Fragrance Reviews from March 2002

jasong9573's avatar

Unbound for Men by Halston

I got a chance to smell this and it's good. It smells just like Acqua Di Gio. Some will hate it because of that. I don't. Unbound is less money and just as good.

01st March, 2002

Rochas Man by Rochas

This is one of the best scents I've tried in years. It's very rich, warm, and unique. It lasts and it's great to just "sniff" yourself! I got lots of compliements from both women and men. Very classy...like most of the Rochas Scents

02 March, 2002 (Last Edited: 16 March, 2002)

Vialman's avatar

Elite by Floris

This mellow citrus/woody scent is very sophisticated, confident, and mature. There is a touch of tuberose to give it its unique signature. The combination of bergamot, grapefruit, sandalwood, vetiver, lavender, oakmoss, patchouli is very classic..add the tuberose note and the flavor is apart form the woody/citrus mainstream scents. Very well constructed and from the oldest family run perfume house in London!

03 March, 2002

Endurance by Ted Baker

I just tried this fragrance and I loved it! It's very similar to the other Ted Baker scent, Skinwear. They are both amazingly fresh and talk about a way to "wake up" in the morning. It's a hair sweeter than Skinwear, and I like the added lightness. But this, like Skinwear, is a very, masculine, fresh, and totally unique fragrance. People are just knocked out by it. Try it...it's not only different...it's great.

10th March, 2002

Ted Baker Skinwear by Ted Baker

I was knocked out by this great fragrance. I heard about on Basenotes. It's incredibly fresh and invigorating and very, very masculine, but not at all heavy. The spray deodorant and body wash are equally great! It kind of smells like great old barber shops use to smell. years ago. This one is worth a try. It's not easy to find, however. It's from London and not sold widely in the US. I got it through The Grooming Lounge, recommended on this site. The only thing as good and fresh as Skinwear...is Endurance...their brand new scent!

10th March, 2002

Francois Blais's avatar

Sung Homme by Alfred Sung

A very nice masculine classic scent. Mossy and spicy but not too sharp. To quote Scentimus: "A bright floral mossy chypre. The scent is never over powering but very long lasting."

15 March, 2002

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

I read Basenotes reviews before I tried Angel Men. I love it. It's one of the most "soothing" scents I've ever worn. It is sweet, but also very, very warm, long lasting, and completely unique. You smell like you just stepped out of a clean shower...all day! It's great!

Herrera for Men by Carolina Herrera

It's a terrific, rich scent that's rich, spicey, and warm. It's full bodied and very fresh. A real quality scent, that has lots of surprizes. I recommend it. josh august

Herrera for Men Refreshing Ginger by Carolina Herrera

Very classy, but I had a hard time distinguishing it from the Original Herrera! I'd test it before I bought it, if you're looking for Herrera Plus...it's pretty much Herrera Original, which I DO like, very much.

Stuey's avatar

Rochas Man by Rochas

This fragrance is sexy and sensual, rich and mysterious. If you like Animale Animale or Angel for Men then you will like this one. I actually prefer it to Angel for Men. The compliments I get never end. Has to be one of the best newer scents I've tried.

19 March, 2002

scentimus's avatar

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy

Today I tried the new Givenchy Homme. The bottle is very striking art deco style with a deep metallic maroon color, very hard to describe you have to see it. You want to pick this bottle up. The spray button reminded me of a car door lock, I believe the bottle is designed after the art deco styling of a old Jaguar.
    The fragrance smells very much like Fendi Theorema Uomo, spicy, fresh, green and heavy with dava notes.

27 March, 2002

j_dubyah's avatar

Eau de Russe by Crown Perfumery

Though not one of my favorite Crown items, Eau du Russe is indeed a fine scent that develops well on my skin. Typical of fragrances from its time-frame it begins with a potent citrus barrage and slowly fades into a very light masculinely floral scent and finally into a powdery oriental drydown with touches of leather. I'm supposing that this might be Russian leather I'm smelling, though I think the name has something to do with who it was created for: Czar Nicholas I. Though this is a pleasant scent, it is easy to see why Clive Christian decided to cut it from the line-up as this scent has quite a bit of overlap with other Crown scents in the men's line.
    Comments I've received have labeled this scent as a cross betweenPlay-dough and baby powder

29 March, 2002

John.com's avatar

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Somewhat like Pi, but a little fresher. A very refined woody floral, suited for elegance. It's rapturous.

31st March, 2002

John.com's avatar

Kouros Fraîcheur by Yves Saint Laurent

This is the sort of fragrance you apply in the store, are somewhat impressed, and finally it slips your mind. The next day, or whenever you wear the same shirt, it gets you. You know, the "my God what was I wearing that day, it's incredible!" This was such a fragrance, and a full bottle was in my hands before sundown. Fresh, sexy and an absolute magnet. You must try.

31st March, 2002