Reviews

Neutral Reviews of Artemisia by Penhaligon's

Head Notes: Nectarine and Green Foliage
Heart Notes: Green Apple, Lily of the Valley, Jasmine Tea, Violet and Vanilla
Base Notes: Oakmoss, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber and Vanilla

Very, very sweet. Smells like a makeup case. Powdery. Very feminine in style.
Seems a bit old-fashioned or old-school, like something someone's auntie might wear.
Pleasant for its style.
03rd October, 2012
I can smell the predominace of apple
and the faint smell of Vanilla those
two scents dominate the other notes
some people have an talent to seperate
the other notes easely i have i bit of an hard time with it I Can smell Eather
2 notes or 3 notes out of 12.
this is one of the Plain Jane scent
from my collection a bit dull.
09th October, 2010
For the short amount of time that this supposed 'Eau de Parfum' lasts it is rather lovely. An envelope of fresh fruity sweetness and warm vanilla, its easy to see why it would be popular. For all those ladies who love the typical 'fruity-floral' high street fragrance Artemisia should definitely be given a try. It can sometimes be a bit tinny and artificial however, and this can prove more likely by the fact that it will demand repeated applications because it is so fleeting or compulsive in equal measure.

This downplay does however make it an ideal fragrance for those who want to avoid something strong, as it probably the lightest of the houses' scents.Delicate, feminine and soft, it would be worth trying to see how it lasts.
19th November, 2009

A slight, moderately entertaining fragrance that fades quickly from the memory. There is little to criticize other than its brevity, but it lacks the sure-footed conviction required to make its mark. With its subtlety, it might be well suited to warmer climes, but why wear it at all. A decidely average fragrance that dribbles away all too rapidly
04th July, 2009
Artemisia is an extremely dull floral with some annoyingly sharp and "fresh" notes on a cheap sweet vanilla base. Yawn. Smells like a tenth of the price and even then I wouldn't buy it. Wouldn't call this related to Endymion in any way, since Endymoin is actually a decent fragrance.
08th June, 2008
Quarry Show all reviews
According to Penhaligon: "Oriental notes chime with jasmine, vanilla, violet, and nectarines, while beneath, precious sandalwood, musk, and amber add mystery and intrigue."

Now, Penny, don't you think that's exaggerating this frag's range a little? If such a melange of notes is present, its members speak in a singular voice, and I think its fair to title that entity Artemisia because wormwood is the closest effect it radiates, at least by my olfactory experience. However, I've read that real wormwood is supposed to be bitter, and this is slightly sweet. At any rate, the impression is owed to something from roots or bark.

Part of the top notes' instant appeal to me is that they're not too high pitched, emanating from the same "musical key signature" as something like sassafrass root (although not quite as sweet). As pleasant as those top notes are for me, after a couple hours I find myself tapping my foot and asking, much like Peggy Lee, "Is that all there is?" Oh, Artie, Is this relationship going anywhere? The more I explore for some gratification from the base notes, the less reward I find. What's this now--potato peelings? Aw shucks, the honeymoon's over.
13th October, 2006