Fragrance Reviews from September 2001

anak's avatar

Bulgari pour Homme by Bulgari

smells like that shampoo with the orgasmic woman

anak's avatar

Chrome by Azzaro

I really dont understand WHY people like this

chris-p's avatar

Bulgari pour Homme by Bulgari

Bulgari Homme is perfect for office wear as it is a great scent and above all not overpowering.It is discreet yet present.I love the Darjeeling tea notes and its musky drydown.I can also see it as a romantic fragrance.

01st September, 2001 (Last Edited: 17 October, 2001)

opalsdad's avatar

Bulgari pour Homme by Bulgari

Bvgari Homme is superb. A lot of guys on the forum have said that it has no strength and lasting ability, but I haven't found this to be the case. It does not shout, however and remains close to the skin. But I can still detect the smell the next morning when I apply it at night. The musk notes really cling - at least to me. I think it is better - more subtle - than the Extreme version.

opalsdad's avatar

Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert Extreme by Bulgari

Eau de The Vert is a little too floral for me but I still like this scent and would wear it in the summer. It's is very refreshing, but a tad too sweet.

scentimus's avatar

X-Centric by Dunhill

No I was not impressed ! It smells very much like Nautica Latitude and Longitude.
    The bottle is quite impressive a much funky modern purple version of the Desire bottle.
    I was very much impressed with Desire when it first came out. This one is a let down.

John's avatar

Tommy Cool Spray by Tommy Hilfiger

Absolute shit my friends.

02 September, 2001

EricM's avatar

Jovan Ginseng NRG by Jovan

I encountered this scent in a mini's gift set. My first impression was "Oh, another citrusy light scent, like a thousand others so popular today."
    I then wore it again one day just for a change. What a difference the second impression made! I loved it. It evolved nicely after the first application, and did not make me sneeze as so many others do!
    I've had many compliments, especially at the office, and no complaints, not even from the Œscent witch¹ who (seriously, I'm not joking) says that fragrances should be banned and that we cover up our natural odors and shouldn't! It may not cost much, but I don't think it's "cheap" in the degrading form, just inexpensive.

03 September, 2001

keoniahlo's avatar

X-Centric by Dunhill

I just picked up a spankin' new 100ml bottle today at the local dunhill boutique. The bottle follows in the footsteps of it's awesome older brother, Desire...very cool indeed
    All I can say is I LOVE THIS SCENT! Can't put my finger on any particular note at this time...heck, can't really compare it to anything else I've whiffed in the past. I would say that it does fit right into the same family as their last fragrance, Desire, but it's not as spicy; sort of an understated boldness (oxymoron?) about it that I really like. It exudes confidence & maturity. Definitely not something the high school guy's gonna dig (not to dis any high school members here, just referencing the age/taste thing)
    I like dunhill Desire a lot--but I really, really like X-Centric. I loved it at first whiff! To be honest, the first time I tried Desire, I didn't really care for it...but that's probably because it, too, is quite different from most fragrances out there--but it's really grown on me--not to mention the frequent compliments that I get from women when I wear it :-). The best part of my story is that MY WIFE LIKES IT. For those of you that know me, that's been the hardest part of my quest for the ultimate fragrance--the WAF (wife acceptability factor).
    My personal rating for X-Centric: I give this one a two thumbs-up. Five stars. A+. Da bomb. Yeah, baby!

03 September, 2001

Vialman's avatar

X-Centric by Dunhill

I was at a local Macy's today, and they had X-Centric, and samples!!! Vialman was happy:-) I did get a bottle ( couldn't resist) and body lotion and shower gel!! Cha Ching!!! Jackpot!! I like the watery floral mix... very aquatic! The clary sage and freesia really stand out on my skin as well!!

06 September, 2001

Renato's avatar

Hot by Benetton

I bought two bottles of "Hot" - one for my niece and one for a female friend. Here in Australia everyone universally sees it as a female fragrance, similar to one of the Chanel perfumes. If I try real hard, I can sort of imagine why someone might think this is a unisex scent. I even sprayed some on my wrist to see if it changed over time. But after an hour, it had not changed and I got some abrasive soap and washed it off.

14 September, 2001