Reviews by Reed

Reed's avatar
    Reed

Dzing! by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Though there are a number of things going on in this scent, I just can't get over the smell of animal. I recognize that for some people this can be nice, but if you grew up in the city with no pets (like me) there's a good chance you're not going to like this. Animals to me smell dirty and unwashed, and that's how this scent made me feel. Luckily the longevity wasn't very good on me.

11th March, 2007

Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur

First off, I am a tea fanatic. I drink a lot of it, and I order the fancy imported stuff online. So naturally I love the smell of this fragrance. I would rarely want to smell like it though. I would never wear it to work or even out of the house. This would be a good fragrance for a nice lazy Sunday at home with a warm sweater on, a fire going, a comfortable chair, and a nice book. Sideways thumb because the longevity is horrible on me. Seriously, I just pour it on and in 30 minutes it is mostly gone. As nice as it smells, I can't recommend a fragrance with such poor longevity.

11th March, 2007

Polo Black by Ralph Lauren

Putting this on in the morning gets me fired up. This is a scent for a confident, young, motivated professional to wear at work.

It only gets the sideways thumb because on me it only lasts about an hour. Maybe it will be different for you (or maybe you only work one hour days?) It's not very versatile either, pretty much only good for the young professional to wear at work.

08th February, 2007