Fragrance Reviews from April 2002

Joshaugustt's avatar
    Joshaugustt

1881 by Cerruti

If you like a very fresh, open, masculine scent, then 1881 is perfect for you. It's a "fresh from the shower" scent that's not at all "artificial," and it lasts a long time and smells just as good, as when you put it on. That said, it's also NOT a heavy scent. I find I keep trying the "new, new" scents, and forget that there are a world of great "flavors" out there. that have lasted, for a very good reason. 1881, is one of them.

01st April, 2002

L'Eau du Navigateur by L'Artisan Parfumeur

It has a smokey quality that is intended, but I feel is a little too harsh. I may revisit it some day, but for now I must say nay.

L'Eau du Caporal by L'Artisan Parfumeur

My favorite L'Artisan hands down. Very clean and stimulating. A deep citrus with a minty edge. L'Artisans all seem to have a similar underlying note I really enjoy. This has it in spades. Few scents command this price tag and can back it up. Caporal is worth every drop chief. Get some now!!

Vétyver Haiti by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

A tropical vetiver punch. One of my favorite CSP scents. Very clean and stimulating.

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Very earthy with a deeply underlying Bulgarian rose accord. The plum gives it a certain depth. I could wear this anytime, anywhere without feeling the least bit unmanly. Very different.

New York by Parfums de Nicolaï

A wonderfully luxurious citrus. Very smooth. Suited for a night out to the theater (not the Cinema 4) or a very elegant dinner. The only downside is the price. Holy Cow!!

jasong9573's avatar
    jasong9573

Quasar by J del Pozo

This stuff is great! It smells kind of shaving cream, but better. Fresh and clean. I bought three bottles of the stuff. Not too expensive either. But who the hell is J Del Pozo?

05 April, 2002

j_dubyah's avatar
    j_dubyah

Crown Imperial by Crown Perfumery

There is something classic and yet chronologically longevistic about all Crown scents, but I think this one takes the cake for its simplicity of composition and manly style. Plenty of citrus, in particular orange and lemon, followed by a musky lavender scent that leaves a wonderful, light and comfortable drydown. I would think it would do wonderfully at the office or scholarly enviroment, but is not for those who prefer sporty or romantic scents. Confidence and comfort would probably sum up this scent

09 April, 2002

jasong9573's avatar
    jasong9573

Adventure Quasar by J del Pozo

I gave this try because I like "Quasar". This is just as good. It almost has a Acqua Di Gio kind of smell to it. Nice and warm. Not too sharp or overbearing. I don't know who J. Del Pozo is, but he makes two good fragrances!

09 April, 2002

Nick's avatar
    Nick

Swiss Army by Swiss Army

Swiss Army is one of the best colognes you can buy today. If you want to attract the ladies, use Swiss! The scent will last you all day.

22 April, 2002

scentimus's avatar
    scentimus

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

I really enjoy this fragrance and feel it is a real step up or modernization for the Kouros line. I've always been a very athletic person and love the whole body range.  The stuff is great after a hot shower at the gym from weight lifting.  The cooling body gel is great for the skin and the new all over body spray is WOW on the skin!

23 April, 2002

Francois Blais's avatar
    Francois Blais

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

The very best oriental scent for men, IMHO! Very rich, sweet floral and delicately spicy and creamy. An ideal scent for the cold season. Simply fantastic!

24 April, 2002

scentimus's avatar
    scentimus

Jazz by Yves Saint Laurent

A total rediscovery of this fragrance for me!
    Its very unique it very sharp to the nose in it opening notes.  What make this scent stand out to me is the deep blend of sandalwood and rose, it different for men's scent and I sure this was a fragrance way ahead of it time.
    Over all it blends quietly on the stink to say true all day.  I highly recommend this if you want something against the grain of all the citrus scent out now.  Very great for summer.
    I also love the redesigned bottle it plays great on the reflection of light and black and white.

28 April, 2002