Fragrance Reviews from July 2001

John.com's avatar

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

I approve. Warm, intimate and cloying. Perfect for an outdoor party on a summer Evening or fun on the town. The bottle is a trip. Two colors merging together like a sunset....slanting together at odd angles. A keeper.

02 July, 2001

j_dubyah's avatar

Mambo for Men by Liz Claiborne

I got to try Mambo last night and found it to be much more than I expected. At first, the spicy head notes immediately reminded me of muted Catalyst or Pasha, both of which I like. Yet it wasn't long before the scent took a quick change of tempo: perfect for that fast-paced Latin dance motif.
    The fragrance architecture made the mid-notes amazingly different than the top notes and yet they did not conflict or distract from the overall rich aroma. The smooth base notes were the final and lasting essences that prolonged the beauty of this newcomer to the arena.
    I quite liked the bottle design as well. The quirky little offset about mid-bottle remained true to the Latin dance as it reminded me of slender fo me of slender foorm of the Spanish dancer, hips slightly cocked. Strangely enough, it also reminded me of the confident stance of the matador--cool and poised with red cape in hand; an air of practiced arrogance in the face of peril. The color scheme was also well thought out as it comprises colors of spice and romance. The center of the bottle depicting the flaming orange, yellow, and red colors of high passion. It is obvious that this product's architecture and design was brilliantly devised.

04 July, 2001

John.com's avatar

Lucky You for Men by Lucky Brand

Reminds me of Curve with a sweeter edge. Very fresh with a little tang. Using this with the matching aftershave balm is perfect for a long casual day of activity. Love the soft rubber cap as it resembles the radio knob in an automobile.

05 July, 2001