Fragrance Reviews from May 2005

glorious1's avatar

Mitsouko by Guerlain

This is the Queen! It's a masterpiece as everyone knows. A fabulous classic creation that only Guerlain could have pulled off. Although it's not my all time favorite.....and I must be in the mood for Mitsouko.....I wear it and wonder why I don't wear it more often. It is a dream in the parfum and body cream. TIMELESS!!

02 May, 2005 (Last Edited: 13 January, 2007)

glorious1's avatar

Angel by Thierry Mugler

ANGEL either loves you or hates you. You don't choose Angel ....Angel chooses you.
    I will agree with someone else. Angel does best in less humidity and cooler weather. I live in South Forida and it is reserved for cooler months.
    Not my very favorite but I do love it. It isn't a perfume that I could wear all the time.

02 May, 2005 (Last Edited: 13 January, 2007)

Sardu's avatar

Van Gils by Van Gils

More patchouli horror. Not as offensive as Givenchy Gentleman, but that's not saying much.

09 May, 2005

tradesman's avatar

China China

Chèvrefeuille Original by Creed

I purchased a bottle of chevrefeuille Original and wasn't impressed. Yeterday, I re-tried or 're-visited' it as the saying goes.Maybe it was the humid weather,maybe it was just me but this scent is hugely under-rated when compared amongst the other creed scents, of which I own 8 different scents.Maybe it's the name (people cannot easily translate the name) as people aren't too familiar with Honeysuckle,or maybe it's the plain , standard clear bottle. Either way, I am smitten with this stuff.It's just diferent from many of the other creed scents.

16 May, 2005

Sardu's avatar

Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Great stuff, but I really don't see what's rouge about it. I rather think that this is white: I wear one spray of this (no more -- it's strong) to work when there's a foot of snow on the ground, which is most days between December and March here in Ottawa. It's just so appropriate for winter.

25 May, 2005