Fragrance Reviews from October 2005

My Ocean for Him by Club Med

Impossibly good-smelling, low-price gem of a scent! Very fresh and "beachy"; despite its low profile status, I think this should be a standard scent in a man's summer collection. Not heady and overpowering by any means. Kudos to Club Med. :)

FCUK Him by French Connection

Not bad at all! Has a fresh, sharp lavender quality that really sticks out. The accompanying deodorant is decent to wear even by itself. Powdery and even watery in nature. I haven't received any comments on this one yet, but I still wear it on occasion.

Emporio Armani Night He by Giorgio Armani

A great evening scent! Not very long-lasting on me, but I love it nonetheless. The violet note is an unusual one, but somehow suitable in this sexy fragrance. Fits right in to the many oriental scents that are around (Le Male, Britto, Azzarro Pure Lavender, etc.), with a striking, airy distinction that must be smelled to understand. Like the bottle too, with the rubber button on a simple looking metal cannister. Too bad it has been removed from just about all store shelves; but good news is, it can be found
    in discount stores on a wide scale for a good price. :)

Un Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès

I had purchased this one blindly from the Net. I had wanted to like this one, but for a unisex scent, I find it slanted too far to the feminine side for my tastes. It is an acquired-taste fragrance for sure. Is it the fig notes, the mastic notes, I don't know. It's best to try it out first at better department stores first, then purchase it online, IMO.

Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Nice rendition of Allure! The original isn't too bad, but this one has an additional muskiness that is great. It is an all-year fragrance, yet right-at-home during active sport sessions...or just hanging out in the summertime. It's not too strong, and sits on the skin very nicely. Not super watery as many "sport" versions tend to be.

Cool Water Deep by Davidoff

This version of the classic Cool Water seems more pleasant and less synthetic. It does have a deeper quality to it, changing from the familiar top-note of the original scent to a different, warmer direction...almost musky. It doesn't seem to last very long on me, so I'd have to keep this at the ready for instant recharge. ;-o

Essenza di Zegna Intense by Ermenegildo Zegna

Spicy, woody, classically-Italian scent! It definitely stands out, but not in the way a Givenchy Pour Homme or Cuiron would; it all depends on how much you spray on. Hard to find in my area, except at the Sephora where I got mine. A reliable part of my scent arsenal. ;)

Magnetism for Men by Escada

Saffron!! Can't go wrong with that as a note in a scent! Quite a nice watery, tangy, sexy scent by Escada. Was skeptical at first, smelling it off of a testing strip in a store versus wearing it directly; the latter is far more informative and accurate for me, as the testing strip doesn't do it justice. And I sometimes get the impression of this one smelling a bit like Coca Cola(in a good way!!) It is a scent for 20-30 somethings, IMO. Give it a try.

Jaïpur Homme Fresh by Boucheron

I am proud to be the first to review this sleeper scent: Clean, sweet, bright fragrance, spiked with spicy woody notes on top. It is powdery like the original, but Jaïpur Homme Fresh is a bit more subdued and won't lead to headaches! Got it for a reasonable price at Nordstrom, and highly recommend it as an alternative to the original Jaïpur Homme. I wouldn't buy any other Boucheron scents but this one. ;)

Comme des Garçons 2 Man by Comme des Garçons

A rich, decidedly masculine woody creation! I much prefer this to the unisex CdG2. This one is similar in a way to Gucci pour Homme, but it contains that unmistakable boldness and distinctive "CdG" character that the "Odeur" scents have. Unique and a great scent to stick apart from the rest.

Gendarme 20 by Gendarme

A bold, clean, grab-your-attention scent that smacks of sophistication and originality (although "Clean Ultimate" is very close to smelling like it). I do like the original Gendarme, but not its low longevity on my skin. This EDP lasts a bit longer, but I like its deeper quality vs. the original. Hard to find in stores, and when found, demands some real buck$. Nevertheless, a real treat to wear every once in a while, when I want to draw some hardcore attention/compliments. ;)

adamqx4's avatar

Love In White by Creed

I have been eagerly awaiting Love In White, and I was thrilled when the product became available. I love the top notes of the Orange which nicely mixes in with the floral middle notes. I think that it is very admirable that the company is donating a portion of its profits to such a great cause, and more companies should definitely follow suit!

test-bnplus's avatar

G Homme by Gansonne

I can't find it anywhere now, but it was cheap and smelt wonderful. Like a walk through a forest on a winters morning

cassino24's avatar

Sandalwood by Yardley

This is a fantastic fragrance which is very hard to find. It can be worn anytime of the day or night.

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

When I first encountered Thierry Mugler fragrances I was a bit turned off. It's a complex scent and at first it smells a bit heavy, but the notes soften with your chemistry. The coffee and patchouli make the fragrance sexy, yet the lavender and mint is soothing and the caramel and chocolate are comforting and warming. I get nothing but compliments anytime I wear this fragrance, and yes I've been told that it smells like sex. Not a bad thing if I say so myself ;) This is one of my "holy trinity" of fragrances.

Allure Homme by Chanel

Allure Homme is a wonderful fragrance. It is fresh and lively yet warm and sensual and almost sweet as the base notes develop and emerge after the fruity top notes. This fragrances can be casual or dressed up depending on the occasion. I find that it's composition also allows for it to be worn year round, day and night. Like all Chanel fragrances and even their makeup, this product lasts! Every man should own at least one Chanel fragrance.

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

My first fragrance was a Chanel fragrance. I still hold the view that CHanel is the leader in fragrances. In my opinion they are the best in terms of quality. Egoiste Platinum is bold, powerful, and masculine. It was my first fragrance, and I've been addicted to Chanel ever since. The fragrance starts off fresh and clean and then transitions to a spicy woody base. Definitely for a fashionable, sophisticated man.

denstyle's avatar

Dilmun by Lorenzo Villoresi

I just picked this up in Milan. I was loking for something else entirely, but fell for this with the first sniff. Great citrus and green start, with a warm heart of orange flower and whispers of woods and resins...outstanding and longlasting, especially if you like orange flower scents.

docjason's avatar

Philippine Philippine

Aqua pour Homme by Bulgari

this is a very fresh and clean scent.. it last fairly long and is very different among the aquatic scents ive smelled.. these is a must buy for those who love aquatic scents.. i turns a lot of heads also.. great for day/office wear

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

attraction and sillage , something that would turn heads towards you speacially if you wear it with Beyond Paradise from esteelauder

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

girls like it alot, this fragrance and opium are too close but egoist is stonger, chanel line of frgrance is really great they don't make fragrance that fail

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

class in a bottle , with a classy suit and romantic night it will never fail, one of my top 10

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

i have it but am unable to use it oftenly i still couldn't get it

Michael for Men by Michael Kors

it is defininly a different scent , its a little bit complicated for those who like staight fragrances such az ADG , i found that women like it and they think of it az a machow smell. it is not a smell for young boys

Platinum Égoïste by Chanel

ego in a bottle , i have more than 250 fragrances and still this is a top 10 fragrance for me , sometimes i like to wear it just for my self , i feel extra confidence with it

Vetiver by Guerlain

classic it is , i like most of guerlain line and vetiver is one of my fav , try vetiver frozen for summer its fresher and younger

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

i love this fragrances
    i was searching for nino cerruto for a long time and couldn't find it , when i found gucci PH it was very close to Nino Cerruti but with different sillage bought my third bottle of it couple of days ago.

M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

i first smell this fragrance in dubai airport freezone i tested it on my hand before riding a plane and after i rach my destination and aboud five hours lates i could still smell the great smell it had

Rive Gauche pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent

if you like brut you would love this fragrance , it is very close to it , it has nice sillage and staying power

jack_rabbit_slim's avatar

Paris Hilton for Men by Paris Hilton

Makes your mouth water when you smell it, and it makes the ladies mouth's water as well.