Fragrance Reviews from March 2001

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

I like the Boss #6 scent, it did take awhile to grow on me at first I found it too sweet like candy. It's like Chanel's Allure for men but more on the sweet notes

05 March, 2001

Touch for Men by Burberry

I really like the deep lingering white musk note in this fragrance, very clean and great for spring

07 March, 2001

Vialman's avatar

Lanvin L'Homme by Lanvin

Yes!! Lanvin is very nice..I've used it for a few years now..It's a crisp, but warm sensual woody mix. Very well blended and refined. Definately worth trying..and buying:-)

15 March, 2001

Allure Homme by Chanel

Polges created this scent along with an advanced team from Chanel. Much research went into this fragrance it was developed at a private Island some where off of Greece. The scent is not designed like a pyramid with top, middle and bottom notes.
    Instead it is designed like a multifaceted diamond when not one note goes away instead they keep bouncing off one another, the womans is designed the same way.
    I also read in the article they had machines testing the scent on men while the walked tread mills to see if the scent would break down during physical excertion.
    Chanel put a lot into this scent it was geared to the Western world. Very 2001 tech for Chanel huh...

18 March, 2001

anak's avatar

Boss Bottled by Hugo Boss

Umm, I would not go for it. Try Allure instead. It is a similar scent but more subtle and better made. Boss6 is a little cloying and synthetic smelling. It has done poorly in the US as well (east coast at least). Just a warning, you might love it who knows so try it out first.

21st March, 2001

opalsdad's avatar

DKNY Men (original) by Donna Karan

I got a sample of this a few weeks ago. I was not impresssed. It's typical of Estee Lauder's latest scents - totally undistinguished. It is a light, fresh scent - so what else is new? It doesn't compare with the original men's scent by Donna Karan. That was great! The only current fragrance that contains the very original suede note is Hugo Dark Blue. While I don't this is as good as DK Original, it [DKNY] isn't bad.

DKNY Men (original) by Donna Karan

Personally, I find it very sharp and I agree with Ernie the bottle is awful! Too narrow and just stupid looking.

Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss

Its okay! I though I would like it because it reminded me of DK Fuel with the suede. I've only wore it once and don't think I'll wear it again

Vialman's avatar

DKNY Men (original) by Donna Karan

I bought DKNY around the holidays,and thought I really liked it...NOT! It didn't take long for me to put it aside. Nothing to write home about at all! The bottle also bugs me..its too long and narrow, and kept falling over on my dresser. I had 3/4 of the large bottle left, and used it as a room freshener!!...pass this one up!