Fragrance Reviews from December 2006

TDDanae's avatar

Aqua Allegoria Anisia Bella by Guerlain

I love so many Guerlain perfumes that I bought this as a blind buy and I was very disappointed. It was watery and had a very bitter licorice smell with a slight peach scent. Even though it was so weak and watery, It still had a way of turning my stomach in very bad ways. I was surprised that Guerlain would put it's name on this. Awful.

treazurekitten's avatar

Arpège by Lanvin

I've only recently tried Arpege. It is soft, with elegant rather than animalic musk. There is a leathery quality, I think the bergamot, coriander create this impression. The florals are quite restrained with violet, rose, maybe a hint of carnation. And it is mildly salty, like My Sin, also by Lanvin. Overall too restrained for me to feel passionate about it.

Mikey Q's avatar

Bois du Portugal by Creed

Although I'm a big Creed fan, for me this one is an awful lot like the much-cheaper Old Spice. It's nice enough, and the dry down is very nice - but - it doesn't seem as classy as the other Creeds I wear regularly. The practical guy in me would buy Old Spice and then with the money I saved buy a different Creed. Cheers!

Nyghtslave's avatar

Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

When it comes down to opium, I'd have to say I'm a total sucker for it. and the funny thing is, my mother has it too. I've always been the spicy scent type, sweet and light scents just don't go with me, but I never would have guessed I'd end up with the same scent as my mother...There is just one thing I don't agree with. Yes, it is a very heavy and sensual scent, but that does not mean it can't be suitable for younger people. I have it, I love it, people compliment me about it, yet I am 21...(I must admit I use the eau de toilette)...It really depends (I think) on whether you can handle the sensuality it harbours, and not on how old you are.

Subhalen's avatar

Scuderia Ferrari Black by Ferrari

I just received this today and my wife gave it a 2 thumbs up.. I really like the scent and even like it more since my wife likes it (I have struck out several times by buying something with rave reviews and she saying it stunk). Just my two cents (Scents)..!

mr.setter's avatar

Tea for Two by L'Artisan Parfumeur

I already had' felt thanks to of the champions some "delights" de L'Artisan as The' pour an Ete', L'Eau de L'Artisan and Voleur de Rose, but when has been me "sprinkled" on the hand Tea for Two it has been as a flash!!! A revelation.
    I never had, NEVER felt something similar.... absolutely amazing.... The passage from the notes of head floral to those of the smoked tea and then slowly the appearance of the honey and the others notes of fund and' something that indeed very difficult to describe to words.
    Unfortunately I believe that one of the collateral effects of the to possess this marvelous fragrance both to create "a dependence".
    I admit it today: I am a "drug addict" of Tea for Two or as the calls in a friendly way here in the forum T42!
    Not there and' day - above all to the evening at the end of a day of job - that I don't allow to fall some drop of this intoxicating mixture on my skin and every time the effect of beatitude repeats him: really unbelievable.

catbirdptp's avatar

Noix de Tuberéuse by Miller Harris

This Miller Harris masterpeice is exotic, sweet, nuturing, sophisticated, lovely and memorable.

gregmech26's avatar

Euphoria by Calvin Klein

I love this fragrance because it smells like a rich raspberry cream.

gregmech26's avatar

L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme by Issey Miyake

A high-quality, rich, lemon-citrus fragrance. Smells like an exotic, moist, tropical summer morning.

Ambre Sultan by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Incense in a cathedral for High Mass and Benediction, then 12-15 hours through the wedding reception and the first night. Omnes angeli et archangeli, orate pro nobis.

Arabie by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido

Fig Newtons or poppyseed roll from heaven... but only for a four-hour visit. I wish it lasted longer and stronger on me, as Ambre Sultan does.

Pure Cédrat by Azzaro

My current everyday choice: the citron lasts beyond the few minutes of initial pungent sharpness, and the cedar presence reminds me of happy classrooms from the past (others might denigrate it as a pencil-sharpener smell, but I enjoyed pencils, books, and slide rules).

BHMum2's avatar

Rumeur (new) by Lanvin

I received a sample at the counter and either I loathe the smell or it has gone off. Sour and rancid smelling in the tester and on as well.

galadriel's avatar

Krazy Krizia by Krizia

A truly refreshing and addictive fragrance, and one of my all-time favourites even though it's really hard to find nowadays and I haven't had it for something like ten years.

Eklectic1's avatar

Bigarade by Nina Ricci

I finally found this on Ebay after years of seeking! I remember this so tenderly from my early teen and midteen years (the 70s). A marvelous blend of exotic orange and cedar. It smelled very different on me than on my mother, making it truly mine. Then it disappeared too soon! Very sad! I will continue to seek this fine scent.

pookerella's avatar

Stella by Stella McCartney

This is one of my new favorite scents. I love the smell of roses and I love the smell of amber. You can wear it in winter and summer and it can be a daytime or evening fragrance, too. Careful, though....the pure perfume and the Rose Absolut are superior to the regular spray. Pure Rose has the capacity of being kind pungent with even just a teeny bit too much alcohol. This scent would work better in an oil base, but I am not in charge! If you tried the regular spray and didn't fall in love, you will have better luck with the Rose Absolut (has a bit more amber which warms it) and the Pure EDP (very expensive, but no spray). I am awaiting a Rose Absolut Extrait which I hope they will consider very soon!

31st December, 2006 (Last Edited: 08th October, 2011)