Fragrance Reviews from December 2000

John.com's avatar

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera

I gave myself a shot of Herrera months ago while doing the rounds. Nice clean fougere. It's sneaking around in my top 20 somewhere.

02 December, 2000

johnstaf's avatar

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

I have that problem (overdose of fruitiness) with Xeryus Rouge. I spend time waiting for the rest of the fragrance to burst out, but it never does! What's really annoying is that it's so close to being amazing!

11th December, 2000

scentimus's avatar

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

This is one of my favorite fragrances. I personally like the eau de parfum version of the scent, which is a little more richer on the wood notes, and less on the fresh like the edt. I use the scent to dress up going out. This is NOT a scent for casual.

15 December, 2000

Aramis by Aramis

My father used to wear 'Aramis' all of the time. It must have been his signature scent. Everything about him had that fragrance. Now whenever I smell 'Aramis', I think of him. I bought a bottle a couple years ago and it seemed to be the same. I wear it occaisionally and someone gave me a gift set a few Christmases ago. The deodorant, shower gel, and body products all help to make that great fragrance last and last. I just might pull out my bottle now and feature it for a while.

16 December, 2000

Black Jeans by Versace

I have tried Black Jeans and like it very much. It is different from just about any other fragrance I can think of. It has presence but does not scream. I really enjoy the fact that it is so dry.

18 December, 2000

Black Jeans by Versace

It is very subtle, and just when you think it had faded, it exudes a very unique fragrance. Andrew [from the basenotes forum] recommended it, and I, without any hesitation bought a bottle. Am I glad or what? I have received several compliments by male and female. It is not an overpowering and *in your face* type of fragrance. Very suitable for an office environment and also (which is important to me) not something that everyone else is wearing.

20th December, 2000

keoniahlo's avatar

Brut by Fabergé

I'm not scared to say that my father wore this (still does) and I like the way it smells on him. Besides, the spray-on Brut deoderant (applied in the right area) has saved me a few times during that "multiple dates with different women in one day" era that I went through in my 20's....ahhh, those were the days...the tropical breeze, warm exotic nights in Waikiki, woman #3 at my side, and smell of Brut deodarant lingering in the air

21st December, 2000

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

I first smelled 'Curve' on a co-worker about three years ago and I too had to have some. I love the way it smells. I dress business casual to work and many times I'll wear my shirts two days before I throw them down the chute. I smell 'Curve' in my closet, in my bathroom, even in the basement (in the laundry basket) I can always detect that distinctive note. 'Curve' smells good on me (and to me) and I know it does 'cause I get compliments and comments by both male and female.
    I always know when I wear 'Curve' folks will tell me all day how good I smell. After all, isn't that what we want? Don't we want to turn people on with our fragrance? Sure we do. Are you sure it doesn't have some pheromones in it? Whenever I smell it, it kinda makes me want to...well, let's say it works. Strange though, even though it is very popular, I don't smell it too often. I'll always wear 'Curve' (even though I love'Vetiver' by Guerlain and 'Black Jeans' by Versace). When I get out of the shower, I use the massage oil all over (I have dry skin), then I use the deodorant on all heavy perspiration areas (it makes your stuff smell good);^) and finally I spray cologne on my neck, behind my ears, and around my hairline. By that time I am reeking (that's right!) and smellin' damn good.

24 December, 2000

Aqua Allegoria Winter Delice by Guerlain

I have been wearing Winter Delice for about a month. I do not find it particularly feminine; it contains no floral notes and the strongest impression seems to be one of spices mixed with frankincense and pine. My only complaint about it is that it doesn't seem to have a whole lot of punch; it would be a lot better if it were a little stronger.

27 December, 2000

John.com's avatar

Wings for Men by Wings

Received this nice clean fougere for Xmas. Fresh with a hint of sweetness. Makes one think of cool crisp mountain air.. This one is ideal for the office as it is most certaintly not over powering. The bottle is perfectly contoured to the palm. Feels like the control stick on a combat jet. 'Wings' is etched into the bottle lending it class and style.

28 December, 2000

keoniahlo's avatar

Yohji Homme by Yohji Yamamoto

I just added Yohji Homme to my collection yesterday. That coffee-rum thing really got me going...not my everday scent, but definitely for those days that I feel that "I'm too sexy for my shirt" feeling coming on

29 December, 2000

Polo by Ralph Lauren

I have never 'loved' Polo. I have never 'hated' it either. I am mostly just disappointed in the scent. When you put it on the skin it smells absolutely great. However the fresh, green note disappears almost immediately. I much prefer Caswell-Massey's Greenbriar which is quite similar. In fact when I have worn it people have asked if I were wearing Polo. But the green notes seem to last a lot longer.

31st December, 2000