Negative Reviews of Anné Pliska by Anné Pliska

Find out more about Anné Pliska by Anné Pliska in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

scenttastic's avatar

After reading all of the glowing reviews of this perfume on this and other scent websites, I almost bought a full bottle. It has all of the base-notes that I love in all my other perfumes, and I thought, why not? Common sense prevailed, however, and I bought a sample instead. Boy am I glad I did. I would love to see (smell?) what this smells like on other people, because on me it is vile. All I got was an overpowering blast of bergamot for the first hour, which settled only very slightly - I didn't get any mandarin or orange at all. Then I started to get small, powdery whiffs (the vanilla and musk coming through?), with a slightly metallic tang. Two and a half hours later, the bergamot was still going strong and was still pretty much overpowering everything else, but with an unpleasant, sharp, almost bitey/antiseptic edge - kind of like the air-fresheners cabbies use over here. Three hours later and I gave up - I liked the powdery whiffs, but the overpowering smell of bergamot just killed this for me. I had to scrub it off, and it took a few tries to get rid of it. I've seen reviews comparing this to Shalimar - I can't figure out why, as they're nothing alike. I've tried Shalimar a few times and it's lovely, and have had people ask me what perfume I'm wearing and telling me it smells fantastic. No comparison as far as I'm concerned - Shalimar beats this one hands down. If anyone wants my sample, I'm happy to swap it for something else.

15 February, 2014

Scented Susan's avatar

It's like Shalimar Cologne (not the lovely parfum) mixed with Obsession with a note of ...well, my friend says cat pee, but maybe "play dough" as one reviewer noted, or sharp sharp something else --very sharp. Edgy. for someone who wants to be asked what the heck that smell is. Defintely unisex.

24 September, 2008