Latest Perfume Reviews

Baptême du Feu by Serge Lutens

It’s the final moments before the band appears on stage. I’m right at the front and I can feel the tension in the air as the crowd pulsates restlessly behind me. We’ve all been waiting too long and now it feels like something is about to happen. I taste metal in my mouth. The air crackles with the peppery smell of dry ice. Through it all, I can smell the aftershave of the man next to me and I wonder if he’s wearing Insensé, because it’s sharp but also floral. I don’t know whether I feel threatened or excited.

This is what Baptême du Feu smells like to me.

Technically, my nose tells me it’s a curl of orange peel smoking on a Bunsen burner, overlaid with a dry, grey haze of gunpowder. But the atmosphere the perfume creates is more than the sum of its parts. There’s a dry, throat-catching quality to the pepper and ginger that feels like it might burn your lungs if you inhale too deeply. There is both ash and metal floating in this strange mixture, like the aftermath of an industrial accident.

The gunpowder calls to mind bonfires, fairgrounds, and dark clubs vibrating with sexual promise and danger. It’s a gun or a round of fireworks freshly discharged, and the tense moment right after when people don’t know how to react.

In a way, Bapteme du Feu reminds me a bit of 540 Baccarat Rouge, if only in its strange, sweet-peppery supersonic radiance that is actually very hard to define in words. 540 Baccarat Rouge is supposed to smell like crushed rubies, and successful or not (I say not), it does manage to put across something of that very abstract idea.

Bapteme du Feu is similarly abstract. Whether it succeeds or not depends less on its technical construction and more on the feeling it is able to summon up inside of each individual wearer. It’s a half of a perfume, then, just lying there waiting to be picked up and made into something whole by you supplying the other half of the equation: your imagination. In me, it conjures up a memory of a club or the excitement I felt when standing in the center of a press of bodies, dry ice flowing around me. This vision is half me, half the perfume.

Unfortunately, the atmosphere captured so vividly in the topnotes does not hold together for very long. The fragrance starts to fade out into a very sweet, almost candied note, exposing a standard chemical exoskeleton, the usual base I’d expect from a designer perfume, not a niche one (although I’m getting used to that too).

On the upside, it’s nowhere near the level of Iso E Super or Ambroxan pain I suffer in stuff like Sauvage or even Lutens’ own L’Orpheline. It’s comfortably worked in, whatever it is. I just think that it’s too plain a material – this radiance-giving molecule – to carry a perfume like this all the way.

I’m not sure that Bapteme du Feu is quite the return to form that people were hoping for from Oncle Serge, but it’s as strange and as atmospheric as some of his earlier work such as Mandarin Mandarine and La Myrrhe. Running counter to what many people expect from a Lutens, it has no syrupy, dried-fruit sweetness at all. It is as bone dry as Chene or Gris Clair, with a side of burnt orange peel. Despite the ginger note, there is no relation to 5 O’ Clock Au Gingembre beyond a sharp, citrusy aftershave-like nuance I pick up in both.

I recommend at least a sample to see if your imagination provides the spark that lights this particular tube of gunpowder. I think it’s an interesting, slightly challenging perfume that doesn’t go out of its way to be sweet or playful or even particularly pleasing. And in the face of so many dull and commercially pretty fragrances out there, this makes Bapteme du Feu a Good Thing indeed.

L'Attesa by Masque

Luca Turin thinks that L’Attesa, the newest fragrance from Masque, composed by Luca Maffei, is the best iris fragrance on the market today. It allows, he says, the normally ephemeral iris butter to shine without being bullied by other, stronger notes, but doesn’t denature it so totally as to render it pale and bloodless.

For what it's worth, I agree. L’Attesa pulls off a remarkable balancing act. The iris butter is fleetingly rooty at the top, reminiscent of the iris in Iris Silver Mist, but with a buttery, floral aspect that rids the iris of any raw potato alcohol facets that many people (myself included) find so challenging in the Serge Lutens.

It develops into a rounded, slightly powdery, slightly doughy iris note that denotes pure luxury. In terms of purity, I could mention Irisss by Xerjoff, but since L’Attesa lacks the moist carrot/violet nuance of Irisss, I don’t quite think that’s it. Irisss has a cool, creamy sweetness to it; L'Attesa is tart and almost beery.

The beery note would be the “champagne” listed in the notes, which comes off as both sour and strangely inviting, like yeasty gasses emanating from bread dough on its second proving.

It effervesces around the iris, making it as buoyant as a raspberry in a glass of bubbly. The lifting effect of the champagne accord would make me think there could also be aldehydes at work here but for the fact there is no hint of soapiness or anything metallic. Still, that tart, sour lift to the iris butter is amazing. It lends a sort of exuberance to the opening, a sense of excitement that recalls the “pulling the tab on a soda” effect of Iris Poudre, but without that scent’s slightly rough, chemical-woody undertow.

To my nose, though, the bergamot in L’Attesa plays almost as important a role as the iris and the yeast accord. The bergamot oil used here has a glossy, citric bitterness that cuts through the buttery texture of the iris and turns the dial on its color wheel from somber grey to a greenish-yellow. It sets the tone for the entire fragrance; bright, sharp, tart.

It also makes me think of the Chanel irises, notably 31 Rue Cambon, with its icy, bergamot-drenched iris, and No. 18, with its olive-green, Vermouth-like one. Additionally, the No. 18 has a distinct bread-like note, as does L’Attesa. Don’t take this to mean that they smell alike, because they don’t – just that there are parallels here between the classic Chanel treatment of iris and the Masque one.

The base - well, it's hardly the point of the fragrance. L'Attesa fades out in a genteel fashion, simply growing more ghostly as the day goes on. There is a vaguely woody-leathery feel to the bottom of this, but it's ephemeral and hazy, and I'm not really getting the full flavor of the oakmoss and the sandalwood that's listed. But I think that goes back to the dilemma that Luca Turin mentioned in relation to perfumers working with iris, in that it's difficult to choose notes to go with the iris that won't drown out its wispy delicacy. So L'Attesa bows out gracefully, like an actress who knows that two encores are more than enough; it would be greedy to ask for more.

All in all, I think L’Attesa is stunning, and if you’re an iris lover, you won’t want to miss out on it. It features a remarkably pure, buttery iris that leans more towards that luxurious, new-Bugatti leather smell than towards violets, lipstick, root vegetables, or face powder, but it’s also far from an iris soliflore, with a significant presence of bergamot, neroli, and that “champagne” accord. Refined and easy to wear, I think this is far less challenging to wear than my personal favorite from Masque, Romanza, and could be signature scent worthy for the avid iris lover.

Égoïste / L'Égoïste by Chanel

My husband came to me the other day and told me that he’d seen Burberry Touch for Men for €20 at a local pharmacy and was thinking of getting it. I held my hand up in the universal sign language of “Lemme Stop You There”, remembering the last time he bought perfume on his own (Dior Sauvage, oh the horror, the HORROR), and glumly handed him over a big bottle of Egoiste. “You wear men’s perfumes?” he asked me, confused.

Yes, husband. Yes, I do. When perfumes are as good as Egoiste, women will purloin them and claim them as their own. He doesn’t even know about my Dior Homme Intense habit yet.

Anyway, the great thing about my act of supreme generosity is that Egoiste now lives in our downstairs loo, where it gets splashed on with gay abandon onto the husband, me (whenever I go in there), and my two children upon whom I use it as a body spray. The very act of bringing it out into the light has meant that we are all currently luxuriating in the fabulousity of Egoiste.

Egoiste opens with a tight little nubbin of spice, its mandarin orange oil, cinnamon, rose, and lemon notes swirling together to form an effervescent coca-cola accord that never fails to lift the spirits. Sometimes the rose becomes very big, sometimes I barely notice it, as I think it knits itself into the smooth rosewood and tobacco very cleverly.

The new version is definitely weaker and thinner than how I remember it smelling in the late 1990’s, when I recall it being a big hit with several boyfriends. To my nose, the tobacco has been amped up, and it is the crumbling, dusty sort that can smell a little like earth and dried leaves – similar to the tobacco note in Journey Man.

Thank God, though, that the sandalwood in the drydown is still the rich, sweet, spicy gingerbread sandalwood that I love so much in Bois des Iles and Mona di Orio Vanille. Before I moved from Montenegro to Ireland last summer, I sent all my perfumes on ahead of me (strapped to donkeys, over the Alps), and I found I missed my sandalwoods the most. My Egoiste is therefore a bottle I bought in Montenegro a week before I left, procured solely to give me comfort during that tumultuous time of my life, and I clung to it despite the sweltering 40 degree heat. Of course, reunited with my perfumes back in Ireland, I kind of forgot about Egoiste. Until now.

Longevity is ok – about 4 hours and definitely not as strong or as rich as the older versions. It’s perfect for men AND WOMEN who love big, spicy woods perfumes with a coca cola twang and a creamy drydown. For me, it’s pure cold weather comfort in a bottle.

Immortelle de Corse by L'Occitane

I’m a big immortelle fan, to the extent that I grow it in my garden and own decants or samples of pretty much every perfume iteration of the note. To me, it smells in turn of delicious hay, tea, leather, maple syrup, honey, booze, curry, and sometimes dried grass. It is not a simple, one-dimensional smell, so that’s why I think it’s not redundant to own more than one fragrance that features it.

Initially, Immortelle de Corse smells like whiskey mixed with Acacia honey. The rich booziness that rolls off the topnotes remind me somewhat of the Scottish whiskey note in Like This, which also features immortelle, but with less smoke and gingerbread, and more of a simple, liquid honey.

There is a maple syrup-like chewiness to the honey that’s pitched halfway between amber and burned sugar, but the accord never comes off as heavy or sickly. Immortelle can be slightly cloying, but here the potential clinginess of the maple-honey note has been cut with notes of black tea, which introduce air and smoke.

There is also a dry, powdery iris evident in the drydown, which joins with the delicious smell of sun-baked hay and benzoin to make you think of lazy harvest afternoons, smoking on a shady veranda and looking contentedly at all the haystacks you’ve just built. Basically, it’s a cornucopia of harvest smells – wine must, honey, booze, hay, and tea.

Longevity is great – about 6 hours on me, when it fades into a leafy, curried warmth that is pure immortelle. The kind of person I see enjoying this would be a fan of other autumn harvest fumes such as Botrytis, Volutes, and 1270.

Coriolan by Guerlain

Coriolan is notable for its development. As the top notes fade, a beautiful mid emerges. I'm slightly conflicted about it, as if it has an ingredient I don't really like, more prominent in the opening, that is overcome by other ingredients I love, more prominent in the mid and base. The overall effect is impressive, a beautiful, captivating smell, definitely something I would feel confident wearing routinely in the office; a smell that I think would grow on me more over time, and would grow on the people around me; a distinctive smell that would be memorable and recognizable, a signature-scent type of fragrance.

Salvador Dali pour Homme by Salvador Dali

Stardate 20161028:
Vintage Version

A dark animalic scent that reminds me of the forests in tim burton movies.
Moss, fir, decay,mint,smoke - it has all

A must for every perfumista

Oud Malaki by Chopard

This smells like a fragrance marketed as oud, but equal parts spices, other woods, and menthol. As it develops, it smells more fruity, floral, and the base is pleasantly sweet ambery woods with the oud note barely detectable, reminiscent of the base of Trumper's Sandalwood Cologne or Egoiste.

Z Zegna Milan by Ermenegildo Zegna

This is interesting and a million miles away from Zegna's original Z fragrance.

It's a very dry woody fig with some smoke and a touch of sweetness. Unusually for a fig fragrance, it is not paired with any sort of coconut, or vanilla, or other fruit. The representation of fig here appears to encompass the whole fig tree, rather than just the fruit and/or leaves. In that respect it is unique, however on my skin it does remind me of something that I wish I could recall (but not necessarily another fig fragrance).

Although there are only 3 notes listed above, it certainly seems to have additional notes other than just those listed. I can absolutely detect a very specific smoke note that wouldn't ordinarily come from either fig, clary sage, or sandalwood (unless you were burning sandalwood incense). I also clearly detect an amberish (not ambergris) resinous quality to the drydown that appears to come from either Labdanum, benzoin, or even myrrh. I guess it could be sandalwood, but not how I would ordinarily recognize it.

Longevity for an EDT is average to moderate at about 6 or 7 hours and projection is fairly soft. While I can smell it on myself quite clearly, when I asked a work colleague what she thought of it, she did need to come pretty close to detect it. She liked it well enough but commented that it was quite soft.

Overall, this is a very pleasant (if a bit unusual) new scent from Zegna and appears to be a bit of a departure from its usual non-Essenze line. If like me you are a fig lover, I would suggest getting your hands on a tester to try this out. If however you don't like fig, I would stay well away.

Mayotte / Mahora by Guerlain

Frangipani and tuberose - a simple but surprisingly well suited floral combination - freshened up with a good dash of neroli with a nigh herbal whiff: This triad together forms too notes that not only are beautiful together, but quite unique - an opening with an original result; a feat not commonly found in a mainstream fragrance. The opening with a sheer delight.

In the drydown the floral side takes over, with a rich ylang-ylang in the foreground and an pleasant wood/jasmine as accompaniment. Throughout all this time, the tuberose permeates them all; not a fat or waxy tuberose, but the lighter, brighter and more elegant variety. Even is the base the result is a touch original at times.

The main addition towards the latter phases is a pleasant, fairly restrained tonka that is of moderate sweetness and never heavy or cloying. Never is this comparison really very sweet.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a very impressive thirteen hours of longevity on my skin.

This spring creation, suitable for cooler days and evenings, is well blended with interesting twists and very good performance. Whilst conspicuously lacking any true Guerlinade, it is nonetheless a well executed creation in the tradition of this brand. 3.5/5.

Chambre Noire by Olfactive Studio

I was very surprised at this scent. I expected something leathery and perhaps a bit animalic. I actually found it to be powdery & musty. It reminded me of Guerlain's Mitsouko a fragrance, like many early Guerlain's that I find extremely unpleasant.

La Yuqawam pour Homme by Rasasi

This is a style of leather fragrance that was made popular by the original Helmut Lang Cuiron with its dry raspy leather with hints of tobacco leaf which gives it more of a suede feel. More leathery than Cuiron, but without any of the petrochemicals or animalic harshness of "big leathers" like Knize Ten, Hard Leather or African Leather. I guess the smell is suede more than a hard polished leather, and so Luqawam pour Homme has a very bold leathery but suede aroma as opposed to the very light suede leather fragrances on the market (Suedois, Cuiron). This is a bold suede leather. I don't know exactly how they get to this leather but I suspect it has saffron, maybe ambrette in there somewhere, possibly tobacco oil too. I have heard references to Tom Ford Tuscan Leather and a similarity exists, but in my view this Rasasi La Yuqawam leather is bolder than TF Tuscan Leather, has less raspberry note, and is a rounder, deeper and fuller expression of leather suede fragrance. It is also similar to Aqua di Parma Leather but I think I like this one more.

Let's talk value for a moment. This fragrance is one third the price of Tom Ford, half the price of AdP Leather and in my view smells better. The bottle design, the wooden box it comes in, magnetic closed lid and presentation and finish in general are also far superior to Tom Ford or AdP Leather. I like that for a value proposition. How do they do that? All in, its a super value and an excellent choice for a leather fragrance. The only downside or negative I can think of is if you already have a bottle of the highly hyped Tom Ford or AdP Leather then acquiring this one is clearly excessive duplication as they are very similar. If you don't have those, try this!

Vanilla Bourbon Intense by Dawn Spencer Hurwitz

This is a well balanced and slightly bitter IMO. It has a great blend of vanilla and patchouli. This isn't an over the top super sweet vanilla at all so I think it is very unisex in that respect. I would recommend a try before you buy ($75 US for 30 ml in the EDP strength). If you are a fan of vanilla scents this is for you for sure due to the vanilla lasting from start to finish. ENJOY!

Ore by Slumberhouse

Ore by Slumberhouse is one of the strongest and longest lasting scents I have had the pleasure to experience. From start to finish it is amazing. Sweet? Yes. Too sweet? Not at all. Just enough sweetness to bring out the deep and resinous wood notes that makes this a tremendous scent to be enjoyed. The best part of the experience is the dry down which is absolutely amazing.... sweet, resinous "pine tree" wood note (to my nose at least) which would be the Peru balsam. A complete winner. For the price $150ish for 30ml is steep so try before you buy. ENJOY!

Idole de Lubin by Lubin

Stardate 20161027:

A cola accord, a booze note and some sweetness and spices. And no that is not a recipe of a cocktail but a making of a masterpiece.
The only fragrance that has earned my 5 star rating FWTW ;).
And don't be fooled by its clone threads, there is nothing like it out there.
Now that EDT is discontinued, get the EDP. Differences are minimal.

Armani Eau pour Homme by Giorgio Armani

Stardate 20161027:
Vintage Version (Black Bottom):

This screams Italian from the very first spray.
A bridge between classic Eau de Cologne (1916, 4711) and classic barbershop (Tuscany, APH).
You can smell both in it and if you try not to smell either (sorta like sniff squit) you get a new type of fragrance that is manly and soft.
I would urge you to try this. You will not be unhappy

Portos by Balenciaga

Gorgeous spicy leathery fougere from the 80's with that "old school" drydown.

Great longevity!

Now discontinued but try it if you can find it!

Purple Fantasy by Guerlain

The opening notes is a fresh-fruity blast, peaches, apricot with a touch or bergamot, and enhanced by an overarching but thin layer of Japanese sencha green tea, with a slightly roasted kocha tea and a Darjeeling vibe shining through at times. A pleasant start of the purple voyage.

The drydown brings on sweeter moments, with jasmine in the foreground and given depth by a coconut aroma that is lashed with a woodsy undertone. There is an attempt of sandalwood hat is too bland and synthetic to excite one's olfactory receptors. In the base this mix shifts to develop a more sweetish-creamy character. It is never intrusive or restrained and exudes an overall well-behaved elegance.

I get moderate sillage, very god projection and a splendid fifteen hours of longevity on me.

This spring or autumn scent - good for day and for evening - is well crafted and performs convincingly, but the ingredients are of a somewhat too generic nature and lack colour and vibrancy. Still, pleasant and agreeable it is indeed. 2.75/5.

Angel: Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler

This is NAUGHTY!

It's got a really pronounced animalic honey/beeswax note. But that seems to have taken the place of some of the patchouli, and I find this version to be smoother and more...intimate isn't exactly the word, but it's lower key. Certainly it smells like a perfume, and basically like Angel, but the honey note gives it a skanky, worn-in feeling that I realize my favorites like Shalimar Ode a la Vanille and Tom Ford's Noir Pour Femme also have. These are perfumes that don't care if I like them, while the original Angel is trying HARD.

The feeling of nonchalance is something I usually associate with the great ones from Guerlain and Chanel. It's like a magic French trick - how can something as drop-dead elegant as No. 5 Eau Premiere or the old Cristalle (or an ancient Hermes bag) just work its way into basically any situation and always be right? But these things just ARE. I think the magic runs deep into the culture, and you can't put it on like an affectation, though you CAN wear the perfume. And I do.

This flanker isn't elegant like that, but it's sure delicious. The pineapple isn't to be feared - it's caramelized, like in pineapple upside down cake, and works with the warmth of the other notes rather than going all tart froot.

Lasts forever, and the fun part is that once it settles in, it smells like you put it on the day before and had a late night.

Hubar Show all reviews

Jones New York by Jones New York

Beautiful fragrance, though I agree that mostly the florals come through Jasmine & White Rose are dominant on me. I definitely get Lime & Mandarin with hint of peach with sandalwood noticeable in background. Even though I've had this scent for quite a while as of year 2016 it doesn't seem to have changed as it is still how I remember from many years ago.

1916 by Myrurgia

Stardate 20161026:

A traditional Eau de Cologne. Nicely done. Better than many out there.
As mentioned by others longevity is EdC type so dont expect it to last a work day
At the price it is going for ($5/oz vintage) a no brainer.

Kimonanthe by Diptyque

Kimonanthe is Diptyque at both its best and its worst. On the one hand, this is the most compelling scent they’ve issued in years; on the other, it exemplifies the age-old department store trick of the shiny facade with questionable substance. This scent smells fantastic for the first hour or so but a tad generic after that. What it comes down to is the fact that Diptyque is a mass-production brand with wide distribution, so using materials of notable character or quality is out of the question. What the brand does well, though, is invest their budget in perfumers who know how to make the most out of basic synthetics like ambroxan (that powered their previous release) and the sandalwood synths that dominate this one. The 34 Collection — supposedly the up-scale scents of the line — are simply tossing in a mid-tier natural here and there, cranking the concentration from ‘weak’ to ‘acceptable,’ and using that as justification to market the scent as something it’s not. I own a few Diptyque bottles and for as well-blended as they are, they tend to fall short in other critical areas.

Having said all that, this one is worth your time, even if it’s just for the first couple of hours that it’s on your skin. It’s an encapsulating smoky tea scent with a milky apricot thread running throughout. It smells scarily close to Slumberhouse’s Jeke, only less punishing and without any of the natural absolutes that make Jeke such a wall. It also riffs on Kiste by the same brand, borrowing the metallic tea accord quite literally. The main difference is that Jeke’s clove note is missing, replaced instead with an osmanthus accord that reads as somewhat peach-like (the Kiste similarity). The effect is that for a couple of hours, Kimonanthe is a monolithic, smoky, fascinating tea perfume with hints of an oriental structure. It smells great upfront: unique (unless you’ve smelled the Slumberhouse scents its riffing on), balanced, and comforting. What’s disappointing — but understandable given the mass-produced nature of the brand — is that the remainder of the ride is entry-level stuff: a well-constructed but mundane synthetic woody amber with a touch of earthy patchouli and cedar. Once I’d smelled the base, I couldn’t not detect it in the opening when reapplying. For fans of Osmanthe Yunnan looking for something more bodied, this is very different — it’s far more opaque and more about smokey tea than glassy apricot. However, for those who found Jeke to be a bit too claustrophobic, this offers a more commercial alternative.

La Rose Jacqueminot by Coty

La Rose Jacqueminot is nice. It smells modern, not dated; a fruity, creamy, floral perfume, and it's easy to wear. I think I may smell a note in common with Chanel No. 19.

Aramis by Aramis

Probably because I was enamored in the Dior Eau Sauvage in the 60's, my first recollection of this had me dismiss it as a "Brash" concoction made for an American market. By the early 70's I was taken by Givenchy Gentleman's civet driven Patchouli European brashness.
Turned my nose up at Aramis for years. I was lucky enough to pick up a sample from the 80's that is quite enjoyable.
I'll still wear Cabochard or Lauder for Men or the other Lauder bitter greens instead.

Spice and Wood by Creed

Stardate 20161026:

This is one of the few Creeds that I like. It is a nice synthetic fragrance that has the Creed signature base (kinda like Aventus Base).
There is some spice but gets drowned in the synthetic fruit.
I would recommend it if you have the moolah.

Shooting Stars: Nio by Xerjoff

This makes me think of 4711 cologne, only with way bigger cajones. And waaaaay better lasting power. This has such a lovely fresh, cool feel to it. Zesty, zingy bergamot, tempered by the warmth of the amber, sweetened ever so slightly by the jasmine and with a delicious kick from the cardamom and pink pepper – so, so good. Imagine you’re hiking up a thickly wooded mountain; the trees tower overhead, you can see the sun peeking through the canopy, can feel its warmth, but on the ground, the last lingering bits of the early morning mist swirl around your feet as you walk. The air feels cool and fresh on your hot face as you hike higher and higher, and then you find it – a sparkling pool of crystal clear, ice-cold water, fed from a spring further up the mountain. You scoop up a big handful of water and splash it on your face, enjoying the way it makes your skin tingle, then you eagerly gulp down handful after handful, feeling its coolness all the way down. That’s what this makes me feel like – it’s so deliciously cool and fresh and bracing. Damn this is good. This is destined to remain on my wish list though – the price is a tad scary.

Habit Rouge Dress Code by Guerlain

An orangey citrus, freshened up with whiffs of neroli and endowed with a rather nonspecific floral undertone. This is quite a pleasant mix of top notes, but on my skin they are not particularly memorable.

The drydown adds a very subdued spicy backgound notes, which is combined with a somewhat generic woodsy layer that, again, reeks of unexciting but agreeable pleasantness.

Later on, after a rather forgettable attempt at a leather impression, the base announces itself by parading a sweetish tonka impression that constitutes the core chord; together with whiffs of cocoa powder, at times still linked to the restrained background spiciness, they set the tone for the second half of the development.

The performance is impressive, with moderate sillage, excellent projection and a superb longevity of thirteen hours on my skin.

A sweetened autumnal gourmandised and rather synthetic flanker that is quite generic overall and really does not do great credit to the original, at least not the original vintage pre-LVMH version. 2.75/5.

Oud Stars : Al-Khatt by Xerjoff

A fruity + jasmine (indolic) + barnyard smell. Excellent stuff.

I first put it on, I found it okay.

BUT!.. shortly after, wow! Awesome fragrance, and I was sold based on the sample. Got a full bottle shortly after.

Probably my favorite Xerjoff so far.

Cabochard by Grès

For those that find Tuberose laden Bandit a little hard to take, Cabochard provides the Leathery Bitter Green delight. The Rose, especially in Vintage is extraordinarily and beautifully set against an Oakmoss canvas.

Santal Noble by Maître Parfumeur et Gantier

Even though they only have one note in common, for some reason Santal Noble reminds me of Cadavre Exquis, except Santal Noble is a much less ‘in your face’ fragrance. Thinking I might be losing my mind, I asked my husband to smell each of them and he agreed that there is a similarity, but the Santal Noble was much more restrained. Spiced vanilla coffee and sandalwood with a big dash of patchouli, warmed up by the amber. This is good stuff.
25th October, 2016

#3 Notes of Cabernet by Kelly & Jones

Notes of Cabernet? In this juice are there specific Cabernet notes or just "wine/alcohol" notes? I would say it is a berry type smell which overall is well done and does a good job of smelling of Cabernet without having an "alcohol wine smell" coming from your skin. I would say it leans WAY more feminine than male or unisex IMO. Longevity 5 hours projection maybe 2 hours. Overall a slight thumbs up. Enjoy!
25th October, 2016