Latest Perfume Reviews

Notes by Robert Piguet

Despite its evident lack of originality this fragrance is surely daring and well appointed, perfect for a charming "clothed in white-linen suit" south-american business man, constantly rolling around for restaurants, meeting places, Grand Hotels and lounge bars. Robert Piguet Notes is a minty and balmy-floral chypre which, re-interpreting a quite successful aromatic formula, actually sounds as an indeal olfactory encounter between scents a la Faconnable by Faconnable, Ted Lapidus Black Soul, Krizia Spazio Uomo and Jacques Bogart Silver Scent (partially Bogart Pour Homme as well). Synthetic soapiness is quite under control (finally kind of talky, woody powdery and minty violet-veined), sweetness is at fair level (actually balanced by a kind of organic and simil-leathery "saltiness") and the spiciness is velvety and well calibrated. "Stuffs" like mint, musks, coriander, clary sage and lavender represent an aromatic and slightly (classically) barber-shop introduction ready to merge its fresh substance with a more soapy, floral, musky and exotic ambery (ambroxan)-tonkinian backbone. Bergamot/lavender and geranium provide an immediately classic (classically fougere) angular approach which turns out by soon in a minty-balmy intoxicating way characterized by neroli, exotic spices, "colonial" vetiver and balmy tonka. Vetiver is extremely classy, "minty-tropical" and alluring. The note of mint is daring, fascinating and "spacious" with all its own aromatic and intriguing spiciness conjuring me Krizia Spazio (and vaguely the classic Carlo Corinto and Carlo Corinto Silver) especially before that a soapy-tonkinian dry down starts embracing the elements in to a comforting musky embrace. Frankly I love the way in which Notes preserves its average sharpness despite its intriguing light balminess (substantially in a middle way between talkiness, powder and soapiness). A medium rating just for its lack of uniqueness despite on my skin this fragrance is the best interpretation of the aforementioned yet classic formula.
02nd August, 2015
yarn Show all reviews

Intense Pepper by Montale

Starts off with a realistic pepper hit and then quickly turns into Greyland by the same house

Only other minor difference is that there is a fraction more citrus running through this but other than that, it is Greyland
01st August, 2015

Calling All Angels by April Aromatics

I just received this in the mail, and although I've been sweating like a whore in church today, I decided to test it.

It is decidedly a fall/winter scent, as it is rich, luxurious, and enveloping. I feel as though I should be wearing a favorite cashmere sweater, sitting by a fire, with a hot Toddy in hand or mulled wine.

The Labdanum is powerful and delicious - and I know the scent well, as I have a 1/2 oz of the stuff (all brown and sticky) from Eden Botanicals and it is yummy! The frankincense is prettier than I had expected...lighter. The richness of the honey, amber, and opopanax is spiced with the incense in such a way that they never overwhelm. They simply dance with each other, and each comes forth to the front from time to time without causing much of a scene.

While I'm not quite sure which "precious woods" the accord imbibes, I feel as though I should now don a winter coat and scarf, and travel with my beloved on a moonlit walk through piney woods.

This bottle was purchased blindly, and I am so very happy I took the chance. Fall cannot arrive soon enough!
31st July, 2015

Vanille Intense by Nicolaï

I was ready for a (likely boring) blast of pure vanilla, but Nicolai’s Vanille Intense does contain way more than simple vanilla. Actually, if it wasn’t for the name, I would not have called this a “vanilla” scent at all. This seems to me more a sort of really pleasant, albeit sadly slightly cheap sort of neroli-bergamot-musky fragrance with some pepper-cumin, a whiff of herbal aniseed and quite a bold presence of orange-fruity notes, with also a really graceful smell of orange flowers. Not overly sweet overall – actually, barely sweet. There’s some sweetness but it is dry, austere, dusty, elegantly floral. Vanilla is there just to soften and sweeten the base notes, and it even almost disappears after a while. The drydown seems in fact mostly peppery-ambery still with a balsamic whiff of orange and herbs (with a persistent nuance of aniseed for me, which may be an aldehyde though). Kind of similar to the same concept of Fendi Theorema for women, just a bit louder and cheaper here, less heavy on cinnamon and heavier on both pepper, amber and orange-herbal notes.

Quite pleasant overall: a tart, refined, really aromatic fragrance, and for once it’s aromatic in a slightly unusual way – not many fragrances use orange notes this way. Vanille Intense kind of explores orange in some of its nuances – you get the leaves, the blossoms, the fruit. The rest – spices, amber, vanilla, some musk – just acts as a background enhancing the main notes. Sadly the quality doesn’t seem that high as regards of the materials (thus affecting the richness and the vibrancy of the notes), and despite you get a nice evolution and some really nice nuances, overall I find Vanille Intense a bit cheap – in the “flat/synthetic” meaning. You feel it could be way more sparkling and charming than this. I wished they had a bit more budget for it, as Vanille Intense had all the potential to be a really good fragrance. Anyway as-is it is still undoubtedly pleasant, warm, comforting and easy to wear, also with excellent projection and persistence... just a little overpriced for the quality for me.

6,5-7/10
30th July, 2015

Diorella by Christian Dior

I suppose Diorella is considered one of the paramount achievements of modern perfumery, from what I read. Although not uncommon, here in Asia it proved difficult to find, so I got a bottle when I traveled to Europe.

I like the current edition. A floral chypre, yes, with citrus and somewhat fruity. But much more than this of course. It is long lasting and changes course throughout its development.

It includes a kind of stale odour which can even be described as body odour (BO), and I have pondered that this might be due to an indolic jasmine, but I don't know of course. Thus the fragrance has an interesting combination of 'freshness' and 'staleness'. I actually prefer the current edition since I have also tried the vintage, but found it to be too 'stale'.

In my opinion it is completely unisex, it doesn't smell much feminine to me.
30th July, 2015

Paradis Perdu by Frapin

Frapin Paradise Perdu strikes me immedialtely for its initially elicited flashback evocative about the vintage Guerlain Vetiver. The extraordinary note of vetiver appears indeed by soon (but just for a few minutes) heady, spicy, "kind of tobacco veined", smooth and exotic before that a really rural-citric-cedary-agrestic (but still spicy-fluidy) power a la Terre d'Hermes takes the stage with its baggage of tartness, leafiness and earthiness. Vetiver is still central but appearing now richer, more musky-floral, woody and green. The greenness is extremely aromatic and clearly influenced by a remarkably temperamental basil's presence. Basil is in here central as citrus and vetiver. Hay reinforces the cedary feel while I suppose the presence of spinaches "nails down" the general earthiness (dark and mossy). I find this stage simply amazing and full of effectively realistic nuances of a sort of ideal georgic (almost fairy-silvan) hidden universe full of ancient trees, immaculate fresh streams, dark caves, musks and green meadows. The stroke of genius is represented by the note of vine which enhances the natural viney-metallic feel of vetiver. The aroma insists aromatic, vetiver-centered, sour (central mandarine and lime) and progressively more oily-resinous and spicy. If you are in the woodsy-agrestic-boise aromas you can't miss this little gem. Despite its rural nature this fragrance is really dignified and structured, somewhat elegant and sober. One of the wildest (earthy, virile, almost organic) but at same time finally (paradoxically) civilized (musky-mossy) vetivers around. A quite virile and distinguished fragrance really daring and perfect for all the seasons. Pure olfactory nostalgia for a disappeared natural dimension. Excellent masterwork by Amelie Bourgeois for Frapin.

Fleur de Portofino by Tom Ford

As I am writing this review, I am also testing this juice for the first time: Yes, this was a complete blind buy based solely on the notes, and my enjoyment of this collection.

Here are my impressions thus far:
I initially feel taken back to a distinct memory of many summer nights spent with friends (and the occasional arm candy) at Durham, NC's Duke Gardens. I grew up about 15 minutes from this amazing botanical delight, and while not a Duke fan, I greatly appreciate the beauty and splendor of such a space.

While the note nor accord is mentioned, my initial response was "this smells sorta like Wisteria on a hot summer's night with a slight breeze". This is a rare accomplishment, and no matter if anyone else smells it, I do, and I am grateful!

The citrus seems to play a fleetingly sheer role in the structure, but somehow find its way to wind around the senses. It's nice, and pleasing.

Now, a word on the honey...wow! This is quite remarkable! I rarely smell a honey accord that reaches this level of true honey perfection! And what I LOVE, is it is not screaming SUGAR! I sense the raw, thick, but not overly sweet composition of honey still on the comb. The honey is like a fine organza laying over a beautiful silk - it plays across in a shimmery and watery way.

Right now, it has been 2 hours since application. It is a light scent, and fits within this series seamlessly. I expect this to behave as a skin-scent on myself and perhaps others.

Light and peaceful are two words that spring to mind easily. I do like this quite a bit.

Adding the thoughts on longevity: WOW! It's 12+ hours later, and while it is most definitely a skin-scent, it remains!
Kaern Show all reviews

Santal Royal by Guerlain

The problem with Oud is that like Immortelle, when used in any appreciable amount it tends to dominate the whole fragrance. I was hoping that Guerlain would create a sandalwood to die for, matching the now long gone 'Sandalwood' by Floris. That fragrance used Mysore when it was relatively cheap and not subject to restrictions so I can't blame Guerlain entirely for this rendition. Marrying it with oud wasn't going to work for pure sandalwood lovers though.
'Oud Royal' would have been a better less misleading name imo.
The fragrance itself is lovely though -rich, resinous, fruity, long lasting and gloriously smooth.
Love the Black Bee bottle.

Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès

Voyage d'Hermes is an ethereal fragrance with an iridescent aura of clean crisp citrus, vetiver, bright cardamom, medicinal artemsia and light woods which create an ozonic cleansing air that exists far out at sea, when voyaging away from the density of civilization. This fragrance is the lightest option in a long line of fragrances by J.C. Ellena that all have a similar characteristic clean vetiver and cedar, birch or papyrus wood scents with a touch of bitters following clean tart citrus in the opening - fragrances such as Declaration, Declaration Essence, Terre d' Hermes, TdH Eau Fraiche, etc. Voyage d'Hermes is the lightest of these Ellena family of scents and many may not appreciate the light touch but it offers a definite presence that is a supporting, background role. I like a fragrance that doesn't scream and take over your space. This is the fragrance that you want to quietly hold you aloft by invisible wings that will let you take center stage with quiet support. Voyage d'Hermes is a great all purpose clean oceanic spritz of fresh air.

Poivre 23 by Le Labo

One of the nicest Le Labo fragrances I have ever tried. And basically the first pepper fragrance I’ve ever liked. Rich but simple, realistic, straightforward, clean but dark, bold and unique despite featuring some really common notes ( “the devil is in the details”...).Basically, as the name suggests, it is a peppery fragrance, but an extremely clever, balanced and pleasant one. Pepper is quite tricky in fragrances; some tend to be really loud (Villoresi’s Piper Nigrum), some cheap or screechy, some are just boringly, artificially “woody-peppery”, or sometimes they’re just a monotone pepper litany. Well, Poivre 23 isn’t any of that. It brilliantly manages to keep pepper as the central note, yet with some really pleasant and enjoyable nuances that give some colour, some evolution and some vibrancy to the scent – both “bright” and “dark” nuances (or better say, warm-sweet and cold-balsamic). The palette of “colours” of Poivre 23 is quite nondescript actually, it’s just a really vibrant and shimmering fragrance which doesn’t smell like pretty much anything else. I get a lot of “curry” smell, especially initially; some subtle vanillic amber, maybe even something greenish-floral and slightly resinous.

The evolution gets eventually drier, a bit muskier, earthier, still with a perfectly detectable warm-ambery labdanum note, at the same time slightly more balsamic and green (in a dark, “fougère-like” meaning). And with a really pleasant whiff of crisp laundry musk. It feels like a “pepper soliflore” with distant, light echoes of other fragrances – from Etro Ambra to Le Labo Labdanum to many musk-vanilla scents, to (obviously) pepper fragrances like the abovementioned, and inferior, Piper Nigrum, finally almost reaching some really classic green-floral Chanel or Laroche scents – not sure why but I thought of both vintage Laroche’s Fidji and Chanel’s Cristalle at some point. I am not saying I smell them here, rather that their faint green-musky chypresque ghosts lightly “float” around on the background thanks to some really well-put subtle nuances that seem to recall them. Probably one of the most “dynamic” scents I’ve smelled recently, brilliantly keeping it consistent around pepper and cumin. I can’t explain myself better – it’s just a really catchy, fascinating and refined pepper-resinous-green scent, unique and vibrant, extremely enjoyable to wear. And that’s it. Bravi!

28th July, 2015 (last edited: 29th July, 2015)

Cedre Atlas by Atelier Cologne

I gave this 3 stars. I cannot bemoan a fragrance for doing what it says, so anything less than 3 stars seems unkind.

This is not a cedar that will bring any surprises to your nose; it is fairly boring and a non-candidate for purchase, at least for me.

Silage is decent for an office scent, but I highly doubt many will enjoy the cedar, at least not in this structure.

I keep trying to like this house, but thus far, my experiences have been lacking in joy.

Very Sexy Attraction by Victoria's Secret

In this scent on me the first impression is that of sweet cherries, which later on turn into a more floral theme: I get lily and hints of orchids. All this is clearly synthetic, but not all bad; it is neither overwhelming nor totally cloying, and for those cherry-lovers looking for a spring scent it might be worth a try.

As das as the performance is concerned, I get moderate sillage, good projection and four hours of longevity. Overall in the middle range.

Fan di Fendi pour Homme by Fendi

I can't believe I forgot to write a review about that one. I did write one though, on the Croatian counterpart of Fragrantica, 13.06.2013. so I'll basically rewrite it here in English, however not in a complete detail.

So, Fendi huh? A bit retro in the initial wave, very spicy and in style quite close between Burberry London (minus boozy, port wine feel) and Moschino Forever. More emphasys on Moschino Forever.

Spices and leather notes are rather neatly combined and that makes Fendi smell quite refined. Can't say exactly when to wear it. It has some depth and weight so it can be worn during colder days, yet again it so uninvasive and sort of light at the same time so it's very wearable during warm periods. Warm and thick, however also gentle and mild, but not weak. Very urban, both formal and casual.

Too bad it's discontinued so soon along with flankers.

Originality 5/10
Scent 8/10
Longevity 8/10
Projection 7/10

Insurrection II Pure by Reyane

100% 10/10 all the way!......
Forget about the so called "hype train" this scent is a standalone fragrance thats extremely high end niche in not only scent but presentation! Its almost a crime to only spend £33.95 shipped for this frag...
Yes it is reminiscent of AVENTUS* but even better it actually reminds me and does smell of Amouage reflection man...I'd say 95% aventus & 5% reflection man, which is an amazing thing.
Its fresh,zesty,deep,fruity.....first blast you get immediately the Aventus pineapple,and its very well done,then a powdery floral which is so reminiscent of Amouage reflection man,infact its identical(i owned a 100ml of that scent)
If youre looking for an identical Aventus copy this isnt quite it,,,95% yes but that 5% makes a world of difference,its definetly in the aventus ballpark and people will say" thats like aventus,"or "is that aventus"...but to my mind,its even better because it does have its own swag & style....Amouge being a niche house and very expensive and this scent nails(whether that was their intentions)reflection man...
I cant say enough good things about it....Just dont compare it to Aventus directly...as i feel negatives will follow and youll be ignoring and overlooking what a great scent this is..
I'd pay double the price for this and have no reservations!..
Will update once its dried down later as ive only just received through post...
I was lucky getting this off ebay(the sellers brother lives in NYC and ships the guy these over)if thats true or not,thats what i was told and this is genuine stock...
Ive not seen it sold anywhere else at the moment in the UK...
As i type,the dry down is softening and the pineapple has lessened !...Do not buy if wanting 100% aventus,but 100% purchase for a similar scent thats so well blended,niche quality,different and a very welcome surprise!

Fahrenheit Parfum by Christian Dior

Salutation.

A perfume for men with timeless sophisticated elegance.the very scent of defiance,for the most contemporary of rebels with a warm yet striking oriental spicy fragrance.it is not a masterpiece but really laudable and great.akin to a man living intense passionate moments FAHRENHEIT LE PARFUM announces itself as a sizzling oriental,masculine fragrance. Highly Magnetic,Magnetically Passionate, passionately Delicious,Deliciously Intoxicating.

After a elegant getaway of Sicilian mandarin,licorice and suede,the sense are captivated by a smooth, masculine heart note of violet leaf,rum and coriander while deep and sweet vanilla,leaving behind it a sensual,powerfully masculine scent of oriental seduction.the scent is for the confident and redined man.it is not as strong as original but just enough. great for a dinner party and suitable for cold weather.in conclusion I still prefer the original.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10

Candy Aoud by Roja Dove

Like Sweetie Aoud, the opening of Candy Aoud bridges the sickening with the fascinating; you get something that resembles a mouthful of gummi bears crossed with soapy florals. Also like Sweetie Aoud, this scent ditches the sugary namesake in under a minute and ploughs headlong into stemmy floral territories countered by something that borders on vegetal. There’s a outlying citrus note thats mixed with oak moss to produce a shadow of a chypre that builds as the sweeter notes fade. After thirty minutes, you’re left with a fairly uninspiring mush of ideas with a prominent rose jutting out against what smells to me to be a kind of tobacco leaf. This really isn’t a scent about candy, and it’s certainly not about oud. But the main problem I have with it is that it doesn’t seem to know what it trying to accomplish. It’s kind of an insipid, pointless leafy affair that, while not awful, contributes surprisingly little.

Fruity Aoud by Roja Dove

So, the gimmick with this tutti-frutti trio seems to be that the top notes reflect the first part of the name, but they burn off fast leaving only a slither of the namesake behind. This one is indeed fruity and the fruit accord is predominantly berries but with the faint tropical spin of grapefruit and strawberries. I actually do detect something oud-like in this one (a tad barnyard and a bit cheesy), but it’s dialed way back in the mix. However, when placed next to the berry leaf (a note that naturally runs a bit pissy), there’s a subtle suggestion of a restroom. Ordinarily, a fruity melange over restroom-ish notes is bound to smell like air freshener, but Fruity Aoud navigates that trap reasonably well by creating a decent tension between pleasant / unpleasant. With that said, it’s a bit of a garish scent in the vein of Bond No.9, but no more garish than anything else the line has put out.

Sweetie Aoud by Roja Dove

The name’s deceptive as there’s nothing oud-ish here, and the sweetness — while overpowering at the start — burns off within minutes to reveal a bread-like accord that quickly (and I mean quickly) gives way to an earthy patchouli and cardamom. This movement takes place in under five minutes, and so I’d be more inclined to refer to this scent as patchouli-dominant with a pastry undertone. The opening blast reflects the usual Roja cavalcade of ostentation, and the pastry that follows is pitched somewhere between brown sugar, bread, and a fried donut. Jeux de Peau is the closest analog at this stage, but the Lutens is more reserved and tasteful whereas the Dove keeps the gaudiness of the opening in sight. But the point that Sweetie Aoud settles at — an herbalized earthy patchouli with just a touch of donuty sweetness — isn’t as hideous as the name would suggest or as vulgar as this line can get. The asking price, however, is as hideous as the name, but I think we’ve come to expect that from these guys now. Better than expected, but the bottom line is that it’s working with themes that have been done better elsewhere.

Declaration L'Eau by Cartier

Salutation.

DECLARATION L'EAU reveals a lighter,fresher form of seduction.subtle and dynamic,the fragrance reinterprets the territory of “fresh aromatics” and transports DECLARATION L]EAU in a world of modernity and freshness.Brightness,intensity,light glares, dazzle,perfection,attention to details,elegance are expressed through this fragrance.in other words: Bitter,Citrusy,Chic,Masculine,Vibrant and Versatile.

Fresh,citrus top notes of grapefruit are brightened with pink pepper.the dry down expands into the warm, elegant sensuality of energetic cedar,softened by musk and radiating self-assured masculinity.this compositions fresh yet spicy,with a aromatic facet to fit a relaxed,yet sopshiticated lifestyle. the aroma is uplifting and will definitely,get a positive reaction from others.Suitable for Everyday/ Office wear.

Sillage?Surprisingly nice for a aquatic.

Longevity?+5 hours on my skin.

mavmanc Show all reviews

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

This is quite unsophisticated stuff, but it does a good job

That job is making summer feel a fraction more summery. Only a fraction mind, but any incremental step towards hot days and cooling scent joy is worth a trip.

I can't ever remember being complimented on it and I feel as if it's a precursor to better cooling scents. Like it's trying to take my virginity but I'm okay with just flirting for now.

Try it. If you like it prepare to move on and thank it for starting you on a path.

Or just where it for the office on hot days for as long as you like.

Touch for Men by Burberry

Just THE most feminine fragrance ever to be named, "For Men." More like a teenage girlish perfume. Nice bottle, though, I guess. HATE IT!

Nirmala by Molinard

This is a review of the Nirmala EDT that I recently purchased in the Molinard shop located in Nice.

Nirmala opens with a splash of grapefruit and quickly transitions to a tropical fruit explosion with a strange chloride note. Sometimes the bleach morphs into cumin, making this fruity floral a slightly sweaty affair. What is interesting about Nirmala is that it smells like it is pretending to be fruity patchouli. I compared it to Angel and discovered that the 1992 classic had more green patchouli and not as much sweat as the 1955 classic. So we have bleach plus cumin plus super obnoxious fruit plus a jasmine note that I’m not very pumped about plus some creepy “pretend” patchouli. I should hate this. I should be scrubbing it off right now, but I’m not. Nose meet arm. Nose meet arm again. And again.

My only complaint is that the performance isn’t that great, but maybe the EDP delivers?

Fans of contemporary fruity patchouli fragrances should check out Nirmala—this could be your classic!

Santal Royal by Guerlain

A modern classic. Nostalgia about the great velvety french/italian chypre. Guerlain Santal Royal is an amazing resinous-fruity/floral sandalwood's rendition straight from this glorious french maison still preserving nowadays its "Grandeur" despite the new "financial" management. A modern sandalwood's rendition really far from the classic straightforward woody "saltals" around. Santal Royal strikes soon for its balmy-musky (almost lipstick)- floral contemporary sophistication running a really delicious woody rendition which is anyway at once "soaked" of classicism. Is like the hyper modern floral-musky-resinous recipes from Francis Kurkdjian or Laurent Bruyere meet the more traditional chypre french/italian school. In here woodiness is never gassy or plastic-cedary but more properly darkly resinous, rosey, specifically balmy and softly leathery. Rose is heady by soon and provides a classic twist of victorian western diaphane classicism paired to a mystic coexistent oriental (leathery-resinous) wake extremely balmy-floral and vaguely fruity (simil-berrish). Jasmine grows up gradually and royal. There is a wonderful balanced contrast between oriental mystery (from candied delicious oudh, never bitter or medicinal) and the luminous floral notes of rose and jasmine (as joined by light spices and secret fruity patterns). I detect something lacteous, waxy and musky-plummy-floral in the resinous mix, a touch of amber and incense, overall in a combination vaguely conjuring me the resinous Armani Onde Mystere's musky-rosey accord (the latter anyway lighter, earthier and more fluidy). It seems to catch in the air (as olfactory undertone) a minimal touch of earthiness, hints of hesperides, ghostly aldehydes, a touch of "barber-shop" and a final tad of classically rendered oakmoss (I get indeed vague elements in common with classic masterworks from V&A, Fendi, Estee Lauder or Versace while even modern chypre renditions as Tom Ford Arabian Wood jump vaguely on mind for several of their modernly classic hallmarks). The note of oudh, yet synthetic, is fantastically rendered (always creamy-musky and spicy). The orange-cinnamon accord (intense, kind of berrish and penetrating) reinforces the almost edible widespread fruitiness and the general voluptuousness of the creation. Leather rises up gradually and softly (it seems soft and silky-velvety leather-suede more than classically stout or animalic leather), graciously complementing balmy sandalwood and exalting floral notes and subtle plummines (peaches, plums, apricots??). The deliciously balmy dry down is pure orangy-plummy resinous bliss. Velvety mystic deliciousness from Guerlain.

P.S: at the very end of the run the Santal Royal's agarwood starts to be kind of "volatile and molecular", something rare, rosey, spicy and light a la Heeley Agarwood or Maria Lux Deeply (but in a less gourmandish way), still with this intense orangy-peachy fruitiness which is anyway never fleshy but basically dry and airy.

P.S 2: finally sandalwood turns out more evident and ordinary but still soft, fruity and vaguely leathery.
27th July, 2015 (last edited: 28th July, 2015)

Fakhrul Arab by Haramain

Salutation.

Arabian perfumes are so respectable for me,full of precious ingredient,full of strong personality,full of mytesrious majesty and full of natural charmer just like this one.this is a classic mixture of intense and intoxicating notes to create an opulent and deeply masculine fragrance. Mature,Woody,Heavy, Sultry,Sophisticated,Exquisite,Deep,Arabic,Spicy, Gorgeous,Confident and Very Oriental.

This blend of strength and serenity is introduced
the unusual accents of an opulent saffron,accompanied by floral notes.the deep vibrant base notes of oud resonate with sensual amber echoes enriched by vanilla and sandalwood,creating a mystical and voluptuous wake in the best traditions of the legendary perfumes of arabia.perfect when you wear in the autumn/winter evening in a special occasion.

Sillage?Excellent.

Longevity?Remarkable on my skin.

7.25/10

27th July, 2015 (last edited: 28th July, 2015)

Tourmaline by Drift

I really like this. It has a very smokey vetiver note and the ylang ylang is gorgeous. Good quality and I keep this at my desk at work as a little pick me upper during the day. Sadly, I am not sure if they are around anymore as their website is down? I bought the 5ml mini from the miniperfumehouse shop.

Nicole by Nicole Richie

I like this, but just like. I wanted to love this more. Nicole is my #1 style icon and I expected something a little more unique from her. Its ok and I will finish the bottle. It's just not what I envisioned from her. It didn't smell expensive, but at the same time was pleasant. Like it, don't love.

Voyageur by Jean Patou

The vessel that Voyageur comes in gives a misleading image of the juice inside.
The aquatic calone-lavender-citrus theme is there of course, but cantaloupe melon and a thin washed out pimento note, supported by a woody accord steers this journey towards a beach side taverna and not the high seas.

Sandal Mysore helps to offset the harsh side of the calone aquatic formula as it adds a welcome balsamic-tobacco sweetness.
Honey and mint nuances add further weight to the gourmand sub theme.

By three hours it feels like everything has been drenched by an enormous wave that crashed on the sea front leaving behind salted bitter plums.

Later you can smell a bit of amber floating about.

As a Cool Water clone Voyageur is obviously not new but an improvement on the original?
In my opinion yes. Cool Water is simply the point of departure for this voyage.

****

Sandalo by Santa Maria Novella

I really like this Sandal very much the beginning to mid way this smells of the Original Chandrika Soap with a touch of Tam Dao. Then from the middle to the dry down it smells just like Minorien Fu-In Sandalwood Incense exactly like it! So if you love those two scents in that soap and Japanese Fu-In Sandalwood I would definitely get this. It itches that incense scratch :-)

Angéliques Sous La Pluie by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I find this to be a good, if rather restrained scent. I had to apply more than usual in order to get a distinct impression of it. Dry, flinty, peppery spice. Nutty coriander and also a hint of cumin. Woody, very low-key. Hint of a mineral note -- presumably the scent after a rain.
Doesn't make a big impression on me but there is nothing wrong with it.

Musc Ravageur by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle

I love oriental, vanilla, and spice fragrances. However, I put off testing this because I thought it may be too masculine (even though it is listed for both male and female).

I love this! It is warm without being sugary sweet, and the cinnamon is fairly potent on me. It has a similar feel to Hermessence Ambre Narguile but without the strong gourmand presence.