Reviews

Negative Reviews of Gold Woman by Amouage

I fall into the "loathe" category for this fragrance. I respect that it's a beautifully done floral, but I think the frankincense and myrrh notes are too strong for me to enjoy it. To my nose, anything with strong notes of those just ends up smelling like soap! I know I'm in the minority here, but I just can't wear it. I wanted to, but hey, at least I don't have to buy it now..

27th March, 2011
Amouage Gold was presented in the Amouage shop in Muscat, Oman, as the flag ship of the entire Amouage line.
I was disappointed. I don't like Amouage Gold. It has a very sharp and pungent scent and smells very very chemical. It smells like a sharper and more pungent copy of one of the by-products (eau de toilette / shower gel / ....) of Chanel 5. It smelled like an expensive toilet spray to me, one that I definitely not even would choose for that purpose.
04th December, 2010
Gold smells like powder and aldehydes and has a plasticky muteness to it, like hitting your nose against a wall. I get a soapy taste in my mouth when I inhale it. Other than that, it's... floral? Green floral? But not a modern cool, aquatic and citrusy green floral, a really old-fashioned warm, powdery and spicy green floral, positively drenched in aldehydes. Very far from golden, this scent is blindingly white.
20th August, 2008

If ever there was a cloying "old lady" smelling concoction - this is it! I just don't 'get' all the hype of this Amouage brand. I have also tried 3 of their other fragrances and find them all very off-putting. This goes for Ciel, Dia, and Silver. Each one oily, heavy, overpowering. These perfumes smell like something one would wear as a potent attempt to cover an unwanted odor. Disgusting.
02nd June, 2006 (last edited: 17th April, 2008)