Fragrance Reviews from October 2010

Ratfink's avatar

My Insolence by Guerlain

Smells like really strong and fruity herbal tablets; I’ve smelt worse, but it’s just a bit bizarre. After several hours it dries down to a slightly too sweet Insolence-type scent. Not exactly a Guerlain classic.

Weimar27's avatar

Must de Cartier by Cartier

A more refined and more introverted sister to the extroverted Opium, if opium is the party girl and libertine who hunts night clubs get down and dirty on the dance floor hot and sexy Cartier is an Ice queen
    of all orientals with it's clinical elegance of green notes and orris makes
    it cooler and more reserved then opium,
    She frequents high end restaurants where
    her sexuality is more in hidden codes
    like a slip of a note with black ribbon
    embroidered on the edge to bring him into her room at an luxurious hotel suite making love all night Cartier uses
    a more subtle approach to seduction then
    the fire of opium.

It opens cold with aldehyde i also can
    detect cool wet green notes then dries
    warm with spicy carnation and musk makes
    it almost an masculine feel to the skin
    orris root adds to the earthiness of Cartier jasmine starts to steep through
    the senses the velvety note of rose is
    prominent and yet elusive dries the middle part of the fragrance.

The drydown is warm and leathery like
    soft supple with civet to make it an
    animalistic exotica then dries to an
    fiery and dry sandalwood and grounded
    tonka bean amber sweetens the base and dries with vanilla.

If Opium is the Fire Must de Cartier is
    the Ice.

Weimar27's avatar

Subtil by Salvatore Ferragamo

Ferragamo's Parfum Subtil smells almost simular to Lancome's miracle but parfum
    Subtil opens with the spiciness of
    tulips a flirty blast of red cherries
    the last top note is delectable fruits
    the drydown has a musky vanilla undertones miracle has more of a mixture
    of peony and orangy undertones.
    it's a bit powdery but not overwelminly so the perfume ends with vanilla
    like a cherry shortcake Delecious!.

domperrier's avatar

Malaysia Malaysia

Poême by Lancôme

Cloying, synthetically sweet-smelling. With a longevity that matches that of original Poison.

Mellows to a wet-towel scent after 15 hours.

But it's ability to lift spirits means it avoids a thumbs down in my books

fugazi's avatar

Cuir de Russie by Creed

This is a deadly serious leather scent. The most austere and non-forgiving of all CREED scents. A nice compliment to their other leather scent, Royal English Leather.

Cuir de Russie bolts out of the gate at "11". Then begins its countdown to "1" after a shorter then expected time. I get about 3 hours longevity out of this. The punch it delivers up front due to the citrus steps back about an hour in to reveal a peppery-leather heart. The birch-tar base gives it a petro aura. This is crafted much better then Royal English Leather, with more complexity and character.

I can't imagine a more "manly" fragrance. If I were going to a bachelor party and wanted to make it known that I am bar none the biggest swingin' d*ck in the room, I would wear this. If I were spending a weekend on a horse-farm in cold, rainy weather, I would wear this.

This is the Radiohead of fragrance. Radiohead is possibly the greatest living band, but most days you aren't in the mood to listen to their downer tunes. However, when the mood is right... when feeling pensive, serious, or moody, they satisfy like no other. Same with Cuir de Russie.

CdR reminds me of Daniel Day Lewis in the movie "There Will Be Blood". A mean bastard, but also the most powerful and commands respect and attention. Unapologetic and opportunistic. (probably not a coincidence that Radiohead did the soundtrack for this movie)

I was lucky (and crazy) enough to take half a flacon off of a fellow basenoter's hands (for a pretty penny). Money well spent. This is a rare and discontinued fragrance that I respect and enjoy very much...

... when the mood is right. :-)

hollycat's avatar

Eau d'Elide by Diptyque

I totally agree with Ipaidforthisname. This perfume DOES smell like an orange creamsicle to me. I get no musk at all, all I can smell is a creamy sweet orange smell, some vanilla, and if I really try I can smell the lavender. But all in all, it smells like an orange creamsicle.

Kate Spade Beauty by Kate Spade

Absolutely love this bouquet of white flowers! Considering the reviews it apparently depends a lot to your chemistry. On me it has a fresh gardenia start and develops into deeper tones, more a heavy rose than honeysuckle though. Unfortunately it never lasted very long. I wear this to parties and stand out with this fresh floral when most people wear heavy musk and woody scents.

La Perla by La Perla

This is the only perfume which I have bought for the third time now. Because of its woodiness, for me this is a winter-perfume. Over time I've collected the bath foam, body lotion and the refillable miniature spray. I have worn this since I started working and never ever considered it too sexy for the office, though I did use the body lotion for day and added EdP for the evening (nowadays I just adjust the dose).

Laura Ashley No. 1 (original) by Laura Ashley

Used to own this in the nineties and absolutely loved it. Floral, feminine and fresh.
    Recently I found a bottle on my mom's dressing table and now finish it. Used to last forever, now it's only the fres and floral top notes that stay for half a day. The scent has not changed though. The body lotion did change and has become quite sharp, not so nice.

Jovan White Musk for Men by Jovan

stevolution is right - this has a peach-like aroma to it, or like peaches and berries. I suppose that's the apple and melon interacting. It certainly is fruity, but that's what I smell. Otherwise a very clean, fresh, soapy musk. Good for warmer weather and day wear, longevity is below average for me, though - Jovan White Musk for Men stays close to the skin. Imparts a pleasant aroma nonetheless.

Tough to find nowadays, but I have seen it at some drugstores. Cheap if you can find it.

20th October, 2010 (Last Edited: 22 December, 2010)

Monsieur de Givenchy by Givenchy

Monsieur de Givenchy is an absolutely beautiful classic citrus chypre, basically a cross between Chanel Pour Monsieur and Eau Sauvage. Very clean and formal. The florals/verbena just add to the beauty....I've had a little bottle of this since I was a child, via my mother. One of my favorite citrus scents. The original bottle I had that was labeled "Haute Concentration" had decent longevity. Yes, there is a tiny dollop of Civet in the base, however it's barely noticeable and not unpleasant.

The current formulation in the tall bottle ("Mythiques" version) is pretty faithful to the original - it's actually a bit longer lasting, from what I've observed. Regardless, if you're a fan of citrus fragrances, then you need to try Monsieur de Givenchy. I think it's one of the best citrus scents ever, and I'd take it over Eau Sauvage any day.

20th October, 2010 (Last Edited: 10th May, 2011)

Tourbillion's avatar

Floramye by Piver

My review is for vintage juice, but I am not sure how old. I don't have any of the new stuff to compare to. I have read in the blog-sphere that the perfumer is Pierre Armigeant (1874-1955) who also created Azurea. I haven't tracked down Azurea yet, but I do have a few other vintage and new Piver's to get around to.

My experience is different from the other reviewer who evidently had new stock to review. The first initial blast is of aldehyde that reminds me of Aquanet. In other words, not pleasant unless you are the nostalgic sort. However another close sniff reveals something that is probably pettitgrain. I get a light hint of what might be civet, or might just be a bit of rancid oil, it is hard to tell. Actually the note reminds me a little bit of my vintage sample of Djedi, which is supposedly "green" and "civet" but neither perfume are at all green to my nose, not even herbal, although I don't have any problems detecting these notes in other perfumes.

The floral middle notes are mostly gone in this sample that I have, so I can only comment on the drydown which is similar to merry.water's review. It is indeed floral and a bit waxy and powdery. I detect a bit of citrus in the drydown too, but that may be from the aldehydes.

I can't say that I recommend the vintage perfume to wear, but it is interesting to sample. I am giving this scent a thumbs up rating, but it is a rather weak one based on my vintage sample.

Tourbillion's avatar

Esperys by Piver

I have a vintage sample of Esperys EDT by Piver, although I am not sure of the date of manufacture. I have done some online research and have discovered that the perfumer is husband of Piver heiress Berta Piver, M. Jacques Rouché along with chemist Georges Darzens.

Jacques Rouché besides being the head of Piver, and the creator of several perfumes was also the director and major donor to the legendary Paris Opera in the early 20th century. He was also elected to the Legion of Honor at the young age of 27 according to French Wikipedia. Quite impressive!

Now on to the perfume. It is surprisingly soft and lovely, especially after my experience with Floramye. I can tell that there are perfectly proportioned aldehydes, it "sparkles." Overall, it is a powdery aldehydic floral. The main floral note seems to be heliotrope (well, there is some rose too), which seems to be a favorite of Piver since it also figures prominently in Heliotrope Blanc and Reve D'Or. This scent is not as sweet as Heliotrope Blanc, it doesn't have the vanilla and almond notes. The jasmine and ylang ylang are also missing or else greatly reduced in this scent. The rather more sophisticated base of Esperys is Orris and a bit of Sandalwood.

It is really beautiful perfume, feminine and delicate just like the lovely Edwardian "Gibson Girls" that it originally adorned. It is really a shame that it is discontinued.

Deauville pour Homme by Michel Germain

All the reviews so far are very on-point is describing this scent. I say Swanky's review is 110%. I got the Arpege link as well. I wasn't going to review this but I just tried the new Bulgari Man and it is a rip off of this, though the Bulgari is A LOT smoother. The Bulgari got a neutral rating, so does this. The combo might work well in cool to cold weather maybe, but in hot weather it was simply too much. It also is not lovable for me, just 'OK'.

Bulgari Man by Bulgari

A let down. Smells a lot like Michel Germain's Deauville pour homme which can be had for next to nothing if you know where to look. Now Bulgari Man is more quality smelling with its restrained notes, and I swear there is a tea note in the begining. Either way nothing to write home about. I would concur that it smells like Bulgari Soir and Bulgari Blue with some violet leaf dominating. I would also agree with the toned down Narciso Rodriguez comparison. But NR is a king while this is a mere faint shadow of an impostor of the king's portrait. Bulgari, this is a thumbs neutral, only beciase it is at least somewhat different thant the laundry sweet crap that other are putting out there. And very nice bottle too.

The One Gentleman by Dolce & Gabbana

I finally found a functional tester. I get a lot of vanilla, especially as it dries. As far as a flanker is concerned, it does live up to the 'The One' name. I compare The One to Versace's Blue Jeans, VBJ is super strong though. TOG is another take on the VBJ theme, but the vanilla really predominates. Still very oriental too. Overall, I would say this is well done. But, we don't need another oriental for sure, especailly one that is similar to other orientals and does not stick out. So neutral it is, the best possible neutral.

21st October, 2010 (Last Edited: 22 October, 2010)

Worth1969's avatar

Gucci pour Homme by Gucci

Given that the fragrance is so unique, it's bound to raise a few feathers, and perhaps some negative reactions. I, however, marvel at its richness, its originality and charm.
    The gentleman who compared this to a warm fireplace was spot on.
    This is magic on the skin and so far the opposite persuasion has reacted most favorably! I avoid most of the modern Gucci offerings, but I am glad I gave this one a try. Two thumbs way up!

Swanky's avatar

Curve for Men by Liz Claiborne

Yet another scion of Eternity For Men and Cool Water. Do we really need another one? I can't understand why this is so popular. True, it projects better than Pleasures For Men and Eternity For Men, but only by degrees. It seems to be very linear and after 30 minutes I'm ready for something else.

The comments that some older gentlemen sport this also leave me baffled. I can almost see the 14-year-old boy who wants to fit in wearing this liquified Red Vines and Fresca amalgam. Among young males, at least in California, this stuff is ineluctable. But for the mature gentleman (or adventurous youngster) who presumably is less concerned with peer pressure, the choice of Curve For Men puzzles me. There are so many choices, expensive and affordable, that are superior. I recently wore this for the very first time and immediately recognized it as the cloudburst perambulating over every mall video arcade and high school parking lot. It is very sweet, very synthetic, and frankly not all that pleasurable. Try Eternity or Pleasures for a similar, less candied, aroma.

Swanky's avatar

Unforgivable by Sean John

At least the bottle is pretty cool...

I'm not a Sean Combs hater, nor a fan so his persona neither helps nor hurts this fragrance in my opinion. The juice however lives up to its name (at least it's not called "Unforgettable), although I think the name's as lame as the scent.

What scent? Carbonated Gatorade for two hours, then nothing. Gotta give Diddy credit - he's a marketing whiz if he's convinced people to buy this olfactory mirage at the prices for which it sells. I had actually hoped this would be pretty good because I like the black bottle but alas...

Bleu de Chanel by Chanel

Sacre Bleu!

Chanel is my favorite designer house. I wish people wouldn't give Jacques so much sh*t after all the wonderful things he's created - yes, this is an average woody/fresh cologne (that on my skin smells like coffee and steak....no seriously), but you can't expect the world of a perfumer, even if all of their creations are "perfect". That's how you learn in this world, by having a few stinkers....

Bottom line: This stinks on my skin. It smells like musty coffee and steak, as I said above. The longevity and sillage are average. It just doesn't "fit" Chanel's image or looks, though. But hey, Chanel is a wonderful house with dozens of other wonderful fragrances to offer! Better days and fragrances are ahead.....

Zoso777's avatar

Brazil Brazil

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

Yes,like said,love it or hate it! I hated this all the times I tested due to the strong initial scent of candy. This time I gave it a try to settle down for about 15 minutes and I loved! Nice patchouli, incense,smoky. I'd love to smell more patchouli by the end but stll a gret scen in my opinion. Do yourself a favor, don't blind buy it and don't judge by it's top notes!

Gilgamesh2003's avatar

St James Collection by Taylor of Old Bond Street

Here is Taylor of Old Bon Street's description:

"A fresh masculine fougere opening with bergamot and mandarin intertwined with citrus ozone notes supported by a fruity floral heart resting on a woody amber base. Contains Coriander oil, Geranium oil, Lavandin Grosso, Lemon oil, Patchouli oil, Pine oil and Spearmint oil."

This sounds excellent, but the reality disappoints. I'm not sure if I would call this a fougere since there's nothing remotely fernlike or even plantlike in it. I can detect the lemon oil, the patchouli and the spearmint. In the drydown I get a whiff of the amber. The fruity florals are indistinct and aquatic, like Cool Water without the faintly herbal bite. It nods to Taylor's hairdressing heritage with some subtle notes of barbershop soapiness.

This is very, very sweet and light and utterly mediocre. Smells like a pleasant mass-market deodorant. Longevity and sillage were very poor for me. The juice is a bright electric blue and the bottle is quite beautiful and traditional (as Badir said above it's a shaker).

It's inexpensive, but if you want an inexpensive traditional English cologne you might as well get one of the spectacular scents from Geo. F. Trumper. This couldn't possibly offend anyone, but I don't know why anyone would buy it in the first place.

FruitDiet's avatar

Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills

The final task in my quest to have all the 80's powerhouses in regular rotation- I already had Poison, Opium, Obsession, and Kouros- was to conquer Giorgio. Giorgio appealed to me only because of its reputation as the loudest perfume ever; the ads didn't have a trace of the elegance, sophistication, irony, or immersive fantasy of Opium or Poison, and instead painted a lifestyle of forced, loud, brash good times at the beach or in the convertible, usually involving a woman suspended in mid-laugh, as though she had been cryogenically frozen in Virginia Slims land and carted over to Giorgio without prior knowledge, her magenta-painted mouth hanging open to expose her Hollywood-white fangs in a feral distortion of a smile. It was either this woman or simply a picture of the "Extraordinary Perfume Spray" bottle looming like the 2001 monolith over a black background. Could I be this girl? I'm a six foot four, 270 lb bearded man, so it would be a challenge.
    Soon enough I saw the yellow and white prison bars, so familiar to me from repeat viewings of "Troop Beverly Hills", staring back at me in TJ Maxx. I paid the $20 admission price and entered the world of Giorgio. I went back to my car and sprayed on lavishly. "Not so bad!" I thought. Pineapple, tuberose, and pool chemicals; it had that-er-"well blended" quality that I often find in cheap perfumes like Tabu, wherein the perfume seems to contain no discernable individual notes, just one big distinctive stench, the source of which can only be a giant oil drum labeled "TABU": or "GIORGIO" in a grimy factory somewhere, not, you know, "night-blooming jasmine from the fields of Grasse," or whatever. After thirty seconds I couldn't smell much but could feel a dull throb that seemed to be circling my brain-a sinus headache, I assumed. My vision also seemed slightly impaired, everything was blurring. Passersby stared at me as though I were covered in blood. It was DELIGHTFUL.
    For three weeks I denied that the headaches that Giorgio caused were caused by Giorgio. I funneled allergy pills and pain relievers into my gullet on an hourly basis. I also sprayed on more Giorgio. I purchased Giorgio Red. None of these things helped. I was in a perpetually crabby mood whenever I had the Giorgio on, too. I didn't ask anyone's opinion of it because I didn't want to know what they thought. At this point in my life, it was perfectly appropriate that I was wearing a perfume that kept people away in droves, made everyone everywhere I went aware of my horrible mood, made me physically ill, cost too much for what it was, and didn't feel right with any of my clothing except for the Madonna Blond Ambition Tour tee.
    I haven't been able to track down any old Giorgio for comparison but I would imagine that it would have the same effect in any vintage. As a child of the nineties, it's titillating and horrifying to me to think that the whole world smelled like this in the eighties. Everyone was experiencing that dull throb in their head all the time, everywhere they went, for an entire decade and then some. ON PURPOSE! And FOR A GREATER PRICE! Though it is now practically only found in drug stores and discounters, Giorgio was once THE snob perfume, the one that no one else had but you, or the one you wanted but couldn't afford. It was originally only available in the Giorgio boutique and by mail order, so you had to be on the inside to get it. The point of it was to advertise your nouveau-riche status by beating the whole world over the head with a toxic, lingering cloud of Californian grotesquerie. By the late eighties it was available everywhere, the top-selling perfume for years, and was worn (used, I should say, Giorgio isn't worn but used, with intent) by cliquey high school girls to terrorize their social inferiors. Its veneer of cheerfulness- pineapple! flowers! beaches!- hides a vapid, hollow, black soul and no moral center, capable of doing anything. Giorgio was cruel, exciting, and nauseating, and its success seems unthinkable today. Then it felt glamorous, now it feels like the olfactory equivalent of that scene in David Lynch's "Inland Empire" where Laura Dern is stabbed unexpectedly with a screwdriver and runs around screaming and bleeding on the Hollywood walk of fame until she collapses next to some homeless people and dies. A true classic.

FruitDiet's avatar

Angel by Thierry Mugler

It's summer, and you know what that means? I'll be wearing gigantic orientals, their sillage amplified by a quarter-inch of sweat. It's considered gauche to wear loud fragrances in summer, but I completely disagree; all the big orientals- Youth-Dew, Opium, Angel- seem positively designed for this kind of sweltering provocation. A good layer of sweat really brings out their "COME HITHER, YOU BIG MAN" qualities. Speaking of Angel, I think it might have surpassed Youth-Dew as my all-time favorite perfume. I got my star refilled at Nordstrom last week for the nice price of $45 and I've been wearing it continuously for the past week. It's just such an endlessly fascinating and disturbing fragrance, and it's impossible to categorize or understand. It was released in '92, well into the onset of what Chandler Burr calls the "anorexic oceanics of the 1990s", yet it is a throbbing, room-filling fuck-off power-woman scent in the 80's OpiumPoisonGiorgio style. It straddles the line between male and female despite being intended for and worn mainly by women; an ultra-femme pink cotton candy note is strangled to death before your eyes by a virile, throaty patchouli. It is one of the most successful perfumes in history and is available at Wal-Mart but it does not in any way comply with the American imperative to smell "clean"- in fact, it smells positively raunchy, as though body odor and sweet musky shit-stained panties were layered with rotting fruit and topped off with a post-apocalyptic stripper pole. Its advertising is counter-intuitive and designed to distract potential customers from what it ACTUALLY smells like; the packaging is light blue when the juice smells a sinister glittery brown. Sales-associates will inform dimwitted women that it smells of chocolates and sweets, when it smells of death and the infinite beyond. Ad copy refers to the "tender notes of Angel" and "memories of Thierry Mugler's childhood"; Angel wearers clearly lost their innocence LONG ago and now confront everyone they meet with the olfactory tenderness of snorting jagged shards of blue sugar glass. Angel is worn equally by conservative women (allegedly it is the signature scent of both Laura Bush and Hillary Clinton) and women of the night (numerous sources have told me of its popularity among erotic dancers). AND IT WAS A HUGE HIT! More disturbing is the nicotine-like addiction that Angel induces in the wearer, necessitating the purchase of (literally) hundreds of bizarrely named ancillary products ("Celestial Showers Gel"? "Perfuming Hair Mist"?) in an effort to preserve the scent on skin for the rest of your lifetime. The addictive part of Angel, the really good part, is that first blast of body odor and rotten fruit that fades within a few minutes, so the wearer is forced to continually reapply to get that kick. The more you wear it, the more you become anosmic to it, so you keep putting on layer upon layer upon layer, achieving a Baby Jane-like flaking pancake makeup effect and making you smell TRULY filthy, TRULY like you have been living on the streets and selling your unclean body for weeks. As Anais Reboux says to Roxane Mesquida at the beginning of Breillat's "Fat Girl", "You reek of loose morals." They have soda fountain-style REFILL STATIONS at all major department stores, for Christ's sake! I indulge in dreams of taking foot-tall Slurpee cups to Nordstrom and demanding that an effete, tittering male sales associate fill them to the brim, at gunpoint. How on earth did you get away with it, Mugler? Around the time of its release, sales associates were instructed to forcefully spray it on the arms of confused women, look directly in their trembling eyes, and tell them, mantra-like, "THIS IS A FRAGRANCE FOR A UNIQUE WOMAN. NO ONE ELSE WILL SMELL LIKE THIS. A UNIQUE, UNCOMPROMISING WOMAN WOULD WEAR THIS. IT IS UNLIKE ANYTHING ELSE". I'm not kidding, this is how it became a success. They still talk like that at the department stores, too, when they find out you're an Angel fan, in the thick, lascivious tone of a depraved Madame speaking to a whorehouse patron with particularly exotic, violent, and possibly illegal sexual tastes. They'll spray you with the latest seasonal version ("Angel Soleil au Fraiche Summer Fraicheur Energizing Oil Cream" or some such nonsense, available for a limited time only) and hold your arm with their lacquered dragon talons, hissing that there are LOTS of people out there who like Angel and you needn't feel guilty or immoral for it. AND IT WAS A HUGE HIT!

One of my best friends who happens to be a mortician told me an amazing and frightening story. While preparing a corpse for its funeral, she was handed a bottle of Angel and instructed to spray it all in and around the coffin because it was the deceased's favorite scent. Angel, which already smells of death, follows its wearers TO THE GRAVE.

Ma Griffe by Carven

Perhaps it's the old vintage bottle, but this, in EdC strength, is not really green on me at all. I get a fleshy, almost meaty floral that is somehow fruity in its sweetness -- I think this is the ylang ylang -- not a fruit note per se. There is some powder too. A bit of cinnamon? It reminds me of Opium, in fact, but much less complex -- I sometimes layer it with Opium EdT. I tend to get tired of the fleshy-floral stage, which is somewhat insistent on me ... I love the soft, longlasting vanillic drydown.

Tweed by Fine Fragrances & Cosmetics

Vintage cologne -- This is a go-to work scent for me. It isn't as complex and rich-verging-on-heady as some other, somewhat similar vintage green chypres (much less going on than in Cabochard for example) and I find it somewhat soapy, though pleasantly so -- it makes me think of French-milled soaps, slightly creamy but quite dry and herbal, not sweet at all on my skin, nor floral, save for a bit of lavender ... and possibly something quite clear and sweet that wafts in and out -- this is so delicate I can't quite pick it out. It's a very wearable and ultimately somewhat delicate scent ... drydown lasts all day on me but is very very faint after a couple of hours. Quite nice!

Scandal by Lanvin

Wow. All leather, all the time. Serious leather. There are other notes, beautifully described already by other and better noses, but on my skin this wears as much more intensely leathery than anything else I've tried, from Lancome Cuir (new) to Chanel CdR. It's a gorgeous one, longlasting and smooth, but my personal preference is for something with more floral and green in the mix.

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Bulgari Man by Bulgari

I admit to having high expectations for BULGARI MAN. After all it's by Alberto Morillas, the talent behind Flower by Kenzo and Mugler Cologne - two fragrances that pushed boundaries on opposite sides of the spectrum. Could this be the heir to Bulgari Pour Homme?

Fat hope. I even had to stifle a curse. What is with the current obsession over 'transparent wood synthetics' in men's fragrances?? From the stripped down vetiver to the veneer of woodsy musks in the base, there's nothing particularly outstanding about the juice. Which is probably why it will ring in the cash registers come X'mas. What about the violet leaf note? Bah! I'll take Grey Flannel or Fahrenheit any day. If only it had retained one of Bulgari signature tea accords.

For now I'll file this average fragrance under "MEH."

Fletch31's avatar

Allure Homme by Chanel

I think I have found my signature fragrance! I absolutely love this on my skin. Its just the perfect blend of everything I like in a man's scent. A bit of citrus, woods, hint of sweetness, warm and fresh at the same time with no aquatics. It just hits my nose with a pleasing swirling blend of class. Not linear at all and it lasts and lasts. Its not a groundbreaking fragrance with it's bits and pieces of familiar scents, but the blend and execution is just stellar. Dependable and exciting at the same time, I can't ask for more in a designer fragrance.

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

Tangos by Essentially Me

Rich and deep green scent with beautiful notes of tobacco, smoke, incense, oak moss, vetiver...I find difficult to distinguish the top notes from the rest as they are all orchestrated in harmony...I can certainly recognise lots of green accords in this great creation; great longevity on my skin and very unisex in my opinion...

Big thumbs up...!!!