Fragrance Reviews from July 2012

lamimi06's avatar

It's Me for Her by Jacomo

First, let's talk about the bottle. I love it's modern look, you can't even really call it a bottle. The perfume looks more like a smartphone or music player instead of a fragrance. From first glance, you would never know this was perfume.

I have smelled the Women's parfum, and it's something very different that I don't have in my collection as of yet. It's one of the stronger perfumes, at first spray it may seem a bit intense and musky, but after about 5 minutes the scent dries down to a delightful blend of sandalwood and jasmine, and I only catch a hint of the dried fruits after about 20 minutes or so. At first I wasn't crazy about the musky scent, but like I said, after 5-10 minutes you are left with a sexy sensual smell that is not too strong at all, in fact I found the after smell warm and comforting.

I Love New York for Earth Day by Bond No. 9

This scent is a beautiful green wet floral with a very prominent tuberose note that is wearable by both sexes and has great longevity.

It moves me in the sense that it is more complex and evolves more that some of the other Bonds from the I Love NY collection.

I Love New York for Fathers by Bond No. 9

A very nice scent with a relaxing soul; full of calming herbs and spices (basil, sage, coriander, lavender) and a lovely ambery and musky never ending drydown...

I Love New York for Mothers by Bond No. 9

Very Beautiful and on the feminine side...

Lovely sweet notes of tangerine, freesia, lilies and jasmine sambac take centre stage in this long lasting scent.

The drydown is very similar to I love NY for Fathers with lots of amber and musky woody notes.

Best worn layered with I love NY for Fathers; then you are really in a cloud of Relaxation...

BetsyMeszaros's avatar

Iris & Lady Moore by Jo Malone

My husband bought this for me and he absolutely adores it. So I will be wearing it. I think it improves dramatically when layered with Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia with Cardamon, which is my favorite Jo Malone. I'm not use to perfumes with a lot of iris and I believe this has lots of it. To me it is a unisex scent. Perhaps this is due to the vetiver. I suggested to my husband that perhaps we could share it but he believes it is too floral for him. I'm not so sure about that. Would be interested in what others think. The bottle is beautiful. I believe this is a limited edition. As of this writing it is still available at some Bloomingdale's and if not they can still order it from the fulfillment center which comes with a Macy's New York return label.

impdaddee's avatar

Oud For Highness 75 by Krigler

The samples from Krigler arrived, oh the joy! Like Christmas in July.

Yes, it's everything I expected and more, and the other reviewers are bang on.

But, to me, it smells like Dove soap.

It opened with a little wave of beautiful oud, charming and sweetly woody-resinous. Once that pleasant, "Hello! I'm your well-mannered host on this trip, Mr. Oud," was over, the real refinement emerged. Everything was so perfectly balanced it was hard to distinguish the supporting sandalwood from the sweet honeyed saffron from the ambered oud. Perfect, beautiful synergy that was nearly linear after the initial introduction had been made.

But, to me, it smells like Dove soap.

The projection was impeccable. Everyone entering my personal space thought it lovely, and just enough projected into my social space to intrigue. The room was not filled with its vapour, and no noses were assaulted during this test run. Wonderful!

But, to me, it smells like Dove soap.

Longevity was about six hours, with a slow fade to skin level, where it maintained its balance perfectly. Great stuff.

But, to me, it smells like Dove soap. Really, really nice Dove soap. Dove soap for a king. Dove soap made with love. But still Dove soap.

Sigh.

I give it a thumbs up for itself being itself, but I shall never own it

========
    Another try. OMG, this is the most lovely Dove soap I've ever worn! Except it isn't Dove soap at all, and doesn't remind me of soap, really...it's so warm and refined, soothing and calming, just like showering with Dove soap. Subtly sweetened wood and hints of a flower that isn't, tempered by the elegant bittersweet aroma of saffron, it's altogether admirably balanced. It won't satisfy those craving a semi-mystical oud experience, but has a poised dignity that soothes.

18th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 11th August, 2012)

I Love New York for Marriage Equality by Bond No. 9

I am trying a sample this week...

This is a nice spicy warm summer scent with lots of plum and nutmeg similar to Visit by Azzaro (men`s) in the top notes; the heart is full of ginger and the basenotes come up quite quickly with lots of sandalwood and ambery notes.

The whole experience is very pleasant.

Good longevity and sillage.

18th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 21st November, 2012)

flathorn's avatar

Al Oudh by L'Artisan Parfumeur

My reaction was similar to FumeHood - this is a wow fragrance. The cumin wasn't overdone, and combines well with the animalics. It is lightly skanky on me sometimes, other times hardly at all. It's big, bold in the way oud can be bold, and sort of earthily sexy, though not ultimately a sexy fragrance. It takes different notes to hit that button for me. But fortunately, it's not rank. It falls down on the side of being more masculine than feminine, but is perfectly wearable for me.
    I don't have a problem with the fact oud isn't more dominant, even though it's called an oudh. I get a little annoyed, too, when a fragrance seems mis-named because it detracts from the experience of it. But the oud is there, and definitely a player. It's just more part of the mix, and not the star of the show. I'm not sure if there is a 'star' to be named in this fragrance, it being more an ensemble performance.
    But I see why a heads up is given on oud's presence in the name. To me, it's the note that drives this fragrance ultimately. I've tried rose-named fragrances that were more ensemble pieces also, but were built around a rose foundation. That's my feeling with this one.

18th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st March, 2013)

flathorn's avatar

Labdanum 18 / Ciste 18 by Le Labo

I 'get' why some people love this, but also why some are totally underwhelmed. This fragrance is everything that's wonderful about amber - warm, cuddly, powdery, grounding, close to earth, hearth, and security. That's a great set of adjectives, and why amber is consistently loved. I can't diss its raison d'etre. This one does the job.
    On the other side - amber can be boringly one-dimensional and flat if you're not in need of its warm, earthy succor, or if you're not an amber person. I have an 'amber' friend and she loves them all, smells good in them all, and radiates amber.
    But for me, amber needs to do a little more to be able to push my buttons. And that's always been my problem with it - I need a little more complexity layered in or I become bored.
    That is the problem with this amber - just not enough complexity. When ambers are kept at the level of AMBER, they have no where to go but where they are - that niche they inhabit so successfully. I only need to inhabit it every so often - on snowy days sitting inside by the fire, holidays, etc., all the typical amber-ances.
    I notice it's been compared to it's half-sibling Musc Ravageur a lot, and found lacking, primarily in animalics. A fragrance can't be demoted because of lack of animalics - each fragrance has it's own being. But the comparison is irresistible because they have the same father.
    I'm playing a bit of devil's advocate by saying this, because I too prefer Musc Ravageur, and consider it my favorite ambered fragrance. It has so much more going on, and yes, it's sexier, though an amber doesn't need to be that. But amber does lend itself sooo well to that direction, and makes the whole seductive tone very warm and inviting.
    All in all, this is a nice amber. It doesn't necessarily need more sexiness, just more... anything. But it is marketed as labdanum, so one shouldn't really expect more technically. But for me, amber always feels like a base that lacks completion, that begs for accent notes, needs a story line.
    Note: actual labdanum resin (cistis is the essential oil) has a somewhat high, vaguely oud-like, sidenote, which this one lacks, even if it's called by that name. Sonoma's Incense Pure actually has a more realistic labdanum note, and the drydown on that one is almost pure labdanum to me. I don't consider that preferable - it's just interesting how the names don't always end up reflecting the fragrance they're sourcing, but what else is new?

18th July, 2012 (Last Edited: 31st March, 2013)

iris_983's avatar

Serbia Serbia

Miss Dior Chérie (original) by Christian Dior

Miss Dior Cherie is so lovely!
    Fragrance full of life, so joyful and bright, it could be great antidepressant!
    Can't imagine someone wearing MDC and being sad or in a bad mood!
    It's very sweet and creamy, like a candy :)
    I don't actually smell cherries in it, but strawberries.
    My hb (and friends) always says I smell like a drunk when I wear it, but I don't mind. At least I'm a happy "drunk" ;)

Midnight0616's avatar

A*Men / Angel Men by Thierry Mugler

This fragrance is an absolute god amongst men. It's something you really look forward to getting to wear because its such a unique scent and i grab it off my shelf and just smell the cap. Outstanding fragrance.

It starts off with this heavy minty chocolate, that likens itself perfectly to a freshly baked mint chocolate chip cookie. You may not have tried it but you sure know what mint chocolate smells like. Then it changes into a much more manageable cocoa butter and coffee and subtle mint.

There is nothing light about this fragrance, this is a heavy, projecting, longevity king. Say if i was wearing 6 sprays of Bvlgari Black, a fragrance many know, 3 on the neck, one on the chest and each wrist. If i sprayed one spray of this on my hand, it would be all i smell, for a lot longer than Bvlgari too.

I love it, some people dont like the beginning but like the drydown. I think it's all beautiful and a definite try, probably not something to blind buy because it is so unique, but definitely something you have to try because i find it so magnificent.

knit at nite's avatar

Selena Gomez by Selena Gomez

Here's my take on Selena Gomez EDP, after sampling a few times.
    Ay dios mio! Selena Selena, this stuff is nuclear- potent. Also cloying (almost got a head ache and that hasn't happended to me since the Opium and Halston era). Surprisingly, in the way young people usually describe bombastic style scents as "old lady perfumes" this rather fits that bill. I'm a little surprised it got past the marketed age focus group- no, a lot surprised.
    Notes I smelled- First there are the uber-sweet berry notes. Rasberry? Blackberry? "And Dewberry" said the nice SA, it's "Dewberry". I believe I've smelled this note in body sprays, candles and Glade plug-ins. Apparently Dewberrys make super sweet pies and are easier to grow than Blackberries. The berry strength in this product is just so...did I mention nuclear?
    Then the chocolate hits and I get "Angel". For me that's a worse dealbreaker than smelling like a pie. It's taken me years to make peace with the real stuff. Guess Selena's fans like Angel too- they picked the notes, per the marketing campaign.
    None of the other notes came out to play with me. The drydown mellows but it is mostly a continuation of the top/mid. Longevity on my skin was an impressive 9 hours.
    Overall, this EDP breaks no new ground but if you like very very sweet berry and chocolate gourmands, you might like this first offering from Selena Gomez. The EDP would be great in winter but for summer, an EDT version would be welcome. It gets a neutral from me, because it made it through the testing process without scrubbing and I'm not really a gourmand fan. For berries I'll stick to Trish McEvoy Blackberry & Vanille, Molinard Mure, or Silences Purple.

Zut's avatar

Quartz by Molyneux

Quartz is my least favourite Molyneux fragrance. It is a fleuri boisé fruité (fruity woodsy floral) not really a true-blue chypre. Of course, Quartz has some chypre elements amongst it's base notes but it is not as earthy and dark as a typical chypre. The French Dictionnaire des parfums (1982 edition) refers to Quartz as a green floral with fruity accords on a modern chypre base. According to this reference book, the main notes in Quartz are:

Italian green mandarin orange, grapefruit, jasmine, honeysuckle, hyacinth, Singapore patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, Tyrolean oakmoss absolute, North American crush leaves

Fragrances belonging to the fleuri boisé fruité family usually don't make a statement. They are chiefly floral but not as intense as floral bouquet fragrances. They are rather fresh but not as fresh as citrusy hespéridés. The wood notes make these fragrances somewhat drier but they rarely stand out on their own. To me, this olfactory category is nondescript not unlike the more recent "oceanic" family which I don't care for either. As a matter of fact, Quartz reminds me of these new blue "oceanic" juices (without the horrible synthetic components so characteristic of these fragrances). I don't give Quartz a thumbs down rating because it is not really awful and also because it is a quality product. I simply don't find it exciting.

knit at nite's avatar

Vallee des Rois by Mira Takla

OOPS! - I added this to the directory too fast. It was launched in 1988- not 1998.

I came across this beautiful big floral-oriental by accident on a vacation while browsing in Harrods in 1995 and it was love at first sniff! Travel budget smashed with no regret. When I tried to buy VDR again, it had been discontinued. After a worldwide internet search, I managed to located one more bottle from a lovely lady in England. This is the one I'd save in an earthquake.
    VDR is a big scent and could easily overwhelm- but I LOVE it in the "my eyes roll back in my head" type of way. I even love the kitschy blue glass bottle with gold Egyptian touches.

I realize this is more fawning than an actual review of the notes. I'm not good at separating floral notes. When I smelled Chergui for the first time in 2009, I thought the heart has some resinous similarity to VDR. In fact Chergui is the only scent I've come across remotely similar to VDR. Yet, the primary focus in VDR is big flowers first, morphing into resins, finally spices.
    VDR has fabulous longevity and sillage, as is typical of an 80's powerhouse.

Mira Takla is apparently an British Egyptologist of some repute. Why she decided to market a perfume is anyone's guess. If she's got a case of VDR stashed in her basement, she's one lucky woman.

dollars&scents's avatar

Armani Privé Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani

Bois d'Encens by Giorgio Armani - Initially, one is treated to a surge of peppery incense. A pepper triumvirate, consisting of black pepper with its woody and smooth facets, a slight barnyardy, white pepper, as well as a tart, pink pepper, marries with a sumputously resinous frankincense, with its wondrous pine and ever-so-slight, lemon accents. A whisper of juniper berry, with its gin-like aspect, tiptoes here and there. Transitioning to the heart, this thrilling opening is tamed somewhat by a woody vetiver. This genteel vetiver imparts its green freshness with undertones of tobacco and shoe-tree cedar. The frankincense, darkening, diffuses a mystical aura reminiscent of a Roman Catholic High Mass celebration. Cedar leaves, with their menthol-ish character, flutter about subtly. Segueing to the mellowing base, this splendid melange is imbued with an able cedar, which infuses its slightly camphoraceous and balsamic woodiness. And, a luminous frankincense appears lifted by magical salicylate. A captivating drydown ensues. Regrettably, although this composition is masculine and elegant, it remains a skin scent with below-average longevity.

Youth Dew by Estée Lauder

I have a very old bottle of this. It might be older than some of you, dear young members of Basenotes. It’s old. Saying it aloud, it sounds like a putrid bottle of an already hideous fragrance. I promise you, it is better today than it was when I first acquired it.

I got it when I was eighteen (you can probably figure out my age based on my user name, and thus, can extrapolate an age of the bottle); my grandmother gave it to my mother and my mother passed it off to me. When I was in my teens I obsessed on having random bottles of perfume—whether or not I liked the perfume was completely irrelevant. This was one of those bottles. I hated the stuff when I was eighteen but I told my grandmother I loved it. I got in the habit of wearing it whenever I went to visit her and in that time my relationship with Youth Dew progressed from disgust to mellow indifference. Skip ahead about ten years to a forgotten bottle that has sat in cold, dark abandon. Many J’adore and Coco bottles later I’d forgotten about it. Strange, considering it is an unforgettable fragrance.

This is going to sound contradictory but it stinks. I love it but it does reek of something mentholated and heavily medicated—I’ll bet the balsam and various greens are to blame for this. Yet, there is something soothing in that muscle relaxant cream scent. It’s strong and for many, it’s hard to stomach. Luckily, as the years have passed, my aged bottle has lost much of its medicated smell and mellowed to a deep, dark, decadently spiced amber.

Think of this fragrance as a vintage article of clothing—maybe a fuzzy carnation pink cardigan—from the 1950s. It takes a certain kind of man or woman to pull this off. It can be worn with irony or it can be worn with sincerity, in homage to a time passed. I rather fancy myself wearing it with a mix of irony and sincerity. Many comparisons have been made between YD and the spicy orientals of the 1970s and I’d say YD is the forerunner for these perfumes. It is in a class of its own but the similarities are definitely there. This fragrance unfurls ever so slowly, taking measured steps from first spray to last embers of sillage. And, oh, is this ever the sillage bomb!

I refuse to defend Youth Dew’s honor. It’s been around nearly sixty years and needs no words from me to protect its prestigious/infamous name. I do believe everyone should try it at least once, for history’s sake. If you acquire a taste for it, well, so much the better.

photofinish's avatar

Polo by Ralph Lauren

If Ralph Lauren's original 1978 Polo was being reviewed here today, it would easily merit a thumbs up and resounding applause. Its refined, sophisticated coniferous aroma was the embodiment of good taste. It was released during the Golden Age of Perfumery, when cologne actually smelled like cologne, and fragrance manufacturers earned the respect of their customers by producing high quality grooming products.

The new reformulated Polo (currently in production) share's only the name and the bottle design of its predecessor. The intoxicating scent of vintage polo is gone. The scent of the new Polo can be described in two words... " cigar ash".

Welcome to the Dark Age of Perfumery, where classics are mutilated and greed driven companies hype their latest overpriced, watered down, cocoa coffee and fruit cake scented acqua di alcohol masterpiece, cloaked in a gimmicky bottle.

Shedonism by Origins

I can’t say I’ve tried many tiare flower perfumes because, really, I haven’t. I can tell you l’ve sought them out whenever and wherever I could. Usually, I get my tiare flower/monoi oil fix in the form of bath products and lotions. I have picked up a few bottles of tiare flower-centric fragrances over the years and they succeeded in leaving me sated. They did, however, have a common popcorn note in them. I know that’s all part of the tiare flower experience, but it is a little weird. I just don’t want to smell like Hawaiian popcorn!

I found my perfect tiare scent in Shedonism. It is a sweet and satisfying tiare perfume, sans the popcorn undertone. There is a little greenery going on—throw in some indolic jasmine and some barely-there fruity sweetness for good measure—but this is practically a tiare soliflor. It’s creamy, long-lasting, simplistic goodness; it has been my favorite tiare fragrance thus far. It’s also a great fragrance for layering, especially for balmy summer nights. Shedonism + Beachy = world's most amazing summer evening scent, ever.

It has since been discontinued so I do not know what I’ll do with myself once I run out. I’ve written emails to the powers that be at Origins/the Estee Lauder Company. I cannot bear the thought of settling once again for a mediocre tiare scent.

Love and Glamour by Jennifer Lopez

I know there are celebuscent naysayers who turn a stuffed nostril on all that are endorsed by celebrities. I am not one of the naysayers. Even if I despised Jennifer Lopez, I cannot imagine her donning a white lab coat, tinkering with Iso-E-Super and other extracts, and debating the finer points of vintage oakmoss with Gabriela Chelariu as they collaborated on Glow After Dark. At best, I would suppose J. Lo gives a vague description of her dream perfume and, at the end of the creation process, gives a thumbs up or down. So my endorsement or rejection of a celebuscent is unrelated to my feelings for said celebrity. I am all about what’s in the bottle.

Say what you will about any of Jennifer Lopez’s fragrances, they all have one common trait that sets them apart from all other celebuscents: longevity. I like most of J. Lo’s offerings—heck, Miami Glow is a favorite of mine. Love & Glamour does not garner that kind of adoration from me but I do like it a lot. It’s thick with guava and a pinch of sandalwood here and a sprinkling of water lily and musk there. Really, it’s guava juice. I love tropical fruits so it’s a win for me. To smell it, one would think it would be a fleeting fancy of a fruit cocktail but, like most J. Lo offerings, it has some heavy-duty endurance. I find this particular scent to be great for the unforgiving heat and humidity that’s been plaguing Southern California. Lately, it has earnestly won me over. There is no such thing as a ‘safe blind-buy’ but I do believe tropical fruit/guava lovers will not be disappointed with L&G.

Beauxbatons13's avatar

Cashmere Mist by Donna Karan

My mother gave me a sample sized bottle [ the one that looks like the full size except with a plastic topper] in early June. I have to say the first time I tried it I put a little too much onto my wrist and the top notes can be sharp. Trying it a second time, the top notes were still a little sharp, but it dried on the skin nicely. Cashmere is very chic, and reminds me of a very thick white [and probably cashmere] blanket. The scent is sweet, and as it dries down it gets a nice vanilla, with a hint of maple syrup. Overall I enjoyed it and would probably wear this as something for a night in with someone special or a party or gathering around the fall-winter holidays. It's a bit too heavy for me to wear in the summer.

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

City Love by Dueto Parfums

Oh dear, this is one of those hog bliss, utterly subjective loves. What can I say about a perfume that gives the impression that it will put inches on my waistline with just a spray, which revels in a drenched-in-syrup vulgarity, and which is probably as synthetic as nylon? How about: Give it to me.
    It has a humid sultriness in keeping with the ‘urban’ theme; for some reason a speeding cab with agarbattis lit and windows up in Bombay during the monsoon comes to mind. It has a carnal familiarity, breathing down your neck wearing sweet rose attar (and possibly a medallion). There’s also a slight underlying raspberryish fruitiness, an oud note, some candied patchouli and traces of some other woody element (probably the nagarmota mentioned in the notes list).
    There is an ayurvedic treatment in which a thin stream of oil is poured continually over the recipient’s body. Wearing City Love gives the feel of the same being done with rose syrup. Objectively speaking, this would probably be considered a car crash. But I have a sweet tooth and a weakness for guilty pleasures. I may just buckle and get a bottle.

tuittumurmeli's avatar

Finland Finland

No. 19 Poudré by Chanel

I received a bottle as a gift from my SO last autumn. I had, actually, wished for the original No. 19. Alas, I soon learned to love the new edition. Its tone is so caressing, soft and sensual, yet its also very restrained and elegant. Whereas the original No. 19 is to me a fresh, brisk green one and a great perfume by itself, compared to Poudré the original conveys the image of Honoria from the Jeeves and Wooster series: it feels sharp, perky and girl scout like. I do not have anyone casted for Poudré, but although I can find the original's elementary notes from it, Poudré has them veiled behind a chiffon layer of poudery iris. I found myself pairing the Poudré with cashmere knits on icy cold winterdays. Both felt equally soft and tender.

Iheartcologne's avatar

Fougère by Murdock

Clean, fresh, classic & traditional. A perfect fragrance for those who love a quintessential British fragrance, and are partial to a Fougere.

Iheartcologne's avatar

Black Tea by Murdock

I took my boyfriend into Murdock for a traditional wet shave as a present (yes, they do those too!) and was thrilled to find Black Tea in the shop. It's just so spicy and unusual - works well on men and women and has a lovely fade on the skin. I love that on my boyfriend it really brings out the basil, and on me the leather middle note comes out strong. I also love anything with a musk note - so this is perfect. Masculine and lovely.

TXAggie's avatar

Very Sexy for Him by Victoria's Secret

Good scent for everyday/night use but terrible longevity. My wife LOVES it though so I keep it around. I carry a mini spray bottle with me because it requires several applications throughout the day.

teardrop's avatar

England England

Coconut Milk by Sarah Horowitz Parfums

This is a soft, sweet, vanilla-coconut with smooth floral undertones, all blended to produce an overall effect of warm skin anointed with suntan oil. lt gets stronger & more floral over the first hour as it warms on the skin, reminding me of a mellower version of Monyette Paris, without the burnt sugar notes. lt continues in this vein, fading to a skin scent after around six hours.
    lf you love tropical, beachy fragrances but find Monyette a little too much, l highly recommend you try this sweet, fun & comforting scent.

CoL's avatar

Eau Pure by Space NK

Now this is different! Watery in a non calone way, just smells very natural to my nose, I also get hints of strawberry. It reminds me of a mainstream version of S-EX by by S-perfume. This along with Citrina are both extremely unisex. I often wonder why companies don't take advantage of this but maybe women are less likely to buy a unisex scent. Who knows but the stats would be very interesting!

It's also down from £25 for 50ml to £5!! So I bought, ahem, 12. Well you got free delivery over £60!

TheFashionBugs's avatar

Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

I love this scent. Very clean, Summery and manly. Even Jack Kerouac would have worn it!

BLAQ's avatar

Green Irish Tweed by Creed

4 oz. Blind buy, Serial #: A3211U01

Play this song - (Flowers by Nujabes) and read my review.

So my beloved package of Green Irish Tweed 4 arrived a day earlier than expected. (Today)

There are an overwhelming number of reviews on GIT that you can find, the majority of which claim that it is the be all end all scent. I was compelled to try it because after extensive review reading for my other Creed buy, I wanted to see if Creed had another excellent scent to offer.

I'm a noob, no fronting, I only own about eight fragrances now, and only recently have I really started smelling for any notes in particular, so I urge you to take my words with a grain of salt.

When I sprayed the first full spray of GIT, this song began playing in my head, because it's like you are thrown into not a pit, but a mountain of flowers. Describing it as the scent of the morning does not do it justice. It's fresher, more powerful, and aromatic than morning dew. Unfortunately, that is probably the closest you will get to a description of GIT without smelling it.

The first fifteen minutes, the citrusy lemon really takes you in. Seriously. I thought the Aventus Pineapple, Black XS Strawberry, and L'Eau D'Issey pour Homme citrus were good, but god damn, this lemon was delicious. It only lasted for a depressing fifteen minutes, MAX, though. Thumbs down here.

But the flowers. Are you listening to that song yet?! It's been about an hour and the flowers, I honestly cannot differentiate among flowers according to their scents, but I will visit a botanical garden and then add to this review. I think the flowers smell ridiculously fresh. As if you've just sprinkled water on them and then put a whole bouquet to your face.

I am also getting a sea salt aroma that is really fantastic and reminds me of a seaside villa. Probably the sandalwood mixing with the ambergris? I don't know, but I can only smell this if I'm an inch from my wrist.

Three hours now, flower power to the max, smells exactly as it did three hours ago, minus that delicious lemon, wtf! I guess that's how they get you to spray more..

And a final note. These flowers aren't by any means feminine. They dwell in the gray area but the fragrance as a whole smells exudes masculinity. It's not a sweet flower scent, but a pure, "You there, this is what fresh flowers smells like," scent.

I can definitely see myself wearing this anywhere: work, driving around, shopping, lecture, weddings, funerals, church, eating out, etc. Pretty much anywhere BUT the gym. I feel that it would not really "work," for you when you are trying to squat 400. But I guess if you're a female it would be okay. (Sexism much?) I say this because I associate flowers with sophistication/tranquility, not with me sweating like a pig with veins bulging out of my temples trying to pump my final rep with a behemoth yell. But whatever floats your boat, I don't think anyone would be upset with you wearing this at the gym. It's just too safe. Almost to the point where I would call this a daily/go-to scent. It's not too exciting other than that crazy lemon, but after 15 mins, you will smell like pure flowers and green.

Been about three and a half hours, still smell like #post-15 mins. Great scent. 8/10.

CoL's avatar

Oud by Maison Francis Kurkdjian

This is THE best oud fragrance available. Like all of Francis' work, it's just breathtaking. Expensive but sooo worth it!