Fragrance Reviews from October 2001

anak's avatar

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

Thierry Mugler company sent me a sample of Cologne (how sweet of them). It almost blinded me it is the MOST BIZARRE sample I have ever seen it squirted me in the eye!!!! GRRRR. The scent IS NOT bad at all but not something I would wear. It smells like bug spray REALLY green. Anybody ever use "OFF?" It is an insect repellent and Cologne makes me think of my days at summer camp as a tike. Thierry is on my bad side now!.

15 October, 2001

anak's avatar

Allure Homme by Chanel

This opens up with a bright burst of citron-zest giving a fresh snappy tart note. It then dries down to a smooth caramel like aroma with lingering patchoili undertones.

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

Man, am I glad to find this site! I love hearing what other guys like, and better yet what the hotties like! :)
    I give Boss a thumbs up. It reminds me of Christmas for some reason- the apples and spices I guess. Ultimately, you will buy and like what reminds you of nice things. On the guy who said it smelled like cardboard- have you smelled Bulgari Black? That's cardboard in a bottle!

Bulgari Black by Bulgari

Two words:
    Wet cardboard.
    I'm not saying that's good or bad, but most people would agree. Wet cardboard.

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

I'm 26, but spent a lot of time around my older sisters' boyfriends in the 80's. So all those scents from that era are ingrained in me as favs- Polo, Aramis, Kouros. Kouros is one of my significant other's favorites. She says it smells like dryer sheets, but she likes it anyway, because she likes the smell of dryer sheets!!! :)
    At any rate, it is a bit strong on top, but after about an hour or two it warms up, and the warmth is with you all day. Its a very dry fragrance, but warm.

Polo by Ralph Lauren

Polo is my staple fragrance. I like it and have always liked it. On occasion I'll temporarily ditch it for something else, mainly in warm weather as it is a fall/winter fragrance to me. I'll smell some guy at the store and go

need5398's avatar

Samouraï by Alain Delon

ONE OF THE RICHEST, MOST UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL SCENTS YOU CAN FIND ANYWHERE

Francois Blais's avatar

Minotaure by Paloma Picasso

My very first fragrance, and my favorite oriental!
    Warm yet fresh, with its orangy top notes and sweet basenotes.
    Still love it!