Reviews by amandasurbey

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

I thought it smelled just like Cartier's Declaration.
09th November, 2008

Jasmin Noir by Bulgari

I love it dearly, but, on me, it doesn't last. Alas.
04th November, 2008 (last edited: 09th November, 2008)

Infusion d'Iris by Prada

I bought this without sampling (well, actually, I put it on my wish list and the Spouse bought it for me).

I like it very much, but it isn't very long lasting on me. My only complaint, but a big one.

It's sophisticated, subtle, grown up. Nothing cutting edge nor avantgard, but I have other fragrances that do that.
11th January, 2008

The One by Dolce & Gabbana

I just love this perfume. On me it lasts and lasts (I put some on last night and I can still smell it).

Funny how different fragrances react so differently on different people: on me this lasts and feels grown up.

I had a sample bottle this summer and wore it all the time. So now the smell reminds me of vacation . . . nice in the middle of the winter. But that means, for me anyhow, it works year round.
22nd November, 2007 (last edited: 11th January, 2008)

Lacoste pour Femme by Lacoste

Reminds me of Lancome's Tresor. Which is good.
16th May, 2007

Ferré for Men by Gianfranco Ferré

I like it better than the version for women. I wear it often. It works as a unisex scent.
01st May, 2007

Police Caribbean by Police

Package says:
TOP NOTES
Bergamot, apple, cassis, green leaves

HEART NOTES
Cyclamen, rose, water lily, ozone touch

BOTTOM NOTES
Cedarwood, sandalwood, vetiver, musk

I say: Too Sweet
25th April, 2007

Pure Turquoise by Ralph Lauren

Smells just like Givenchy Amarige to me. That's not a bad thing.
21st February, 2007

L by Lolita Lempicka

Reminds me of Musc Ravaguer by Maurice Roucel for Editions de Perfums Frederick Malle. Smells like a mink coat: lush and elegant. I would wear this as a winter fragrance, not for summer . . . but ask me again in July.
07th February, 2007

Déclaration by Cartier

It smells like sex. In a good way. I really like it. Bought a bottle for the husband but I wear it.
06th February, 2007

Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

I love this fragrance. It's for men, but I get nothing but compliments when I wear it. The initial hit is a bit hamster cage (the cedar fragrance), but it settles down to a lovely vanilla, musk . .. I love finding an article of my clothing with this on it.

Verveine / Verbena by L'Occitane

I agree. A refreshing summer scent with little staying power. Alas.

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

This smells like a mink coat. Great for winter. As others mentioned, this is for a confident woman who is over 40.

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain

This smells wonderful on two girlfriends and awful on me. Alas. i bought a bottle and had to give it away. But I love smelling it on the recipient. I think it is the patchouli that doesn't work for me. I'm so sorry.

Wrappings by Clinique

I wish I could find this again. Never have I received compliments from strangers except when wearing this fragrance. It just works on me.