.

13th February, 2007

Old Spice by Procter & Gamble

An addictive scent that is warm, rich and comforting. I've tried tons of the niche scents, most of which are about as masculine as a pink handbag. None can match the quality and complexity of Old Spice.

18th October, 2006

Old Spice Pure Sport by Procter & Gamble

An interesting attempt. Think 60% Old Spice and 40% Chanel Allure Homme. Of course it's not as refined as those two scents, but it's not half bad as a mass market oriental. Toss in the $7.00 price tag, the classic splash bottle with stopper and you have a winner.

06th September, 2006

Tabaróme Millésime by Creed

Is it just me or do many of the Creed's smell alike? I've tried several and they all have a similar sweet greenish tone. I sampled Tabarome Millesime thinking that the tobacco basenotes would seperate it from the pack. Nope. Plus it didn't last but an hour or two. People spend big bucks on this?

04th January, 2006