Fragrance Reviews from November 2004

Hugo Dark Blue by Hugo Boss

Not an everyday fragrance, and more complex than i gave hugo credit for , A winner .

Insensé Ultramarine by Givenchy

fresh & crisp aquatic scent with lasting power. can even get away with wearing in cold weather.

Monsieur Musk by Dana

Man it doesnt cost that much for an investment such as this. I have a buddy who i was schooling on all the up to date stuff and he took me back to this.A HIDDEN GEM ! Dont let the ugly bottle fool you . MANY COMPLIMENTS.

Vetiver by Guerlain

Noble,elegant , and just downright gooood,this is some awesome smelling juice .Many compliments when i wear this one.

G Him by Gap

Very clean & fresh , much better than the TOMMY T FRAGRANCE.

FCUK Him by French Connection

Dont pay attention to those other negative comments . If you only have 4 or 5 bottles ,no this may not be the one for you , but for the connesuirs out there who are tired of everything starting to smell the same, this one's a winner.

Eau Torride by Givenchy

Nothing manly about this one. Sharp citrus opening and doesnt develop into anything else really .

p1a2t's avatar

Armani Eau Pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Its very nice ... doesnt seem that great at first but as it mixes with my body chemistry, its becomes very pleasant ... check it out with the people around you ... I got some unsolicited compliments ...

Darkbloom's avatar

Pot Pourri by Santa Maria Novella

This has been a lesson in judging fragrances too hastily. At first, I was very disappointed in the sharp, medicinal quality of this scent and what seemed to be its short-lived and too subtle drydown. Now, like Paul on the road to Tarsus, I have been utterly converted, and the extraordinary qualities of this fragrance have been revealed to me. This is now one of my absolute favorites. The Listerine quality I previously abhorred, I now find bracing. The spiciness of the drydown which seemed too fleeting and faint, is now incredibly nose-tingling and exhilirating and extremely long-lived. I just put on a shirt I wore a week ago, and I could still smell that distinctive, intoxicating spice. I agree with Mr. Slinkard, this is one addictive fragrance. A masterpiece. How could I have been so wrong.

12 November, 2004 (Last Edited: 11th December, 2004)

Ambro by Jacomo

Ruslan hit it on the head with the comparison,but it does have it's own identity. A spicy ,peppery ,dry bite in this baby.

Aura for Men by Jacomo

A very pleasing mellow scent .

Fluid Man by Iceberg

Ruslan must have got a bad bottle because this stuff lasts toooooo long and taps out verrrrrrrry powdery

Iceberg Twice Homme by Iceberg

Man this one gets their attention, when you come in an area the people are sniffin talkin about (who smellin good)!!!

Jacomo de Jacomo by Jacomo

Man this scent is garbage, i dont know how the fragrance notes blend to make this horrible scent , but it did. Smells like musty medicine,but i love everything else jacomo has put out.

Joop! Homme by Joop!

Man i started alot of dudes wearing cologne when this came out. Ive outgrown it now but every blue moon i might pull it out .Actually my father-in-law made me hate it for a minute because he bathed in it for years and now he's grown up also but this guy just got transferred where i work wear it about 3 times a week, so im done with it . WAS GOOD WHILE IT LASTED!!!!!

Nightflight by Joop!

They created this a bottle too late. It was asking too much to counter the first joop with something softer ,more mellow, when you think of joop you cant get that bright purplish-pink bottle or smell out of your mind.OH by the way this is good also.

Paradox for Men Blue by Jacomo

VERY interesting scent. Jacomo out did themselves with this one. UNEXPLAINABLE BUT AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!

What About Adam by Joop!

SUPER-CITRUSEY fresh ,my wife hates this stuff.I have the shower gel and all and i come to bed all crispy fresh and my wife tells me i cant even hug her smellin like that. Shot the mood & everything, smells OK 2 ME.

Jacomo de Jacomo Rouge by Jacomo

DA BOMB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Millennium Hope by Jivago

Hey ,this is some bad stuff, Imean in good way . Soft ,citrus ,floral ,smooth and mellow and its surprisingly long lasting .2 thumbs up.

Mauboussin Homme by Mauboussin

Very distinct scent unlike everything out there now . You have the nerve to be different ,this is the one .

Docwinters's avatar

GFT by Geo F Trumper

Tried GFT initially from a sample sent by Trumper. Have since purchased two bottles! Everything gets compared to everything else, so let me state unequivocally that I believe GFT to be the best citrus scent on the market. While strong initially, it is never overpowering. Unlike most of this class, it lasts the whole day! The middle and base notes, which make or break any fragrance, seem to be in perfect balance, thus enhancing rather than modifying the original citrus notes. The result is that GFT smells (almost) as good at the end of the day as when you first spray it on. It exudes both class and refinement. While somewhat expensive, at least you know that you are getting what you pay for since by default, GFT must contain a high percentage of essential oils. An additional plus is that on this side of the pond, you will not smell like anyone (or everyone) else!

Godeke_Michels's avatar

Vol de Nuit by Guerlain

Vol de Nuit still is one of the most audacious, daring fragrances ever created! The mysterious, exotic heart note and the sinister, dramatic base note make this the ultimate femme fatale scent. Besides, it is so elegant, graceful and loaded with quiet confidence that it is perfectly suitable for business.
    I think this impressive classic tends to being masculine, so it can (and, in my opinion) should also be worn by gentlemen!

HackerX's avatar

Lanvin L'Homme by Lanvin

Vera Wang and Lanvin L'Homme are very similar with the fresh notes, both are superb colognes!

Zerby's avatar

B*Men by Thierry Mugler

All I've had was a sample & it seems to be a hit
    w/ people. At my Physical, a nurse thought I smelled good B*Men was what I was wearing. I do plan to buy it. I also think "Cologne" By Thierry
    Muggler is great too. I have a bottle of "Cologne". Hopefully soon I'll buy the B*Men.

BradtheImpaler's avatar

PS by Paul Sebastian

One part Pierre Cardin + one part Old Spice = PS...but what's wrong with that? Nice but a very traditional/old fashioned scent if that's not your thing.

Booster by Lacoste

Hardly pretty, but certainly a different kind of scent: poetic, evocative, elusive: melancholy of desolate kitchen gardens, mystery of old attics, memories of crumbling greenhouses, an abandoned warehouse still fragrant with the smell of sweet and bitter herbs. But the greatest mystery is this: what idiot thought fit to call this highly poetic scent by the prosaic name 'Lacoste Booster'?

JHL by Aramis

It is rumoured that the Baron de Charlus was once observed strolling through the Faubourg Saint Germain wearing absolutely nothing except a liberal application of JHL cologne. Interrogated by a curious policeman concerning his state of undress, the Baron replied haughtily: 'My good fellow, I am far from being undressed! Since I am wearing JHL by Aramis, one of the finest creations in the whole history of human endeavour, I consider myself not merely to be adequately adorned but to be positively garbed in glory! Now be off with you and about your business or I shall complain to your superiors!'

Jules by Christian Dior

How my friend Marcel loved this fragrance! I recall that once, a little the worse for wear from champagne, he confided tearfully to me: 'Here was the odour of earth and sweet woods, so gentle, so refined, where once I walked with my first love Gilberte. At the centre of the forest we paused to savour the deep and distinguished smell, causing us to stare at each other in the astonishment of our affection, the captives of scarcely glimpsed poetic impressions which revealed to us the impossibility of tracing them to their mysterious source, so profound and with such elegant reticence did they seem imbued and simultaneously to entice us whilst withdrawing their secret. Ah, Gilberte! Ah, Jules! Where are you now?

Knize Ten by Knize

If Tactics by Shisheido illustrates that a fragrance with some affinities to detergent can be a thing of beauty, then the much acclaimed Knize Ten seems to demonstrate that a fragrance with some affinities to insect repellent can be beautiful too. All this means is that the opening and dominant note is frankly a bit weird, even slightly unpleasant, but the melodies which grow out of it are rich and strange and, partly because of the weird note they blend with, pretty unique. Subtle complexities of leather, tobacco, herbs and sweetness - I agree with the other reviewers about this.