Positive Reviews of W by Banana Republic

Find out more about W by Banana Republic in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sherapop's avatar

It's a good thing that an upside-down W is an M, because Banana Republic W is a fullfledged unisex scent. This is a refreshing floral citrus with a demeanor somewhere between Bond no 9 EAU DE NEW YORK and NEW YORK FLING. It's quite nice, I must say, although W is on the light side. I'm actually a bit baffled as to why this perfume is being marketed to women, as it is every bit as appropriate for men. In fact, it lies exactly at the midpoint between feminine and masculine fragrances, with a complete ambiguity that makes it perfect for both. Not too flowery, and not too cologne-y, W offers a perfect balance that wears very well in hot weather.

02 July, 2011 (Last Edited: 09 July, 2011)

Jemimagold's avatar

This is a "holy grail" fragrance for me and is one I return to time after time despite having a number of other way more expensive perfumes on my perfume shelf. I will even admit to stockpiling it! I fear that BR will discontinue it and so I have 3 full bottles of it in my fridge and a number of the minis scattered around. As other reviewers have noted, "W" is a great classic yet modern white floral. When I wear it or spray it in my house, it gives me that "calm, competent, all is right with the world" feeling. It also reminds me of a cool breezy evening in San Francisco driving through the Presidio, about to have a sophisticated evening somewhere in the City. If I could only have one fragrance, this just might be it.

(Note: I have also posted my review on MUA)

03 April, 2008

d_silent_one's avatar

When I bought this I noticed something familiar about it but couldn't pinpoint what it was. I put it on today and in a snap I found out why I bought it: it smells just like Very Sexy Now by Victoria's Secret, the latest version of their Very Sexy line of perfumes.

08 August, 2006