Fragrance Reviews from May 2002

Fath Pour l'Homme by Jacques Fath

Fath is a most unusual and warm, sensual scent. It may seem a bit too sweet if you use too much...as a little goes a long way. They also make a wonderful Spray Deodorant that is just as terrific. It's not sold everywhere and that's a plus, for me. I found both the cologne AND the Spray DEO. at Perfumebay.com. If you want, you can try one of the Deodorants and see if you like the scent. It's a rather undiscovered fragrance, but I find it a "winner."

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

I really cannot stand Romo Uomo. It has such a deeply pungent, sweet scent. I bought it hastily and tried the cologne, the Spray Deodorant, and The Shower Gel. It really was so strong and had an awful thick overly sweet scent, I felt nauseated! I know this is a fine House, but Laura sure didn't make me take my clothes off...it made me run for some fresh air

Weekend for Men by Burberry

Weekend is a very nice, lite, fresh fragrance...nice for casual wear. It's citrus and fresh and not in the least, heavy. I've enjoyed it, literally, for weekend wearing. It's easy duty and makes you feel fresh and relaxed

Xeryus Rouge by Givenchy

This is one of my favorites! I love the combination of Fresh and Warm and very Sensual, within a minute of putting it on. I find this one of the BEST. It's simple, but very classy and compliments seem to just some naturally. As with most scents, it does smell differently on different people. But if you like Warm and fresh and unusual and NOT over powering...than this may be the same Discovery for you, that it's been for me. They also make a GREAT Spray Deodorant, but it's impossible to find in the US. But even the Deo. alone, is a great fresher upper!

scentimus's avatar

Intuition for Men by Estée Lauder

Yes, Intuition is here! At least were I live!
    I did bend and got myself a large spray. It is in the same line as Allure for men but better not so sharp and heavy sweet.
    The bottle is just beautiful. The poster model for the scent is a very dark mysterious man.

16 May, 2002

Jordan by Michael by Michael Jordan

Purchased this based on comments from others. While I don't hate it it just doesn't do it for me personally and I gave it away. I've heard it described as an old school type of scent. It's a creamy fragrance, not overpowering and some people will enjoy it, just I'm not one of them so I guess I'm not too old school.

21st May, 2002

Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

I definitely have to disagree with Josh A's perceptions. This fragrance is WAY up there and one of my favorites!! I have gotten frequent compliments from others and they aren't saying how good it smells just to be kind. Anything you wear depends on your body chemistry. This is exciting, deep, sensuous and makes the wearer who wears it well feel exuberated. Incredibly delicious fragrance. There will always be 2 or three who will find something wrong with any fragrance so do yourself a favor and try this one for yourself.

21st May, 2002

Tempore Uomo by Laura Biagiotti

Tempore is great but I have to disagree in that it does not absolutely does not smell remotely like Casran by Chopard. Try this, you will like this.

28 May, 2002 (Last Edited: 24 March, 2004)

Truth Calvin Klein Men by Calvin Klein

This really is wonderful, and I normally stay away from very fresh, green fragrances. But this is exceptional and I keep smelling myself. I didn't think I'd like anything with Calvin's name on it other than Obsession, but this one got me. I don't believe it's in major department stores yet so I am free to wear it for a little while. Once it hits the stores then Everyone will run buy it. But for now I'm safe

31st May, 2002