Neutral Reviews of W by Banana Republic

Find out more about W by Banana Republic in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

awesomeness's avatar

Banana Republic W (BRW) is a very pleasant, light, slightly powdery, green floral. I don't get bug spray on top, but I do get about 5 minutes of urine, yes urine. It passes, and after that BRW is a fresh & citrusy office-appropriate everyday fragrance. It's a modern green that's best for spring or summer, I think.

I like my florals bold or light, and BWR fits the latter group. There's a white floral that's just a tad irritating to me when I wear it on my skin. Maybe Honeysuckle or Lily of Valley, or the combination of both? I don't get the same irritation when BRW is applied to a card. Amazing longevity on a card, btw - nearly a week later, still there - clear, bright, & clean.

BRW is something that seems appropriate for warmer weather, but for me it's not due to that white floral. However, BRW could be a go-to floral fragrance in the winter for me. It has enough green pep to brighten gray skies but enough depth to withstand cooler temps.

BRW reminds me of Alliage/Aliage, only a lighter, more floral version. You have to have the right chemistry to pull both off, imo. Thankfully I do - Alliage in summer, BRW in winter.

BRW is one of the few florals that I own. Obtained it in a swap, nearly 100ml full. Haven't decided if I will replace if (when) gone. Odds are, I'll probably swap it out.

12 September, 2010

ubuandibeme's avatar

I'm not in agreement with the previous commentaries. For me, "W" is clean & green! Initially it smells soapy. Not like violet soapy...more like a childs plastic bottle of blowing bubble solution, gently clean. Green is the main character of fragrance here. Very uncomplicated, somewhat sharp, basic & plain. I imagine people who don't typically enjoy personal fragrance may like this for it's simple freshness. My own tastes don't run in this direction, as this scent is neither appealing nor appalling.

11th July, 2007

TurkishRose's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Nice enough. It smells like pencil sharpenings.

13 May, 2007