Latest Perfume Reviews

Baladin by Nicolaï

I'm less excited for this Nicolai fragrance than I have been about the last couple I tried, Odalisque and Musc Intense, especially Odalisque.

This is interesting. It's interesting to see leather listed as a note. I'm not thinking of a better way to describe it - upholstery, maybe, some newly-manufactured product - and a box of crayons. I get visions of an elementary school with recent refurbishments.

Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel

Thirty-some years ago I had a miniature bottle of this. Recently I obtained a vintage sample. It is like smelling this for the first time, as I do not remember it from long ago.

I am able to pick out many notes, even though they are all mixed together well. I get a touch of citrus. Rich honeysuckle, lily, jasmine, carnation, tuberose, muguet, and a hint of rose. The base doesn't take long to emerge, for me. Sandalwood, amber, patchouli, oak moss, and incense seem to hug the florals. I won't even entertain the thought of a purchase of a modern bottle or decant. I seriously doubt it would be this rich, dark, and dreamy. It is greenish, slightly animalic (probably from the jasmine and patchouli), and has je ne sais quoi. Nostalgic.

Musc Intense by Nicolaï

This house makes some nice perfume. I do smell pear. It's blended into a classic-smelling accord, quite delicious and alluring.

After pear, which is almost a boozy, eau de vie (clear brandy)-type pear, sandalwood seems to be the most assertive of the listed notes.

Wild Country Outback by Avon

Avon hadn't put out a flanker for it's legendary cowboy cologne since the musk version landed in the 80's. The 1967 original Wild Country had become the mass market direct seller's oldest continually-produced scent period and most popular male fragrance because men just had a tendency to keep buying it, passing it down to their sons, and etc. since it's inception during Avon's first big push for male clientele. The musk version faded from sight in the 90's outside the Latin market, and the seller decided to release a new version in 2003 for it's now-shuttered Australian market, but released the flanker in the US too. Avon was rather daring in the 2000's, a gambit that lead to some great underrated cheapies but also lead to their fiscal decline, and this is one such unsung gem. Avon Wild Country Outback is at it's core, an old "fern" style barbershop scent reinterpreted with modern synthetics and white florals, released smack dab in the middle of an aquatic glut. I can see why it didn't work on the mass level Avon needed it to, since it really didn't have an audience, but it hung around a few years so I guess it did better than some things from the period that had just one bottling run. It's original packaging duplicated the beaker-like dimensions of the original Wild Country, but it soon moved into the 3.0oz 88ml "pill sprayer" that most masculines getting a second bottling run received at the time. Both are the same formula, so "deep vintage" fanatics need not hunt unless they want the cooler bottle.

Wild Country Outback opens with bergamot and a light bamboo note, white pepper, calone and cucumber, with some unidentifiable synthetic green notes that make it reminiscent of Calvin Klein's Contradiction for Men (1999) but lighter and drier. From that stark and frugal opening comes a dainty middle of lovely cypress, a touch of iris, muguet, geranium and pale lavender, making Wild Country Outback smell almost feminine or at least dandy in the way of the old 19th century piquant men's florals used to, before those notes disappear on a bed of white musk, some synthetic Iso E Super for the "wood" accord, and vetiver. Surprisingly, I don't get the "Avon amber" here like I'm used to, but I guess in a masculine unafraid to feature a prominent cucumber note, it's not on the agenda unless it's there in very miniscule quantities. Wild Country Outback is definitely budget-conscious artifice but artfully done and a great alternative to an aquatic or other "freshie" on a bright or warm day. Wild Country Outback isn't even a lick like the original and I wonder if it had been named differently, if it's success would have been greater? It's so daringly different that it was never destined to be anywhere as ubiquitous as it's venerable namesake, but as an early 2000's reinterpretation of what a wild frontier man would wear, it's a fascinating 180 degree shift from the carnations and rawhide of the first Wild Country. We'll never know the answer to that any sooner than we'll know the nose behind this little sweet-talker, but that's the way it works for Avon.

Wild Country Outback won't blow the doors off anyone to be sure, and it didn't sell by the bucket, so despite a respectable few years run, Avon gave it the axe globally sometime in 2007ish or so. However, here is another example of Avon having "gotten their s**t together" on the front of male fragrance after nearly two decades of banal or downright bizarre creations. The fresh bamboo, cucumber, white florals, and cypress notes are really what makes this stand apart as "fresh but different", giving me a lovely springtime wear that has staying power and subtle sillage without being indolic or ozonic. Wild Country Outback is more than a skin scent, but barely. Sure, there are better barbershop ferns, or you could jump strait to the original Fougère Royale (1882) for the most consummate experience, but I'm going against the usual grain here by saying that the bargain bin synthetics are actually what gives this crisp, sharp, and chipper scent it's charm; it's quite literally the antithesis of niche in the way it embraces synthesis rather than disguise it's own chemicals unde ar crowded note pyramid of exotic flora. I also highly doubt anything about this evokes imagery of the Australian bush, but Avon is about as culturally authentic as a Taco Bell, so expecting that is setting yourself up for failure. Worth a try for the fan of dime store charms and recently-deceased vintages or just more modern smells overall, but if you're not a kook in that way like I am, you best move along.
19th April, 2018 (last edited: 20th April, 2018)

Marc Jacobs Splash Cotton by Marc Jacobs

Mine, is the 2016 version. Has the same notes / ingredients. Light, breezy, fresh, modest, clean. Decent water notes here. A light peach, for a change. The wood is light, too. It DOES remind me of cotton. I'm glad I got a decant of this to finally try. It is quite different, from all the dark, heavy hitters in my collection.
19th April, 2018

Vetiverus by Oliver & Co.

Oliver and Co's Vetiverus is a potent Vetiver. It rides in medicinal and herbal...the first night that I tried a sample, my nose was a little bit stuffy, and I couldn't quite place the herb until I tried it the next day. It was absolutely clove! But mysteriously, clove is not listed as one of the notes so I did some research. Turns out that concentrated carnation can smell like cloves because carnation (Dianthus caryophyllata) contains eugenol, the same scent molecule found in the oil of clove. Very interesting.

For me, the medicinal quality opens Vetiverus, but then recedes to be replaced by a sharp vetiver over thick ambergris. Very rich. A slightly bitter floral enters that has the tonality of osmanthus pollen interwoven with a more true carnation note. In the mid-period, hints of orange came through the powder and the vetiver/ambergris became mildly salty. In the close, the clove shows through again, leaving a strong herbal base. Quite a unique scent, but I wasn't as taken with it as Vaninger. This is a house to watch.

Acqua Fiorentina by Creed

The opening combines apple and pear notes very nicely, fruity and with an added restrained freshness owing to a lemony bergamot in the background.

The drydown gives it a floral turn, with a light rose notes and whiffs of carnation and muguet moving in, but the fruitiness remains into the base. The rose is simple and neither rich nor heavy.

The base loses the fruity parts, and sees the emergence of a woodsy layer that is mainly cedar in nature, but I get again touches bergamot interwoven with the wood and the florals.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

A pleasant spring scent for days and warmer evening, which is classic in the selection of its good-quality ingredients. It is blended very well. 3.25/5.

1932 Eau de Toilette by Chanel

As a huge fan of powdery scents I enjoy this - for at least twenty minutes. Then this fades quickly away. The only notes I smell here are minimal aldehydes and neroli, then jasmine, rose, ylang, lilac, orris root, and musk, all blended so much I really had a hard time telling these notes apart. And even now, I am beginning to wonder if I smelled them. At any rate, this is lovely but not worth the high asking price. I have many other perfumes in my collection that are similar and last longer.
JBS1 Show all reviews

Ferrari Bright Neroli by Ferrari

I got two colognes from Fragrance Split today. One was GIT,and it was spot on,and the other was this one, Bright Neroli.
Let me first say that what I got from Fragrance Split was good, and the service was also solid.
That said ,when I sprayed Bright Neroli on it was OK. The name is what it is.I thought to myself, wow, I should get a bottle of this,especially what Bright Neroli is selling for. Then it started to change .All this began about 10 minutes in.About 15 minutes past and I said,no,I'll pass on this one,for it's getting into the overly synthetic side of colognes.20 minutes and I was getting pissed.My thought was this stuff is starting to stink.One hour latter and I was trying to wash it off.
I just took a smell from the twist up sprayer that Fragrance Split gives you,which is nice,and if only Bright Neroli stayed that way I would be happy. Sadly though,it doesn't. You get what you pay for.
Myself I would rather pay up for Acqua Di Parma's Colonia or Annick's Neroli . Both are nice. Then there's Le Gallion's Cologne too.
Sad to say it, but I am afraid to even give Bright Neroli away.I will though.It might work for someone else,just not me.
I would like to add that I generally shy away from reviews,but I thought that I should regarding Bright Neroli .

My Queen by Alexander McQueen

The initial mix of orange blossom and heliotropes - with hints of a dark lime-neroli mixed in at times - offers shaded freshness of a restrained nature. Nice.

The drydown takes a floral turn, with iris being given richness by a darker violet impression. Soon the base rings in with a pleasant vanilla impression, which has caramel characteristics initially.

A scent for spring days and evenings, this composition is not particularly creative, but it is blended very well of ingredients of very good quality. Very solid. 3.25/5.
18th April, 2018

Odalisque by Nicolaï

This stuff is heavenly. It has a beautifully classic, musky floral smell. It reminds me a bit of Armani by Giorgio Armani (1982). It has a wonderful pepper-type note. I agree with the reviews below that mention a resemblance to Patou 1000, and that describe it as a leather fragrance.
17th April, 2018 (last edited: 18th April, 2018)

Essences Insensées 2015 (Jasmine) by Diptyque

Very pretty and satisfies my need for a creamy, lovely realistic jasmine. I am surprised there are not more reviews for this. It's a "must-try" for jasmine lovers.

The indoles are not in-your-face, but take a back-seat, though are more present than, say, A la Nuit.

Vaninger by Oliver & Co.

Vaninger sparkles like champagne in the opening with a hint of grapefruit and lemon. I was worried the ginger might be too strong for me, because I'm not a fan of ginger in food, but it primarily carries the effervescent quality in the opening and then as the scent evolves it becomes a candied ginger. During the mid-period, an herbal note comes to the fore (which must be the turmeric note listed), briefly something sour that dances in and out and then the fruit transforms from the opening citrus to a deeper fruit that to my nose was plum although it seems to be listed in the notes as kumquat. After the ginger transforms to a sweeter candied ginger note, the base opens up to a gentle white musk or cashmeran at the end.

Vaninger is a delightful, energizing fragrance that took me on a unique journey.

Shooting Stars : Cruz Del Sur II by Xerjoff

An extraordinary blast of mango and pineapple with a pinch of apple drying later to vanilla base. It's THE best summer frag I ever have tried with silage and longevity. A true masterpiece

Kingdom by Alexander McQueen

The opening note is based on a citrus mix. Orange and bergamot, with an undercurrent of a somber but bright-ish neroli - freshness tampered by a shadowy veil cast over it.

The drydown adds a floral side, with jasmine and a rose in the foreground. At times the jasmine is stronger, at other times the dark rose comes up trump. The slight oriental spiciness of cumin adds additional depth.

The base adds woodsy aromas and myrtle-style herbal impressions giving interesting complexity to the vanilla that forms the core of the last hours of the development of this composition.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This autumnal scent for warmer days and evening is delightful. This is not of stellar quality, but it is a very good creation. It is not without original touches, the quality of the ingredients is high, and the blending is smooth without losing structure. A kingdom, a kingdom for a flâcon! 3.5/5.

Nature Millénaire by Yves Rocher

If I had known back then, this was to be a short-lived fragrance I would've bought more.

This was a warm, woody perfume that bordered on unisex, in my opinion. It is a dreamy balsamic concoction. Sweet cedar, with musky, muted iris. It can still be found. For outrageous prices, that is. Nature Millenaire is the fragrance that led me to finding this site called Basenotes.

If you stumble upon this at a sale somewhere, snap it up. It was ahead of its time, in its creation. Oliver Cresp knew what he was doing...

Shocking by Elsa Schiaparelli

Vintage sample. Fantastic! I get a heavy beginning with tarragon and aldehydes. Dark, dampish jasmine, narcissus, and honeyed rose, in the middle. I smell in the base civetta, patchouli, clove, and a hint of amber. Very old school. Very seducing. Good longevity. I'd heard of this decades ago; never before had the chance to try it. I am glad I finally got the opportunity.

Others have obviously copied, the bottle's interesting, feminine design.

English Leather by Dana

English Leather was initially called "Russian Leather" as the story goes, and was launched sometime in the 1930's alongside a glut of other similarly-named scents, but when the Danish company MEM jumped shores to the US and relaunched it's scent globally from there, they found it wiser to re-name it "English Leather" for it's 1949 relaunch to prevent Americans avoiding the stuff due to cold war paranoia associated to anything calling itself Russian. I honestly think it was a good move in the long run, since even after the cold war ended, there really aren't very many scents calling themselves "English Leather", but there are simply tons going by the name "Russian Leather" or "Cuir de Russie" if using the French. English Leather, much like the earlier Old Spice (1937) and later Brut (1963), would also become so undeniably popular (and thus common), that like the aforementioned, sort of became a victim of it's own economy of scale after a point, gradually getting reformulated to oblivion in the name of profit margins long before IFRA ever made any imposed changes. English Leather was just as good a leather masculine as any in it's heyday, and remained in pretty stable condition until Renaissance/New Dana picked up the property from a failing MEM corp and proceeded to re-orchestrate it as they did Canoe (1936) from the old Dana portfolio they also acquired. From there on out, English Leather became every bit the Walmart-quality scent most know it to be now, and only got worse after IFRA restricted the oakmoss in it's base. This review is based off of 80's MEM (towards the end of their existence), but I've also owned various Dana iterations throughout the years and have smelled the newest, so they'll be touched upon a little further down. Suffice it to say older is better here, but as long as you don't buy stock any newer than early 2000's, you'll at least get to experience the true leather chypre it's supposed to be. Anything after 2011 for this stuff is pure tragedy however, but more on that later.

English Leather in it's original form is another strange example of both chypre and fougère thought processes merging into one. MEM and Dana have always called it a chypre, and it does mostly smell like a chypre to be honest, so we'll keep it at that. Lemon, bergamot, and orange meet with very pale lavender in the top, and the stuff already sets us up for the classic rigidly masculine dryness that most other aromatic citrus chypres in the late 40's through the 50's possessed. Rosemary floats into the picture alongside some iris in the middle, but the base comes on pretty fast afterward. Some sites list a honey note being in the middle but I can't for the life of me sense it. The base is oakmoss, cedar, vetiver, the tell-tale leather note, tonka, and a tiny puff of musk. The leather and cedar give this it's bite throughout, and the oakmoss alongside the vetiver in the vintage give it the thrumming staying power it's known for having. Overall English Leather in all MEM iterations stays bright, a tiny bit soapy (but nothing like an aromatic fougère per se), then gets a tad darker in the end with the vetiver, moss, and tonka, but never gets sweet with that tonka or musk due to the cedar counterbalance. No aldehydes or heavy florals in this leather scent, which may make it seem a tad crude next to other leathers past and future like Knize Ten (1924) or Aramis (1965), but considering this was made to be an affordable signature for the working man, I don't think the unknown nose behind it really was trying for sophistication. The original tag line for this was "Wear English Leather or Wear Nothing at All" so I can see this was just meant to be "the cologne" and not some kind of major artistic statement. It smells as it sounds, of a saddle-quality leather, with the bright opening and dry finish keeping it squarely in a no-nonsense leathery mode throughout the wear. It isn't the best, but it's easy to see why it was popular. Unfortunately, this is where all the praise ends for the original, affable, simple, but effective "everyday leather" scent for men, because once it became a dynasty, things slowly went downhill.

MEM had made a mint on English Leather by the 70's, and had greatly abused the name for an ever-expanding waistline of flankers, much like Shulton did with Old Spice around the same time. I won't bother listing all the various flavors English Leather came in, but there was over a half-dozen of them and they had the same effect of making English Leather seem like a brand unto itself rather than a standalone iconic fragrance, which I feel hurt it in the end. By the 80's English Leather was becoming quickly irrelevant, and so was MEM, which lead to it's acquisition. The first "New Dana" iterations of English Leather were fairly close to the original stuff, just a little brighter with heavier top notes and dwindled base notes, likely for frugality. The first major re-orchestration in mid-2000's made English Leather very powdery and shrill, reducing the base further and removing the soap, giving it that "nursing home talcum" quality that younger people associate with the stuff, damaging it's reputation with potential new buyers. I think the oakmoss was also quietly replaced with generic "tree moss" at the time too. All bets were off after 2011 however, with "Dana Classic Fragrances" as they were calling themselves at this point thinking that they could just substitute a proper mossy chypre base with a super musky and synthetic one from their recent English Leather Black (2007). This last change majorly shifted the scent from chypre back into fougère territory by not only restoring the slightly darker, soapier edge of the original, but by making it dominate, having the base almost entirely musk and coumarin alongside the cedar and vetiver. The top remains mostly unchanged but the end result is a version of English Leather that goes on similarly, but dries down all wrong, smelling like weird leather variety of Axe body spray. There's plenty of vintage left to ensure a proper English Leather experience, but don't expect it to knock you socks off in any form, and being a fan of dry mid-century men's chypres is still a prerequisite to fully enjoying this. In a nutshell, English Leather is a decent "when all else fails" casual/work leather scent, but only in vintage form.

BUD Budapest by The Scent of Departure

I get a nice wooden backbone flavored with citrus which , in turn , is jazzed up with aromatic fresh pungy spiciness...i get a peppery/clove/paprika accord , but it's very gentle...overall feel is of a gentleman's type of fragrance...not so much the scent itself but the feel and ambiance it gives me...this house has some very decent fragrances , but overall , almost all the offerings suffer from a lack of throw and lifespan...could have done without the aquatic accord...makes it smell very close to Cool Water...smells like the same ingredient was used for that effect...at the end we're left with a quasi-aquatic muskiness...OK , but no big deal...bottom line - a semi-niche fragrance that smells like it could be found at the mall , but would be one of the better offerings...another last minute resemblance that just came to mind as I took in another snort - Bleu de Chanel...

Solare by Vince Camuto

An overly safe, but too low key, of a fragrance from Vince Camuto.

As mentioned by other reviewers, this scent is based on a candy-orange and musk foundation, sprinkled with a bit of cashmere to smooth it out. Despite a healthy dose of spraying, Solare remains at slightly more than at skin-scent level throughout the wear cycle, which on me fades after 5 to 6 hours. Whether cool or warm weather, Solare seems to stay fairly light - for me, too much so.

I prefer Vince Camuto's Terra for the thicker, more pungent effect that I like in a fragrance. Solare is somewhat fruity like Terra, but it's just too weak and barely discernible for me to really enjoy (unless of soak myself in it).

Moonlight in Heaven by By Kilian

A heavenly tropical dessert of citrus, mango, jasmine sambac, coconut milk sticky rice and a woody vetiver. I have received many unsolicited compliments while wearing this.

Yes there are other cheaper "tropical" fragrances out there, but this one stands head and shoulders above the rest. The azure refillable bottle comes in a padded compact case with a mother of pearl inlay. Refills are about $100 cheaper.

On my skin, sillage is within six feet, and longevity is about 10 hours.

It is not cloying, is perfect for Spring or Summer and can be worn for any occasion, day or night.

Of the many fragrances in my collection, this is one of my top 10 favorites.

16th April, 2018 (last edited: 20th April, 2018)

Flux de Fleur by Areej le Doré

Top note Grapefruit. This is the first time I've really noticed Grapefruit. It suggests a Citrus that cuts through the "Wet Socks" accord that can be produced from pairing the Sambac,Tuberose with Orange Blossom, Neroli.
Plumeria highlights and brightens the mix. Light wafts of Coconut and a mild fruitiness of Thai Ouds I have tasted.
Only whispers of Smokey Cambodian. This manages to stay out of the deep woods.
Tolu has a unique identifiable woodiness that bases this together with a light Amber Benzoin folded in.
The Animalics are lightly touched to offer the finesse of cupping the scent a la European.
I am quite charmed by this scent, in much the same way I have by La Douceur de Siam.
Kissed by the Frangipane and free of angry Synthetic/Invert Sugar.
This is for the Girls,certainly.
And for us boys, who wish to be scent both Beautiful and Handsome.
16th April, 2018 (last edited: 17th April, 2018)

Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron

Raymond Challian always seemed interested in keeping his masculine perfume vibes square in the middle of the 20th century, when dry citrus-lead aromatic chypres were the epitome of masculinity, and stuck to this formula both for Yves Saint Laurent Pour Homme and Balenciaga Ho Hang (1971 both). Afterwards, he branched out a bit with Signoricci 2 (1976), Monsieur Carven (1978), and Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine (1986), but returned to the lemon and woods chypre for his last masculine, and last documented creation, Boucheron Pour Homme. 1991 was a time of transition for mainstream designer perfume, particularly masculines, as guys were being forced to let go of their powerhouses and replace them with greatly toned-down "fresh" fougères, aquatics, and sharp citrus ozonics that bore some relation to the chypres of old, but were rife with synthetics. Boucheron threw out any notion of change with Boucheron Pour Homme, not only by sticking with tradition, but going even -further- back in time from the outgoing 80's powerhouses, by releasing a nuclear-powered aromatic citrus for men. Raymond Challian was clearly the best person for the job, considering his track record, and what he delivers here is an amazing aromatic citrus without any of the performance problems for which the genre is known.

Boucheron comes in 2 strength variations: Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum, the latter being another rare move for the men's world, as most extra-strength iterations of men's fragrance were given the name "Eau de Toilette Concentrée" to avoid the word "Parfum", since most guys in the west, particularly America, were conditioned to believe parfum was for women. We all know this practice would die out in the 21st century, but here was Boucheron making a legitimate parfum for men in 1991.. bravo! There's a lot in this juice, so note separation is poor since a lot of blending went into it. The prominent top notes to me are citrus, in almost a cocktail, with the lemon, bergamot, and manadarin standing out most. The basil shows second, with lavender and verbena adding that floral and herbaceous twang. The middle is all floral here, unsurprisingly with classic choices like iris, carnation, muguet, and jasmine, but rose and ylang-ylang make an appearance also, not that I can tell. I mostly smell the carnation and iris in this phase. Basenotes are confusingly both of the chypre and fougère category, but this feels like a chypre to me so that's what I'm calling it. Sandalwood, tonka, musk, oakmoss, vetiver, amber, and an unidentified incense note are beefed up with benzoin and styrax, in what's probably the last example of a mildly animalic-toned base in a male perfume outside the later niche movement. Finally, near the end, the rose I couldn't detect before sneaks up in the dry down, making this pretty rosy in it's last phase, and almost dandy-like. Boucheron Pour Homme is so quality and long-lasting it might as well be niche, and sells for a wooden nickel.

Boucheron is just a good traditional scent for the man that wants to leave a trail of class and discerning taste wherever he may roam. I'd suggest the parfum for it's heft, but if lighter presence is desired, the Eau de Toilette is perfectly fine. Fans of anything like Monsieur de Givenchy (1959) or Revlon That Man (1958) should be all over this, and people wanting a bit of an adventure should try Avon Paradigm/Class Act/Aspire ( US/EU/Mex names 2002), as it's a leathery take on the same style. Boucheron was spitting in the face of convention in 1991, whether you argue that convention was still the "powerhouse", or the "freshie" by that point, as Boucheron Pour Homme sided with neither. This stuff is a fitting final masculine from Challian too, as he has made some of the best in this category. If you've never tried an aromatic citrus chypre, this is a great entry point since it has all of the strengths but none of the genre's weaknesses, and only deviates from the norm with it's large floral middle, so if you don't like it, then it can be attributed to taste and you can save yourself a lot of sampling or blind buys from the category. Chanel Pour Monsieur (1955) is still the flagship for it's class in my opinion, but Boucheron Pour Homme closely nips at it's heels.. just 36 years later. Amazing stuff, and very complex for a fragrance made in an era when less was gradually being seen as more. Keep Boucheron for mid-temperatures, formal, office, or very high-end romantic use (like fine dining), because I'll be damned if it isn't one of the most-refined things I've smelled. Excellent stuff!
surge Show all reviews

Ombré Leather 16 by Tom Ford

Fantastic fragrance...I'm not a fan of leather fragrances typically, I don't much care for Tuscan Leather, it's just way too strong for me -- but this one, this is a leather based fragrance I can actually wear and enjoy.
The opening with the violet is just superb.
Love it, but not enough to buy a retail bottle.
A nice decant for my collection though.

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

Aqua pour Homme has a nice, salty, citrusy, aquatic opening. Later the drydown is all floral aquatic and kinda cloying due to its very strong projection. This may be just my skin but these "calone" or "blue" scents really take off with a little body heat and become very annoying. If I had a spray redo, I'd probably only do 2 sprays, and that's from a sample.

Very clean and casual, best for daytime.