Fragrance Reviews from January 2001

ls.ten.eleven's avatar
    ls.ten.eleven

Polo by Ralph Lauren

Every now and then I get a whiff of someones 'Polo'...it does smell great (for a change of pace) As a matter of fact, I think (about a couple years ago) I purchased a bottle after I had encountered a gentleman who was wearing it. It smells pretty good and it reminds me too, of the less stressful times of my youth!

02 January, 2001

Coriolan by Guerlain

Coriolan is a very special fragrance. A description of its notes couldn't do it justice because it has that extra 'something'. Straight out of the bottle, it is fresh and invigorating, but as it dries down it just gets better and better and...

07 January, 2001

Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

I really like Dune. It's not a fragrance I wear very often, but it makes a nice change from time to time. I know it's been criticised for not having enough individuality, but that doesn't bother me.

09 January, 2001

The Dreamer by Versace

I like Versace the Dreamer. I don't know why, but I find it intriguing somehow. Maybe it's because my only experience of it comes from a 5ml sample my brother has, so I've never used more than the tiniest amount. I'd imagine it would be really overpowering if I used any more than that

09 January, 2001

anak's avatar
    anak

Eau Sauvage Extrême by Christian Dior

I re-tried Eau Sauvage extreme today and remembered how AMAZING it is. MUCH better than the original

13 January, 2001

scentimus's avatar
    scentimus

Blue Jeans by Versace

You can't beat it, it's clean, fresh, yet warm and alluring.. None of the other Versace Jeans scents match it in my view.

14 January, 2001

opalsdad's avatar
    opalsdad

Brut by Fabergé

This much maligned fragrance was a hit in the sixties. It was top-line with its dark green and silver bottle. Again, this one was copied a lot. The current Brut is but a pale reflection of the original.

15 January, 2001

Vialman's avatar
    Vialman

Touch for Men by Burberry

I've recently purchased Burberry's Touch for men. I simply Love it!! I found that Touch has a very comfortable, easy to wear fragrance that becomes part of me with each day I wear it. I've had many compliments from my co-workers..and find that it has become my daily fragrance for the past few weeks. Im also ready to purchase a few more bottles! One to have at work (for freshening up) and One for my home. Guess Im addicted :-)

17 January, 2001

opalsdad's avatar
    opalsdad

Baie de Genièvre by Creed

I have a sample of Baie de Genievre and will probably buy a larger size in the near future. It is a very traditional and conservative scent. Very masculine and refined. It could be worn everywhere - to the office, in the evening, golfing, etc. I think it is a great scent that would appeal to most guys over a certain age. I don't think it would be appreciated too much by teenagers or those in their twenties.

Vialman's avatar
    Vialman

Baie de Genièvre by Creed

I have a sample of Baie de Genievre..and I wasn't moved by it..it sorta has a licorice aroma that I don't find appealing. The dry down isn't as bad..but I wouldn't put this one on my Creed's must have list.

Francois Blais's avatar
    Francois Blais

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

I tried this EDT today for the first time. I love it! Truly fantastic! This is a very classic EDT (launched in 1966) but it's still excellent today. This is the perfect balance of lemon with vetyver. I'm going to buy it!

Pure Vetiver by Azzaro

This is a tricky one to form an opinion about. First of all I thought it was quite pleasant but no big deal. It's the sort of thing I've come across many times before, being citrus and pungent.
    However, after an hour or so things are a little different. The vetiver comes to the fore. It has a sort of 'raw and earthy' smell. I've never smelt real vetiver, but I suppose this is what it smells like out of the ground. It's actually quite strong yet subtle after it dries down.
    I don't know how to compare this to other vetivers, as I'm surprised at how little it has in common with the Guerlain version. Anyway, this is a nice laid back sort of perfume, which improves greatly as it dries down.

22 January, 2001