Fragrance Reviews from June 2001

johnstaf's avatar

Adventure Quasar by J del Pozo

I'm not sure when I'd wear Adventure Quasar. The drydown is certainly the best part. Before that it's just the same as loads of other mediocre fragrances out there. The sort of light spiciness reminds me a little of Creed's Neroli Sauvage (as well as D&G Masculine.). Anyway, it should come in handy from time to time!

08 June, 2001

ls.ten.eleven's avatar

Adventure Quasar by J del Pozo

I bought a bottle of 'Adventure Quasar' from Perfumaina last week after sniffing it on a tester card for several days. After testing it on my skin, I (too) haven't decided if I Œreally¹ like it that much. I'm not very good at describing notes and granted it does smell similar to something else(that I can't pinpont just now....) but it has a 'different' drydown(that's a basenote, right?),which makes it interesting. I'll have to 'give it another go' here soon and let it 'evolve' ;^). The jury is still out. It may grow on me, but right now I've been into Bvlgari 'Extreme'

08 June, 2001

Vialman's avatar

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

I wore it for years in the 80's! It was my signature scent! Now, my signature scent varies from week to week!!lol It is a rich, seductive fragrance that lingers and penetrates the skin! A girl that I knew back then wore it exclusively; because it was Cher's favorite scent!. She was known to wear it, and bathe her boy toys in it as well!! LOL! "If I could turn back time" :-) lol I have to go find the old mini I have of it for a revisit!!:-)

09 June, 2001

anak's avatar

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

I LOVE THIS!!!!! PERFECT SUMMER SCENT!!! SO fresh and light. YAAAAMMMM!!!! nice lingering herbaceaus notes. I sampled this a while back and have gradually come to LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

12 June, 2001 (Last Edited: 10th August, 2001)

jasong9573's avatar

Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss

It smells good to me, and my girlfriend likes it. The smell reminds me of DK. I'd give it a 5 [out of five].

22 June, 2001

scentimus's avatar

Cristobal pour Homme by Balenciaga

Cristobal Homme a very very opulent baroque oriental scent. This scent is very well made and accents the woman's version perfectly. The fragrance is rich in tea, amber, golden tobacco, rich coffee, and oriental spices. With this scent containing coffee and amber it is NOTHING like Rochas Man or Angel for men, the latter two are sweet were in Cristobal the coffee gives the scent a very bitter bite, kind of like the bite you find in Joop Homme and Dolce & Gabbana. This is a scent that if you OD on it you could make yourself very ill, it very rich and lingering trail. I would not say this is for the office or casual wear but dress up and not for the summer a must for fall and winter cold days. The scent does come in a lighter version called cologne d' orient which is much fresher and lighter. I love the scent, the bottle is beautiful the fragrance is a unique pale blue/green.

27 June, 2001

Vialman's avatar

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

My first impressions are as follows. Immediately, there is a fresh,clean, musky note that makes me feel comfortable! Its a sexy, soft, velvety smell. It is definately a universal scent in its blend. I keep sniffing myself as its evolving! I thought it would be more spicy!!, and Im glad its not. It has a balanced freshness and warmth!! Can't wait to hear your views:-) Claiborne has another winner!!

29 June, 2001