Latest Perfume Reviews

Notes by Robert Piguet

Despite its evident lack of originality this fragrance is surely daring and well appointed, perfect for a charming "clothed in white-linen suit" south-american business man, constantly rolling around for restaurants, meeting places, Grand Hotels and lounge bars. Robert Piguet Notes is a minty and balmy-floral chypre which, re-interpreting a quite successful aromatic formula, actually sounds as an indeal olfactory encounter between scents a la Faconnable by Faconnable, Ted Lapidus Black Soul, Krizia Spazio Uomo and Jacques Bogart Silver Scent (partially Bogart Pour Homme as well). Synthetic soapiness is quite under control (finally kind of talky, woody powdery and minty violet-veined), sweetness is at fair level (actually balanced by a kind of organic and simil-leathery "saltiness") and the spiciness is velvety and well calibrated. "Stuffs" like mint, musks, coriander, clary sage and lavender represent an aromatic and slightly (classically) barber-shop introduction ready to merge its fresh substance with a more soapy, floral, musky and exotic ambery (ambroxan)-tonkinian backbone. Bergamot/lavender and geranium provide an immediately classic (classically fougere) angular approach which turns out by soon in a minty-balmy intoxicating way characterized by neroli, exotic spices, "colonial" vetiver and balmy tonka. Vetiver is extremely classy, "minty-tropical" and alluring. The note of mint is daring, fascinating and "spacious" with all its own aromatic and intriguing spiciness conjuring me Krizia Spazio (and vaguely the classic Carlo Corinto and Carlo Corinto Silver) especially before that a soapy-tonkinian dry down starts embracing the elements in to a comforting musky embrace. Frankly I love the way in which Notes preserves its average sharpness despite its intriguing light balminess (substantially in a middle way between talkiness, powder and soapiness). A medium rating just for its lack of uniqueness despite on my skin this fragrance is the best interpretation of the aforementioned yet classic formula.
02nd August, 2015
yarn Show all reviews

Intense Pepper by Montale

Starts off with a realistic pepper hit and then quickly turns into Greyland by the same house

Only other minor difference is that there is a fraction more citrus running through this but other than that, it is Greyland
01st August, 2015

Calling All Angels by April Aromatics

I just received this in the mail, and although I've been sweating like a whore in church today, I decided to test it.

It is decidedly a fall/winter scent, as it is rich, luxurious, and enveloping. I feel as though I should be wearing a favorite cashmere sweater, sitting by a fire, with a hot Toddy in hand or mulled wine.

The Labdanum is powerful and delicious - and I know the scent well, as I have a 1/2 oz of the stuff (all brown and sticky) from Eden Botanicals and it is yummy! The frankincense is prettier than I had expected...lighter. The richness of the honey, amber, and opopanax is spiced with the incense in such a way that they never overwhelm. They simply dance with each other, and each comes forth to the front from time to time without causing much of a scene.

While I'm not quite sure which "precious woods" the accord imbibes, I feel as though I should now don a winter coat and scarf, and travel with my beloved on a moonlit walk through piney woods.

This bottle was purchased blindly, and I am so very happy I took the chance. Fall cannot arrive soon enough!
31st July, 2015

Vanille Intense by Nicolaï

I was ready for a (likely boring) blast of pure vanilla, but Nicolai’s Vanille Intense does contain way more than simple vanilla. Actually, if it wasn’t for the name, I would not have called this a “vanilla” scent at all. This seems to me more a sort of really pleasant, albeit sadly slightly cheap sort of neroli-bergamot-musky fragrance with some pepper-cumin, a whiff of herbal aniseed and quite a bold presence of orange-fruity notes, with also a really graceful smell of orange flowers. Not overly sweet overall – actually, barely sweet. There’s some sweetness but it is dry, austere, dusty, elegantly floral. Vanilla is there just to soften and sweeten the base notes, and it even almost disappears after a while. The drydown seems in fact mostly peppery-ambery still with a balsamic whiff of orange and herbs (with a persistent nuance of aniseed for me, which may be an aldehyde though). Kind of similar to the same concept of Fendi Theorema for women, just a bit louder and cheaper here, less heavy on cinnamon and heavier on both pepper, amber and orange-herbal notes.

Quite pleasant overall: a tart, refined, really aromatic fragrance, and for once it’s aromatic in a slightly unusual way – not many fragrances use orange notes this way. Vanille Intense kind of explores orange in some of its nuances – you get the leaves, the blossoms, the fruit. The rest – spices, amber, vanilla, some musk – just acts as a background enhancing the main notes. Sadly the quality doesn’t seem that high as regards of the materials (thus affecting the richness and the vibrancy of the notes), and despite you get a nice evolution and some really nice nuances, overall I find Vanille Intense a bit cheap – in the “flat/synthetic” meaning. You feel it could be way more sparkling and charming than this. I wished they had a bit more budget for it, as Vanille Intense had all the potential to be a really good fragrance. Anyway as-is it is still undoubtedly pleasant, warm, comforting and easy to wear, also with excellent projection and persistence... just a little overpriced for the quality for me.

6,5-7/10
30th July, 2015

Diorella by Christian Dior

I suppose Diorella is considered one of the paramount achievements of modern perfumery, from what I read. Although not uncommon, here in Asia it proved difficult to find, so I got a bottle when I traveled to Europe.

I like the current edition. A floral chypre, yes, with citrus and somewhat fruity. But much more than this of course. It is long lasting and changes course throughout its development.

It includes a kind of stale odour which can even be described as body odour (BO), and I have pondered that this might be due to an indolic jasmine, but I don't know of course. Thus the fragrance has an interesting combination of 'freshness' and 'staleness'. I actually prefer the current edition since I have also tried the vintage, but found it to be too 'stale'.

In my opinion it is completely unisex, it doesn't smell much feminine to me.
30th July, 2015

Paradis Perdu by Frapin

Frapin Paradise Perdu strikes me immedialtely for its initially elicited flashback evocative about the vintage Guerlain Vetiver. The extraordinary note of vetiver appears indeed by soon (but just for a few minutes) heady, spicy, "kind of tobacco veined", smooth and exotic before that a really rural-citric-cedary-agrestic (but still spicy-fluidy) power a la Terre d'Hermes takes the stage with its baggage of tartness, leafiness and earthiness. Vetiver is still central but appearing now richer, more musky-floral, woody and green. The greenness is extremely aromatic and clearly influenced by a remarkably temperamental basil's presence. Basil is in here central as citrus and vetiver. Hay reinforces the cedary feel while I suppose the presence of spinaches "nails down" the general earthiness (dark and mossy). I find this stage simply amazing and full of effectively realistic nuances of a sort of ideal georgic (almost fairy-silvan) hidden universe full of ancient trees, immaculate fresh streams, dark caves, musks and green meadows. The stroke of genius is represented by the note of vine which enhances the natural viney-metallic feel of vetiver. The aroma insists aromatic, vetiver-centered, sour (central mandarine and lime) and progressively more oily-resinous and spicy. If you are in the woodsy-agrestic-boise aromas you can't miss this little gem. Despite its rural nature this fragrance is really dignified and structured, somewhat elegant and sober. One of the wildest (earthy, virile, almost organic) but at same time finally (paradoxically) civilized (musky-mossy) vetivers around. A quite virile and distinguished fragrance really daring and perfect for all the seasons. Pure olfactory nostalgia for a disappeared natural dimension. Excellent masterwork by Amelie Bourgeois for Frapin.

Fleur de Portofino by Tom Ford

As I am writing this review, I am also testing this juice for the first time: Yes, this was a complete blind buy based solely on the notes, and my enjoyment of this collection.

Here are my impressions thus far:
I initially feel taken back to a distinct memory of many summer nights spent with friends (and the occasional arm candy) at Durham, NC's Duke Gardens. I grew up about 15 minutes from this amazing botanical delight, and while not a Duke fan, I greatly appreciate the beauty and splendor of such a space.

While the note nor accord is mentioned, my initial response was "this smells sorta like Wisteria on a hot summer's night with a slight breeze". This is a rare accomplishment, and no matter if anyone else smells it, I do, and I am grateful!

The citrus seems to play a fleetingly sheer role in the structure, but somehow find its way to wind around the senses. It's nice, and pleasing.

Now, a word on the honey...wow! This is quite remarkable! I rarely smell a honey accord that reaches this level of true honey perfection! And what I LOVE, is it is not screaming SUGAR! I sense the raw, thick, but not overly sweet composition of honey still on the comb. The honey is like a fine organza laying over a beautiful silk - it plays across in a shimmery and watery way.

Right now, it has been 2 hours since application. It is a light scent, and fits within this series seamlessly. I expect this to behave as a skin-scent on myself and perhaps others.

Light and peaceful are two words that spring to mind easily. I do like this quite a bit.

Adding the thoughts on longevity: WOW! It's 12+ hours later, and while it is most definitely a skin-scent, it remains!
Kaern Show all reviews

Santal Royal by Guerlain

The problem with Oud is that like Immortelle, when used in any appreciable amount it tends to dominate the whole fragrance. I was hoping that Guerlain would create a sandalwood to die for, matching the now long gone 'Sandalwood' by Floris. That fragrance used Mysore when it was relatively cheap and not subject to restrictions so I can't blame Guerlain entirely for this rendition. Marrying it with oud wasn't going to work for pure sandalwood lovers though.
'Oud Royal' would have been a better less misleading name imo.
The fragrance itself is lovely though -rich, resinous, fruity, long lasting and gloriously smooth.
Love the Black Bee bottle.

Voyage d'Hermès by Hermès

Voyage d'Hermes is an ethereal fragrance with an iridescent aura of clean crisp citrus, vetiver, bright cardamom, medicinal artemsia and light woods which create an ozonic cleansing air that exists far out at sea, when voyaging away from the density of civilization. This fragrance is the lightest option in a long line of fragrances by J.C. Ellena that all have a similar characteristic clean vetiver and cedar, birch or papyrus wood scents with a touch of bitters following clean tart citrus in the opening - fragrances such as Declaration, Declaration Essence, Terre d' Hermes, TdH Eau Fraiche, etc. Voyage d'Hermes is the lightest of these Ellena family of scents and many may not appreciate the light touch but it offers a definite presence that is a supporting, background role. I like a fragrance that doesn't scream and take over your space. This is the fragrance that you want to quietly hold you aloft by invisible wings that will let you take center stage with quiet support. Voyage d'Hermes is a great all purpose clean oceanic spritz of fresh air.

Poivre 23 by Le Labo

One of the nicest Le Labo fragrances I have ever tried. And basically the first pepper fragrance I’ve ever liked. Rich but simple, realistic, straightforward, clean but dark, bold and unique despite featuring some really common notes ( “the devil is in the details”...).Basically, as the name suggests, it is a peppery fragrance, but an extremely clever, balanced and pleasant one. Pepper is quite tricky in fragrances; some tend to be really loud (Villoresi’s Piper Nigrum), some cheap or screechy, some are just boringly, artificially “woody-peppery”, or sometimes they’re just a monotone pepper litany. Well, Poivre 23 isn’t any of that. It brilliantly manages to keep pepper as the central note, yet with some really pleasant and enjoyable nuances that give some colour, some evolution and some vibrancy to the scent – both “bright” and “dark” nuances (or better say, warm-sweet and cold-balsamic). The palette of “colours” of Poivre 23 is quite nondescript actually, it’s just a really vibrant and shimmering fragrance which doesn’t smell like pretty much anything else. I get a lot of “curry” smell, especially initially; some subtle vanillic amber, maybe even something greenish-floral and slightly resinous.

The evolution gets eventually drier, a bit muskier, earthier, still with a perfectly detectable warm-ambery labdanum note, at the same time slightly more balsamic and green (in a dark, “fougère-like” meaning). And with a really pleasant whiff of crisp laundry musk. It feels like a “pepper soliflore” with distant, light echoes of other fragrances – from Etro Ambra to Le Labo Labdanum to many musk-vanilla scents, to (obviously) pepper fragrances like the abovementioned, and inferior, Piper Nigrum, finally almost reaching some really classic green-floral Chanel or Laroche scents – not sure why but I thought of both vintage Laroche’s Fidji and Chanel’s Cristalle at some point. I am not saying I smell them here, rather that their faint green-musky chypresque ghosts lightly “float” around on the background thanks to some really well-put subtle nuances that seem to recall them. Probably one of the most “dynamic” scents I’ve smelled recently, brilliantly keeping it consistent around pepper and cumin. I can’t explain myself better – it’s just a really catchy, fascinating and refined pepper-resinous-green scent, unique and vibrant, extremely enjoyable to wear. And that’s it. Bravi!

28th July, 2015 (last edited: 29th July, 2015)

Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Christian Dior

I first smelt DHC 2013 on paper in Macy's about a month ago. All I remember is the opening was amazing to my nose, but after getting a bottle and trying it on skin...not sure it's a love me. But we'll see, it's supposed to get in the upper 90's again here in a couple days and that's exactly what I got this for.:)

As it's already been said, this composition does have a "frozen lemonade" smell in the opening despite the citrus in this case being bergamot. So very refreshing! I also completely agree with the person who stated this smells like 2008 Dior Homme Sport without the ginger in the drydown....totally agree! And that's a good thing, because ginger is a hit or miss note for me...and in 2008 DHS it was overbearing and most definitely a miss in that one IMO.

Very well composed, simple citrus based cologne scent here that is well above average in scent and has acceptable/adequate longevity for this type of genre. Definitely worth a look and to sample.

Napier 1903 by Murdock

I like it. It is distinctive and well done.
Starts with a green, dusky-dry note. Very good, could last a bit longer. The fig leaf is crisp and not over-done.
Then there is an aromatic note from the dried fruit. This is interesting. Some of the dried fruit might reflect fig. Whatever it is, it works well and has a really unique character. I particularly appreciate that it is largely a dry note, rather than a sugary-rich one. Serge Lutens could learn something from this company.
The dry-down is slightly soapy and has good oakmoss and perhaps a hint of wood.
The scent is dignified, somewhat "sporty" in a good sense and masculine. Wears well.

Mandarine Glaciale by Atelier Cologne

Mandarine Glaciale is a nice scent that is wonderfully balanced to my nose with the citrus and spices. Not a super unique game changer, but certainly a very well composed and multifaceted citrus spicy that is above your average entry in this genre. Maybe I didn't put enough of the sample on, but longevity seemed pretty low. Will have to do a full wearing.

Eau Sauvage Parfum by Christian Dior

Whoa, this is a STRONG one!lol I don't think this is really anything special. Don't get me wrong, it's certainly not a bad scent by any stretch of the imagination. It smells good and is a most definitely a quality frag....but to my nose it's mostly a linear sweet myrrh scent and not much more. Hardly the masterpiece some make it out to be IMHO. Longevity and projection as immense!

Opoponax / Impérial Opoponax by Les Néréides

I really like this fragrance in the opening it smells of that same vibe Diptyque Eau Lent has. I also line Diptyque Eau Lente as well a favorite. It is a sweeter take with vanilla bean,tonka,benzoin and added spicy note. This Opopponax and Eau Lente are neck and neck. When I want a sweeter version I wear Opopponax when I'm in a less sweet mood I wear Eau Lente. Well done a great composition!

Cedre Atlas by Atelier Cologne

I gave this 3 stars. I cannot bemoan a fragrance for doing what it says, so anything less than 3 stars seems unkind.

This is not a cedar that will bring any surprises to your nose; it is fairly boring and a non-candidate for purchase, at least for me.

Silage is decent for an office scent, but I highly doubt many will enjoy the cedar, at least not in this structure.

I keep trying to like this house, but thus far, my experiences have been lacking in joy.

Royal Bain de Caron / Royal Bain de Champagne by Caron

Certain pieces of ambient music provide an oasis of muted abstraction, where the ear rests, is soothed by amorphous tones, and is fulfilled. Royal Bain de Caron is ambient for my nose. It is pastel-hued, walks in on a cloud and settles on the skin like softest of down.
Its main accord evokes a nostalgic, bygone ages mood, while being striking in its novelty. It’s a light-as-a-marshmallow floral (lilac in this instance) caressed by kitten-soft suede (an effect created mainly by the resins and sandalwood in the composition). Marshmallow, old-fashioned ‘cream’ soap, the scent of a powder compact, these are all evoked but with that gentle resins and woods base, and the infusion of a similarly restrained vanilla and the beautiful skin-like Caron musk. It has substance to it without heaviness.
Wears light and soft, so more of a ‘just for myself’ scent than something for an occasion. I was captured on my first encounter with it and wear it as a comfort scent on busy days. As it is difficult to overdo, I can spray as little or as much as I like without a second thought.

Hatria by Angela Ciampagna

Hatria takes a traditional rose-patchouli-woods combination and spins it off into an airy and diffusive, almost aquatic direction. A neat trick, as the rose is dripping syrup and is the main player here, the spices (can’t really smell the saffron mentioned) a mere murmur, and the woods are likewise subdued. So somehow, despite the bombast of that rose and the density of ingredients, one’s nose is still tricked into perceiving this as lighter than it actually is.
But such shadow-dancing aside, what is left? I find the presentation of the rose to be so two-bit and of the cheapo attar variety, and the breath of oud so utterly devoid of mystery, that I offer praise that there’s a halfway decent sandal note lurking in the mix. All in all, a ho-hum offering which slightly tweaks the overfamiliar.

Eva Kant by O'Driù

Sometimes in cold weather, I’ll do a minute or two of exercise before applying perfume – just to get my skin warm enough to be receptive. With Eva Kant I wouldn’t need to bother – it’s a perfume that somehow feels massaged in rather than sprayed on.
A resins and spice combination which has the pleasing moreishness of a skilfully made milky desert (something Indian maybe with lots of ground cardamom and just a touch of ginger), it feels comfortable, relaxed and at home on my skin. Gentle myrrh and dusty vanilla are also prominent in the central theme and they blend right in. A rather traditional citrus and lavender combo injects air and space through the opening stages, while not detracting from the after-dinner feel, and a hint of something like raw, split wood adds a pleasing contrast. The wood changes subtly, getting waxier and more prominent over the course of the wear, but doesn’t unbalance the other elements.
While Eva Kant is a fine thing, I find it (like its projection and longevity) a touch too measured, inspiring little by way of passion. An occasional visit will do me.

Aoud Flowers by Montale

Why whisper when you can roar is Montale’s credo, and Aoud Flowers is no exception. So sharp, the opening made me sneeze, this one combines tart florals (geranium and rose with a twist of bergamot according to the notes) with the kind of frankensynthetic oud that could have escaped from MFK’s ‘moods’ debut trio. Indeed, Aoud Flowers feels synthetic from top to bottom, with a big doze of woowoo musks coming on like an industrial blower. It’s a testament to the power of all the other components that the oud actually feels like a supporting player here. With wear, accents of pepper and lavender (in the ‘gale of freshness’ Arabic mode) reveal themselves. Undoubtedly megabutch, undoubtedly synthetic, it still exerts a degree of fascination that catches my nose’s attention.

Caldey Island Lavender by Caldey Abbey Perfumes

Its misleading to call this a soliflor because that implies a simple and linear profile. Caldey Island Lavender is instead more like a journey through the different facets of the plant.

Hugo Collumbien has composed this in the same manner as a talented gardener tends their shrubs.
Anyone can lop off pieces here and there, but the real skill is to work with the bush to highlight its beauty and leave behind no trace.

****

Very Sexy Attraction by Victoria's Secret

In this scent on me the first impression is that of sweet cherries, which later on turn into a more floral theme: I get lily and hints of orchids. All this is clearly synthetic, but not all bad; it is neither overwhelming nor totally cloying, and for those cherry-lovers looking for a spring scent it might be worth a try.

As das as the performance is concerned, I get moderate sillage, good projection and four hours of longevity. Overall in the middle range.

Fan di Fendi pour Homme by Fendi

I can't believe I forgot to write a review about that one. I did write one though, on the Croatian counterpart of Fragrantica, 13.06.2013. so I'll basically rewrite it here in English, however not in a complete detail.

So, Fendi huh? A bit retro in the initial wave, very spicy and in style quite close between Burberry London (minus boozy, port wine feel) and Moschino Forever. More emphasys on Moschino Forever.

Spices and leather notes are rather neatly combined and that makes Fendi smell quite refined. Can't say exactly when to wear it. It has some depth and weight so it can be worn during colder days, yet again it so uninvasive and sort of light at the same time so it's very wearable during warm periods. Warm and thick, however also gentle and mild, but not weak. Very urban, both formal and casual.

Too bad it's discontinued so soon along with flankers.

Originality 5/10
Scent 8/10
Longevity 8/10
Projection 7/10

Insurrection II Pure by Reyane

100% 10/10 all the way!......
Forget about the so called "hype train" this scent is a standalone fragrance thats extremely high end niche in not only scent but presentation! Its almost a crime to only spend £33.95 shipped for this frag...
Yes it is reminiscent of AVENTUS* but even better it actually reminds me and does smell of Amouage reflection man...I'd say 95% aventus & 5% reflection man, which is an amazing thing.
Its fresh,zesty,deep,fruity.....first blast you get immediately the Aventus pineapple,and its very well done,then a powdery floral which is so reminiscent of Amouage reflection man,infact its identical(i owned a 100ml of that scent)
If youre looking for an identical Aventus copy this isnt quite it,,,95% yes but that 5% makes a world of difference,its definetly in the aventus ballpark and people will say" thats like aventus,"or "is that aventus"...but to my mind,its even better because it does have its own swag & style....Amouge being a niche house and very expensive and this scent nails(whether that was their intentions)reflection man...
I cant say enough good things about it....Just dont compare it to Aventus directly...as i feel negatives will follow and youll be ignoring and overlooking what a great scent this is..
I'd pay double the price for this and have no reservations!..
Will update once its dried down later as ive only just received through post...
I was lucky getting this off ebay(the sellers brother lives in NYC and ships the guy these over)if thats true or not,thats what i was told and this is genuine stock...
Ive not seen it sold anywhere else at the moment in the UK...
As i type,the dry down is softening and the pineapple has lessened !...Do not buy if wanting 100% aventus,but 100% purchase for a similar scent thats so well blended,niche quality,different and a very welcome surprise!

Fahrenheit Parfum by Christian Dior

Salutation.

A perfume for men with timeless sophisticated elegance.the very scent of defiance,for the most contemporary of rebels with a warm yet striking oriental spicy fragrance.it is not a masterpiece but really laudable and great.akin to a man living intense passionate moments FAHRENHEIT LE PARFUM announces itself as a sizzling oriental,masculine fragrance. Highly Magnetic,Magnetically Passionate, passionately Delicious,Deliciously Intoxicating.

After a elegant getaway of Sicilian mandarin,licorice and suede,the sense are captivated by a smooth, masculine heart note of violet leaf,rum and coriander while deep and sweet vanilla,leaving behind it a sensual,powerfully masculine scent of oriental seduction.the scent is for the confident and redined man.it is not as strong as original but just enough. great for a dinner party and suitable for cold weather.in conclusion I still prefer the original.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.25/10

Candy Aoud by Roja Dove

Like Sweetie Aoud, the opening of Candy Aoud bridges the sickening with the fascinating; you get something that resembles a mouthful of gummi bears crossed with soapy florals. Also like Sweetie Aoud, this scent ditches the sugary namesake in under a minute and ploughs headlong into stemmy floral territories countered by something that borders on vegetal. There’s a outlying citrus note thats mixed with oak moss to produce a shadow of a chypre that builds as the sweeter notes fade. After thirty minutes, you’re left with a fairly uninspiring mush of ideas with a prominent rose jutting out against what smells to me to be a kind of tobacco leaf. This really isn’t a scent about candy, and it’s certainly not about oud. But the main problem I have with it is that it doesn’t seem to know what it trying to accomplish. It’s kind of an insipid, pointless leafy affair that, while not awful, contributes surprisingly little.

Fruity Aoud by Roja Dove

So, the gimmick with this tutti-frutti trio seems to be that the top notes reflect the first part of the name, but they burn off fast leaving only a slither of the namesake behind. This one is indeed fruity and the fruit accord is predominantly berries but with the faint tropical spin of grapefruit and strawberries. I actually do detect something oud-like in this one (a tad barnyard and a bit cheesy), but it’s dialed way back in the mix. However, when placed next to the berry leaf (a note that naturally runs a bit pissy), there’s a subtle suggestion of a restroom. Ordinarily, a fruity melange over restroom-ish notes is bound to smell like air freshener, but Fruity Aoud navigates that trap reasonably well by creating a decent tension between pleasant / unpleasant. With that said, it’s a bit of a garish scent in the vein of Bond No.9, but no more garish than anything else the line has put out.

Sweetie Aoud by Roja Dove

The name’s deceptive as there’s nothing oud-ish here, and the sweetness — while overpowering at the start — burns off within minutes to reveal a bread-like accord that quickly (and I mean quickly) gives way to an earthy patchouli and cardamom. This movement takes place in under five minutes, and so I’d be more inclined to refer to this scent as patchouli-dominant with a pastry undertone. The opening blast reflects the usual Roja cavalcade of ostentation, and the pastry that follows is pitched somewhere between brown sugar, bread, and a fried donut. Jeux de Peau is the closest analog at this stage, but the Lutens is more reserved and tasteful whereas the Dove keeps the gaudiness of the opening in sight. But the point that Sweetie Aoud settles at — an herbalized earthy patchouli with just a touch of donuty sweetness — isn’t as hideous as the name would suggest or as vulgar as this line can get. The asking price, however, is as hideous as the name, but I think we’ve come to expect that from these guys now. Better than expected, but the bottom line is that it’s working with themes that have been done better elsewhere.

Declaration L'Eau by Cartier

Salutation.

DECLARATION L'EAU reveals a lighter,fresher form of seduction.subtle and dynamic,the fragrance reinterprets the territory of “fresh aromatics” and transports DECLARATION L]EAU in a world of modernity and freshness.Brightness,intensity,light glares, dazzle,perfection,attention to details,elegance are expressed through this fragrance.in other words: Bitter,Citrusy,Chic,Masculine,Vibrant and Versatile.

Fresh,citrus top notes of grapefruit are brightened with pink pepper.the dry down expands into the warm, elegant sensuality of energetic cedar,softened by musk and radiating self-assured masculinity.this compositions fresh yet spicy,with a aromatic facet to fit a relaxed,yet sopshiticated lifestyle. the aroma is uplifting and will definitely,get a positive reaction from others.Suitable for Everyday/ Office wear.

Sillage?Surprisingly nice for a aquatic.

Longevity?+5 hours on my skin.

mavmanc Show all reviews

Acqua di Giò pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

This is quite unsophisticated stuff, but it does a good job

That job is making summer feel a fraction more summery. Only a fraction mind, but any incremental step towards hot days and cooling scent joy is worth a trip.

I can't ever remember being complimented on it and I feel as if it's a precursor to better cooling scents. Like it's trying to take my virginity but I'm okay with just flirting for now.

Try it. If you like it prepare to move on and thank it for starting you on a path.

Or just where it for the office on hot days for as long as you like.