Fragrance Reviews from October 2009

choombak's avatar

India India

Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

This is amazing stuff. I applied one spritz to my arm, and it stays there with its base notes reminding me now and again of its presence. Very pleasant base notes, and very different. The top seems flowery to me -- wild flowers which lasts for about an hour before the cedarwood makes its appearance. The drydown is simply amazing.

Very different from the original Kouros, which was "cloves thrown all over my body".

soirdelune's avatar

Jitterbug by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

I find Jitterbug a muddy, muddly mess. And its so-called 'vintage' properties translate, to my nose, as 'off'. Maybe it *is*off? A sort of caramelised topote and then a fudgy middle that offers no distinguishable notes or progression. Its only redeeming part is its pleasant drydown, which evokes whispers of -- dare I say it -- Tabac Blond. Otherwise, it's a thumbs down from me.

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

1000 by Jean Patou

I am blown away by this perfume. I have tested this many times before but always at duty free on one of my countless trips through airports . This is the first time I have sat down, non hassled - one to one with this beauty . Angelica ! Violet ! Bergamot ! Yummy !

Most of those notes are my favorites and trust me to find a new love ,just one day before I travel. It opens intense ,green and cool ,yet bright and sparkly that soon mellows out to the jasmine- rose - violet combo , the patchouli comes through a little and just the tiniest bit of skank .
    Refined elegance ,luxurious like fine silk - it's wonderful .

Balvon's avatar

Lithuania Lithuania

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

Fahrenheit is the most sensual fragrance I have yet to encounter. It's very complex combination of extreme highs with woodsy lows. It fades to a sultry, seductive scent. If you're looking to get lucky, wear this scent.

Balvon's avatar

Lithuania Lithuania

Encens Flamboyant by Annick Goutal

Annick Goutal Encens Flamboyant

Very warm, sexy. It's a good unisex fragrance.

sanfilippo207's avatar

360 Degrees White For Men by Perry Ellis

What can I say, smells just like Le Male, last long time, and it's cheaper..................
    EXCELLENT CHOICE!!!!!!!! You can get a 4 pcs gift set online for about $30-$40 bucks........... GET IT!

sanfilippo207's avatar

360 Degrees Black For Men by Perry Ellis

This smells FANTASTIC! great for winter or
    at night on a date or somthing like that. I think all Perry Ellis 360 line are very good
    and last long for the price, I don't about you but I hate when I spend good money on a EDT and It does'nt last long..........
    I feal like i've been ripped off! example....
    YSL L' Homme!!! smells great, but very expensive and does'nt last! what a croc!
    But Perry Ellis although cheaper smell Great! and............................LAST!!!!

Jack's avatar

Chez Bond by Bond No. 9

If you like GIT but hate that it smells like cool water this is for you. I agree this smells like GIT but it lacks the “aqua” note. This and Riverside drive are my favorite bonds.

09 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 15 October, 2009)

Axe Phoenix / Lynx Phoenix by Axe / Lynx

All of the Axe / Lynx body sprays are just so common and vulgar.

Vetiver by Guerlain

Bitter and nasty! I like vetiver but this one is all wrong.

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon by Comme des Garçons

From the reviews not everyone is in love with Avignon but I am. I'm not catholic so I don't have any idea what the church incense smells like but I do enjoy incense. When I first tried Avignon I thought of "Interview with the vampire" and I was hooked. I don't find it to be a depressive fragrance but rather I feel very warm and safe wearing it but I see where it would not be everybodies cup of tea.

Agua Brava by Antonio Puig

Yeah i love this one too very woody herbs love it !

just wish it had more staying power and i wish it was more readily available in shops its very hard to track down in uk !

Baby Blue Jeans by Versace

A very nice complex scent with citrus and bergamot top notes - love this one had it when i was 18 -I still wear this one both day and night

lovely lovely scent much better than blue jeans i think

Black Jeans by Versace

This really does remind me of fahrenheit 1 I love this scent its very masculine and lasts for ages the sillage is good as is the bottle design . I always get noticed when im out wearing this shame its discontinued

Blue Jeans by Versace

its too sweet and powerful for me. i cant even wear it for long, because i start to get annoyed by it. it smells cheap, and too complex. I can take small wafts of it, maybe if someone else is wearing it, but its not exactly the nicest out there. Too pungent, and very offensive. smell kind of like Vanilla Cola.or vanilla candles (cheap ones)

baby blue is much better!

Chrome by Azzaro

love this scent and its another compliment getter ! very clean smells very fresh as well - i believe this is the makers signature scent . its definately modern and i like that its one of my favourites

English Blazer by Parfums Bleu

I only bought this reading the reviews posted - i find its a mature mans scent im 27 its definately not my thing and i wouldnt wear it going out as it smells like something your grandad would wear - im not knocking the scent i like it it would just be silly me wearing it

Fahrenheit by Christian Dior

I love this scent very strong and lasts for ages ! dont buy the a/s lotion it doesnt last always invest in the edt !

definately evening wear

its unmistakable its fahrenheit...............

Green Jeans by Versace

I love this one ! very natural smell as in not synthetic and the sillage and fragrance has staying power - well at least for me .

I wear this during the day and at work - my female boss loves it when i wear this one

The accords in this are amoung the best out there (for a pine scent). It is definately different and one that will be in my collection forever (I bought 25 bottles while in the USA). I can not say that about alot of scents, but this one, to me, is that good.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED -shame its discontinued :(

Visit by Azzaro

Excellent fragrance - i dont think it smells synthetic at all i found it very masculine and i could smell geranium which i love and i thought it lasted for a while

very impressed

Baldessarini by Baldessarini

Well I love this fragrance ! very masculine and I can really smell the bitter orange coming through this one ! unfortunately the scent doesnt last , but a very good scent nonetheless. I use the shower gel and the deo body spray to help 'layer' the scent and it works ! i get a few extra hours from it!

love it!

Versus Time for Action by Versace

Well I thought i would like this one but was very dissapointed as i felt it smelt of urine - first time a scents smelt bad on me really didnt like it at all . The only action i had time for was a hot shower to get rid of the awful smell!

Equity for Men by Yardley

I could only get a hold of sample vials so i tried it and was VERY impressed ! Its a very sophisticated aftershave -it smells like it should be expensive! theres a real lemon zest from this mixed with herbs of some sort i really love this . I contacted yardley so i could buy a full size bottle only to be told its discontinued!

i can only get a hold of samle sizes !

try it see what you think

Joop! Jump by Joop!

to me this smells of parma violets - after the drydown it smells better , i like this one but i wouldnt wear it anywhere other than work because i feel it smells to generic so it wont be noticed when ur out because everyone smells the same !

Lotto Man by Lotto

smells very 'sporty' and seems promising at the beginning .unfortunately the smell gets worse and it does smell rather cheap and the scent reminds me of someone sweating whilst wearing lynx body deo spray. when i smell it i always think the smells masking something but you can still smell the bad smell coming through

a definate no from me

Silver Black / Onyx by Azzaro

I felt this smelt quite cheap and was dissapointed with this one im afraid definately not buying this one again.

i felt it was for an older gentlemen to me it didnt smell clean i actually felt uncomfortable wearing it as if i needed to shower !

definate no from me peeps !

Carbon by Next

Very fresh smell and very similar to Dior Homme sport - I love this one - I own both the aftershave and the EDT - they do smell different and i cant decide which one i like the best - good sillage and reasonable staying power

i really like this one

Pure Platinum by Next

Good silliage I use this for work , smells very synthetic almost caustic if sprayed too much . Its fairly cheap scent dies after a few hours but it helps wake me up in the morning

Azzaro Now Men by Azzaro

I bought this blind on ebay and now i wear it everywhere ! such a clean smell albeit synthetic- love the bottle shape and very easy to wear

i really love this one and i always get compliments when i wear this one!

Infusion d'Homme by Prada

Well i bought this as a gift for a friend who liked expensive things - i smelt it and loved the soapy smell - i kept it and began wearing it . im not a floral fan especially on a guy but i have to say this truly is a lovely fragrance you can smell the neroli straight away and you do feel really clean wearing this one so a definate thumbs up from me !

09 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 02 March, 2010)