Fragrance Reviews from April 2001

anak's avatar

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Amen is the closest thing to an aphrodisiac that I have ever encountered. No Joke (read old basenotes posts about my experiences). I find it too sweet BUT every time(and I mean EVERY time) I wear it out I end up with a girl. ITS CRAZY!!! However, it smells different on me than ANYONE else I have ever smelled it on. On me its lavendery with a little vanilla/caramel scent. Mugler is very generous with samples so if you go to a sax5th or Bloomingdales ask for a sample and wear it for a week. Not for a day or two but for a week. Ironically, the ONLY girl I ever met who did not like it is the girl I've fallen for.

03 April, 2001

opalsdad's avatar

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

A-Men is a very high quality scent but I don't like it in the slightest. It becomes overly sweet on my skin and turns into pure vanilla on the drydown. Angel for Women affects me similarly. When I first smell it on a woman I think it is the most wonderful fragrance imaginable but after a short time I find it annoying and finally quite irritating and nausea-inducing. But enough on my feedback - you need to try the fragrance on your OWN skin. It might work really well for you. Fragrance is funny like that. I work with a woman who applies perfume and the scent - any scent - is gone within ten minutes. Other women can apply the same fragrance and it smells beautiful all day. Skin chemistry, I guess.

03 April, 2001

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

It reminds me of a chocolate bar that fell into a cup of latte and spilled all over some cotton candy...and "stuck" there and fermented for days! Sorry..but No A*Men for me:-(

04 April, 2001

Devin by Aramis

I remember over 20 years ago ( yeah, some of you weren't even around then.. hehe) my first fragrance that I bathed in was Devin by Aramis! I haven't smelled this since then...but I recall I was always getting compliments.

25 April, 2001

Must de Cartier pour Homme by Cartier

Buy the Essence and the EDT!! They are fabulous oriental blends that are very complex and long lasting. The drydown is ambery with a soft tonka bean finish. The freshness of the mandarine and anise circulates throughout the scent! The packaging and bottles are of excellent quality from this very fine Fragrance and Jewelry House.

25 April, 2001

Yves's avatar

Insensé by Givenchy

I like Insensé very much, I have seen it described more often as a "woody floral". I also read it was the male couterpart of "Amarige" also by Givenchy. I like original scents, including floral scents for men, and this one is very special. The flowers here are lily-of-the- valley and gardenia. It is not sold in the stores anymore here in Montréal, unlike "Insensé ultramarine", which I like even more.

30th April, 2001