Fragrance Reviews from February 2002

jasong9573's avatar

Eau de Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene

Good scent. It doesn't smell cheap or funky. It has a clean scent that isn't too powerful. Plus, women have made good comments about it.

Joshaugustt's avatar

Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior

I love this scent but do not wear it myself. I DO wear the Eau Sauvage Spray Deodorant. The only problem is finding it. I bought mine in Paris and may have to go back to re-stock! It's a great spray deodorant after a shower.

Joshaugustt's avatar

Pi by Givenchy

I love 'pi' and loved it from the get go. Walked into Harrods in '99 and this great, warm, sensual scent waft over me. Harrods was introducing the fragrance and I bought it as well as the spray deodorant and have loved it ever since. I love the fresh and warm combination. I sometimes combine it with others ie: Roccabar (I know it sounds awful, but it kind of "perks" it up a bit). But on its own, I find this one of the great modern day scents.

Stuey's avatar

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

After reading the sterling reviews on this fragrance I purchased a bottle (expensive). I expected an incredible fragrance after reading all the reviews from other Basenotes Readers but was shocked and appalled at what I smelled. For some reason it smelled more like an acrid medicine than fragrance and four people in the room tried it on. Noone liked it except someone who'd been drinking and knew no better so I gave it to him. I honestly gave it a chance but it was a HUGE disappointment for what I paid. I will stick with Allure thanks.

25 February, 2002

Stuey's avatar

Sergio Soldano for Men (Black) by Sergio Soldano

I first found this fragrance in Naples, Italy. Peppery, fiery, and spicy this fragrance, although hard to find is well worth the search.

26 February, 2002