Fragrance Reviews from October 2000

keoniahlo's avatar

Joop! Homme by Joop!

AGHHH! I can't believe that this stuff is so popular in some regions! Of course, this is my opinion--please don't hate me if you wear it!

07 October, 2000

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

I wear this often to work. It maintains a pleasant fruity wood character that's long lasting. I've had some positive feedback from members of the female persuasion on this scent. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on for a romantic night out. Next to Hugo it's my favorite boss fragrance yet.

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

I begged for and received the 1.7 oz. bottle of this gem for Christmas last year. It exceeded all of my expectations and has been the source of many pleasing inquiries. It's great for work or for an evening on the town It's potent too, so it'll last awhile and you get your moneys worth. Two sprays and I'm good for the day.

XS pour Homme by Paco Rabanne

Picked up a little 1oz. bottle of this baby about a month ago. It's definitely energetic. I like the way it starts off minty fresh and dries down to musky, sweet wood bottom notes. It's perfect for a day of loafing around or getting active. I'll also be looking out for XS Extreme.

360 Degrees for Men by Perry Ellis

The aquamarine liquid sitting in that cool tube-like container is what first grabbed my attention. The contents is even better. The sweet semi-tangy start really wakes me up when putting it on in the morning. It doesn't mellow out a lot on the dry down and it lasts most of the day. It would fare well in either the most formal or casual settings. I have not run across anyone who does not like this bad boy. The name fits.

Cool Water by Davidoff

I've been wearing this wonderful fragrance for seven years now and can't see ever tiring of it. It's great for any occasion I can think of. The fresh musk leather body it maintains, is to me, it's perfect finishing touch. It would probably smell great on any guy.

Realm by Realm Fragrances

A very sweet oriental. It has a sort of mellow berry top note that sticks around. A dab will do you. I feel it's most appropriate for an evening out, but it's not completely out of place in a casual daytime setting. Go easy on it. A little dab will do nicely all day. I've had flattering remarks about it, but also wrinkled noses when I accidentally over did it. It has synthetic human pheromone in it and is supposed to give you an increased sense of well-being (according to the little booklet). I'm not certain that it does anything for me but I've never experienced great depression with it either.

ls.ten.eleven's avatar

Coriolan by Guerlain

I have tried CORIOLAN and it smells very good, especially after it 'wears down' and your pores start to release the fragrance later during the day. It's unique and different, unlike many of the 'new' fragrances that have been introduced (many smell so similar, that you can't distinguish one from another) Just today, I have had several people say, "...you smell good...what kind of cologne is that?" Even if you use 'a little too much', it is not over bearing.

17 October, 2000

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

I acquired a little collectors bottle of this and will soon upgrade to the full size. All the bragging about this one was right on. I love its richness and the way it maintains a sweet tobacco wood sort of aroma at the end. Classy. I'll wear this one to work often as well. I'd put it right up there with Egoiste Platinum.

18 October, 2000

Chrome by Azzaro

Absolutely positively intoxicatingly fresh and bursting with citrus. I've found another favorite. It looks exactly like it smells. I acquired a mini bottle of this and it will not last long. I've heard the babes go nuts for this too. Big surprise. I don't believe any guy can go wrong with it.

20th October, 2000

Emporio Armani He by Giorgio Armani

I just bought the 1.7 oz. Emporio Armani. It has a woody freshness that doesn't change a whole lot on the dry down. A clean fragrance that would be appropriate for casual use, an evening on the town or in the board room. The container, being aluminum with a rubber spray button on top, is very suitable for travel. Not on the cheap side, but a little goes most of the day

20th October, 2000

johnstaf's avatar

Havana by Aramis

This has to be one of the heaviest fragrances available, so user discretion is advised! In some respects it seems like a much older fragrance than it actually is. Evolves nicely on the skin.

31st October, 2000