Fragrance Reviews from August 2002

Black Jeans by Versace

I purchased this based on the reviews from this site. Unfortunately, I DID think it overpowering and harsh. But that's just me. For those who enjoy - go for yours but I will pass. I didn't even give the bottle away, just tossed it.

01st August, 2002

Rococo Homme by Joop!

I guess I spoke too soon. Maybe I will learn to like it. Everyone in my office keeps walking by asking what I have on and how good I smell. Maybe I should reevaluate this fragrance before deciding to wear pickle juice.

01st August, 2002

Déclaration by Cartier

A beautifully textured scent that always reminds me of Autumn for some reason. Though heavy in woods it is a sweet departure from the more sandalwood and patchouli dominated woodsy scents.

Déclaration Bois Bleu by Cartier

Though I've only tried this item once I really could detect little difference between this and the original namesake. However, if you like the blue color, buy this one instead.

L'Essence de Must de Cartier by Cartier

I find this a much richer and longer-lasting counterpart to the original Must. In fact, I bought it for my wife as its aroma is quite a rich, seductive delight. Another steller fragrance by Cartier. Even though redundency seems to be a trend with some of the very similar spin-offs of some of their scents, I've yet to really find a bad Cartier product.

Must de Cartier pour Homme by Cartier

Even though this scent pans out quite light on my skin it is nevertheless quite long-lasting and one of my more mellow favorites. Mellows to a nice buttery/vanilla-like base that I'm comfortable with.

Santos by Cartier

Probably the best most well-rounded chypre scents produced by Cartier. Though introduced in 1981, and dominant in notes from that era in fragrance, it is quite adaptable to today's social climate and is truly a gentleman's scent with a soft, smooth, sophisticated presentation that lasts quite well.

Santos Eau de Sport by Cartier

With dominant notes of galbanum, neroli, cumin, clove, cedar wood, and patchouli, Santos Sport is a superb companion to its elder brother. I've yet to find a truly bad fragrance produced by Cartier, but this should be included right along with Santos as one of the classics. It retains the smooth, rich character of Santos, but adds just a bit of lively citrus to make a great, long-lasting every day scent.

Adolfo Dominguez by Adolfo Dominguez

This is a lovely fragrance. Citrus top notes that settle into a woody base. Reminds a lot of Armani Pour Homme which is another of my favourites.

Mugler Cologne by Thierry Mugler

What a change from A*Men! I liked that at first but as my friends and family stated feeling nauseous around me I thought again. Now when I smell A*Men I feel sick too! This on the other hand is great! I absolutely love it! Its top notes are very green and fresh but I would say its mid-pitched. Settles very well with a woody tone and last all day. I strongly recommend it.

Eau du Coq by Guerlain

I really like this! Its top notes are very citrus and fresh. As it settles the rosemary and bergamot come to the fore. A light subtle easy to wear fragrance that's not over-powering. Has that clean "freshly showered" scent that's suitable for everyone.

Jicky by Guerlain

My first review of this scent was VERY negative. I'm sure the tester I sampled it from was bad. I now own the EDT, PDT and Parfum! Its a wonderful intoxicating scent! Me thnks the civet has been toned down, much to my liking. Not a big fan of lavander but this one does it so well. I take it all back Jicky, I LOVE YOU NOW!

08 August, 2002 (Last Edited: 15 October, 2005)

Python Uomo by Trussardi

Light and fresh with hints of berries is the first note that hits you. Slightly acidic with a hint of jam! (I know sounds horrible!). The scent then settles to a light woody musky base that's very pleasant to wear. Highly recommended and a little unusual. Does seem a little high pitched at first but don't let that put you off!

Vetiver by Guerlain

Fantastic! Need say no more!

Diesel Green Masculine by Diesel

This one certainly has a very unusual bottle. Great fun to apply! Quite a light scent. Top notes are fresh and minty but as it settles sweeter and slightly woody notes appear. Doesn't last too long and a little indistinct, but good for hot summer days (when we get them!)

Givenchy pour Homme by Givenchy

Couldn't wait to get this one in duty free this year! I tried it a few weeks before and the scent stayed with me all day. Its one of those "must haves"! Mid-pitched quite green at first but this settles into warms woody notes. Not too heavy or over-powering, its distinctive and quite masculine.

Bora Bora for Men by Liz Claiborne

Seems bora boring to me. I felt it was similar to Curve yet not as good. Not offensive, but I wouldn't buy it. Like most Claiborne scents every other guy will buy it and you'll smell Bora Bora on subways, in restuarants, in grocery stores, way too often

12 August, 2002

Feeling Man by Jil Sander

I completely agree with Trivletj 2002/07/02!!! This is ECACTLY the same reaction that I had to this great scent. The only problem is, that it's very hard to locate. But if you can find it...try it. It's a winner!!!

Kiton Men by Kiton

This is a wonderful fragrance that's not very easy to find. The cologne and the spray deodorant have the same warm, clean, fresh, and very classy scent. If you like warm, clean, and fresh...I highly recommend it

Armani Mania by Giorgio Armani

I was disappointed by this new Armani scent. It's a nice, fresh, and ordinary scent. Nothing distinctive or worth paying top dollar for. J. August 8/15/20

Mark's avatar
    Mark

Clubman by Pinaud

this is a really old scent that I believe stands the test of time. It is a simple smelling fougere like brut or canoe though I believe it is superior to each. It's complex but unchanging- the way it smells at application is darn close to the smell 8 hours later. It's a very masculuine scent and reminds me of barber shops. a shame it's only found in plastic (albeit well designed) bottles

28 August, 2002