Reviews

Reviews by silk4ever

I am King by Sean John

I guess I am in the minority here. Let me just try to justify my neutral rating. The name of this fragrance is no doubt one of the haughtiest names that I happened to have come across of for any consumer product. For the name alone, I probably can never buy this fragrance. However, for the scent itself...I dunno if people are letting their personal opinions about Sean Combs or the name of this scent affect their rating for this fragrance, however, this by far does not warrant the amount of negativity that it has received. It really isn't a bad scent once it dries down. It is original I will give Mr. Combs credit for that, but I think I will look for a copy of this elsewhere in another scent...I know....the irony!
22nd December, 2009

Love and Luck for Men by Ed Hardy [Christian Audigier]

I am glad that I was not the only one who was thinking Unforgivable when smelling this scent. I have smelled SWM and Love & Luck does have that same "fresh" note that is at the core of a few Creed scents. I like Unforgivable and this seems to have longer longevity so I have no choice but to give it a thumbs up.
30th September, 2009

Black Diamond by Canali

This scent reminds me a lot of the original, but, with a darker element. It is definitely for those who likes the original and wants a different interpretation of it.
15th August, 2009

Citrus Paradisi by Czech & Speake

This, in-my-opinion, is the best of the samples that I received from the highly respectable Czech & Speake. I agree with jathans in regards to the opening. At first when I smelled this sample I thought this wasn't my "cup of tea" as the opening reminds me of one of those classic barber shop scents with a hint of citrus. However, once I forgot I had it on, my nose was receiving one of the most pleasant aromas and it turned out to be Citrus Paradisi's dry down which involves one of my favorite notes, Oakmoss. For the drydown alone, I am giving it a Thumbs Up. But, I do not know if I would want to wait out the opening as I am the type of guy who prefers to enjoy the whole composition of a fragrance!
06th April, 2009

Paco by Paco Rabanne

I agree with Andrew, it's a good high school scent. It is very similar to CK One and even more so to Chrome so if you like either of those two, like I do, then your going to enjoy this one. I also agree it is an excellent casual cologne, so, if you are looking for something more eccentric or something that develops into some kind of "fragrance story" then you should pass on this one.
03rd June, 2008

Derring-Do for Men by Ineke

This reminds me of Divine's L'homme de coeur, but, not because they smell so similar, but, because I had the same "meh" opening reaction. But, just like L'homme de coeur, the dry down is completely different. I would put it in the same category as Pleasures as far as "fresh" is concerned.
12th December, 2007

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

One of the most underrated scents that is out there. I could care less about what "the ladies" think when I am picking out a scent as I do it for me and only me. But, for all of the men out there who does care what "the ladies" think (by the way, that phrase is annoying), then, this is your fragrance. It has a comforting, musk-like smell to it. Not bad!
08th December, 2007

Chrome Legend by Azzaro

Disappointing. The fruity topnotes smell like Paris Hilton's first mens cologne. The earthy dry down is does not work with the fruity notes at all. It's almost as if they were trying to combine a fresh fruity scent with a masculine scent. Regardless, it does not remind me of the original Chrome at all!

Armani Attitude by Giorgio Armani

I don't smell Code at all in this one. I am not a fan of Code, but, I do appreciate it and it doesn't bother me. This doesn't bother me either, but, there is anything about it that makes it another "Armani Classic".

Sunset Heat for Men by Escada

It's not fruity. When you think of fruity you think of Paris Hilton's men fragrance. It's one of the best done tropical scents I have smelled. It took everything that went wrong with Bora and Bora and made it right.

Canali Men by Canali

My nose can pick out the amber in this one after smelling Prada Amber awhile back. I am not saying that is a bad thing! More masculine than PA though.

L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

Bsn summed it up nicely. I think people was expecting something eccentric with this and I am glad they kept it safe. I am not a big fan of ginger, but, YSL complimented the not very well and for that it gets a thumbs up from me!

Arpège pour Homme by Lanvin

I am still not getting the vanilla note much. I don't can't even compared it to Burberry Touch. It's not offensive, but, it really comes close to it when hitting my nose.

Clean Men by Clean

It does smell ilke you just got out of the shower. It's the raspberry note that sells it. It's too expensive even though it accomplishes it purpose, but, unpleasant it is not.

Kouros Cologne Sport by Yves Saint Laurent

The cliche' "Public restroom smell" is actually, for once, correct on this scent. And I, for one, am shocked!

Givenchy pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy

It just smells like another aquatic to me, more in the category of Bulgari's Aqua. For the record, I don't hate aqua scents like most on here do.

Sentiment for Men by Escada

I still don't know if I got a bad sample on this one. I will say after that pleasant Citrus note, it really goes down hill!

Orris Noir by Ormonde Jayne

Another classy fragrance from this fine house, but, it would be kind of hard for a man to wear this as it seems more geared for women. But everything from this house is quality from their products and their service. Even though I know I can't talk myself in wearing a fragrance I feel the opposite gender would be more suitable for, I will look forward to being a future customer with this house in trying some of their other products.
31st July, 2007

Hypnôse Homme by Lancôme

I was hoping the replaced, in my opinion, the best men's floral being Lacome's "O'. but, this is more woody than anything else and it's a pretty decent woody scent. It's safe, but, I could wear this but not be in a rush to go out and buy it.
27th July, 2007

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Yeah, I am not gettin gbug spray at all nor amd I getting any kind of overbearing "musky" scent. This is definitely a green scent and for it's category, one of the best I've ever smelled. It really is fresh and it really is green, but, for me, nothing like rolling in a freshly cut mowed lawn...more of a green bar of soap kind of scent. And the dry down reminds me of Pert shampoo. Is that bad? Well, if it was, I wouldn't have given it a thumbs up.
27th July, 2007

Higher Energy by Christian Dior

Foetidus is right, not innovative at all. I was looking for the fragrance by Dior that I smelled out of a magazine and I thought it was Higher Energy. Even my taste has drastically changed since then or I am waay off here.
25th July, 2007

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I gave it a neutral because this scent isn't offensive. I know, like Angel, you can't be "on-the-fence" with Fahranheit, but my rating is neutral anyway for the simple fact that it does smell like gasoline. I like that smell when standing at a gas station, but, I don't like it enough to want to wear it.
25th July, 2007

Ô pour Homme by Lancôme

My first cologne that I actually liked that is discontinued. I knew there was a woman's makeup company who came out with a good cologne from a sample I got and finally, here it is...but alas...it did not survive. One of the best male florals I smelled.
24th July, 2007

Nightflight by Joop!

I bought a mini of this and I honestly didn't use it at all. It really didn't smell bad, it reminds me of CK Escape. Not that they both smell identical but rather because of my reaction..."Ehhh".
22nd July, 2007

Joop! Homme by Joop!

I will defend Joop because I used the mini that was with the set that my dad bought. It wore out one me now though, but, no one can deny that it is very distinctive even to this day. It reminds me of a visit at an exotic beach, don't know why, it's no where near an aquatic.
22nd July, 2007

Chic for Men by Carolina Herrera

You know, after reading GeorgeBernard review, I have to agree with him and I am not a fan of any type of tobacco smoke. But it's not in a bad, nauseating kind of way. It's a nice coounterpart to the female version (which would make for a better cologne) which is why I gave this sample a try.
11th July, 2007

Touch for Men by Burberry

Definitely a clean scent as if you got right out of the shower. I must say, it's the best version of what a "clean" scent is that I have smelled to this day including ADG.
11th July, 2007

Carnal Flower by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I was so out to prove the men wrong who thought that this "unisex" fragrance can only be worn by a woman...and it turns out they are right. I am creative with wearing a "border-line gender fragrance" but this fragrance has cross that line. For a woman's fragrance, a thumbs up and that's what I am basing my rating as.
05th July, 2007

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I was expecting much more from this scent because of the fact that I love musk. I guess I don't love all types of musk. The vanilla note after the drydown was the only pleasant note I could find and even so, I still find that note more effeminate.
05th July, 2007

Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Yes, the infamous "ink" note, I often referred it as being some weird note in SWM that I can't get pass. Therefore, the reason for my thumbs down.
01st July, 2007