Positive Reviews of Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel

Find out more about Anaïs Anaïs by Cacharel in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

madridbatabidd's avatar
    madridbatabidd
    Spain Spain

it was my mum´s perfume when i was a child.
    I still like it but unfort. you hardly recognize it on the street is light, pink, cottony and so pleasant.
    The hughest of hughs.

31st August, 2006

cedriceccentric's avatar
    cedriceccentric
    Belgium Belgium

Almost every women in France or in Spain wore Anaïs Anaïs at one point in their life, usually as their first perfume. In a recent article a representative from Cacharel explained that Anaïs had a very loyal following: many women who wore during their teens or early 20s wear it again once in their 40s, as it brings happy memories.
    Young girls might prefer fruitier notes now a days but Anaïs is probably the "youngest" smelling classic available. Beware, not as innocent as it seams!

01st August, 2006

F_Frez's avatar
    F_Frez

I remember this fragrance from a former girlfriend, so maybe it should be the reason I felt this fragrance a lot sensual, like a Pavlovian conditioned reflex (same applies for Tressor and Revlon's Charlie, her other 2 fragrances), and the same reason I felt it very inappropriate on some people. Floral based (sometime I read it has white magnolia as main note), I think it's more suitable for girls in the 15-25 years old range, just for romantic use. It's not enough sophisticate for office or evening use, or older women, and it's very irritating when applied in excess.

28 May, 2006

chaelaran1008's avatar
    chaelaran1008

Bought for me by my aunt when I was twenty one this was a good choice. She has no sense of smell and had asked friends to recommend a fragrance for me. I would not have bought it for myself, was not in favour of anything that could be labelled "girly" then. But as has seemed to be the case with most perfumes the ones I like best are the "growers" and Anais Anais was one of those. I enjoyed wearing it because it simply smelled good, now I know it was the hyacinth note that I favoured. Uncomplicated fragrance that I think I may revisit soon as I think it's about time we renewed our acquaintance.

07 May, 2006

kumquat's avatar
    kumquat

A unique scent due to the use of the 'Madonna Lily'. It is indolent to be sure. A full on floral but captivating.It has a cool white frosty quality that is refreshing.

10th February, 2006 (Last Edited: 23 April, 2007)

FroFro's avatar
    FroFro

Wore this for a while when I was around 17 or 18, and loved it. Recently decided to give it a whirl. Personally, prefer the body wash, lotion and deodarant spray rather the EDP (which I find to be a tad strong), but a very nice, very classic scent. Have to admit, though - makes me extremely nauseous if overapplied.

30th January, 2006

Sassyrila's avatar
    Sassyrila

Delicate, complex and mysterious... just like me! I now admit, I've fallen, harder than usual & wonder, will this last?

03 October, 2005

calchic's avatar
    calchic

If you're very interested in exploring the facets of lily in a fragrance, this is one to try. The dominant notes of the fragrance feature white Madonna lily, which doesn't show up in many other places, and lily of the valley. I think it's this set of lilies more than anything else that make this scent so liltingly gentle; it's almost reticent in a way, which only adds to its allure. A very "under the radar" fragrance that could almost be mistaken for a floral powder if it weren't for the leather and musk that rest at the base of the scent and give it just enough bravado to keep it from being completely too shy and timid. Every female fragrance lover should have a bottle of Anais Anais in her collection; it's a foundational, ageless type of scent that's great to have around in those aggravating moments of ambivalence when you just can't decide on what shirt to wear, which shade of lipstick to apply or what fragrance to spritz. Ever have one of those days? Anais Anais is terrific at times like that - unobtrusive enough to let you think your thoughts yet so pretty you can't possibly regret having chosen to wear it.

28 September, 2005

carjen719's avatar
    carjen719

One of my all time favorites

10th August, 2005

RoseAmber's avatar
    RoseAmber

Named for one of the most sensual and hypnotic writers of the 20th Century, Anais Nin, Anais Anais is a romantic, feminine, and utterly beautiful fragrance. It is crisp and flowery in its top notes, and conjures the delicacy of white lace and just-picked summer flowers. The drydown has warm cedar notes that evoke an attic in a Victorian house on a humid summer day. This fragrance is One Of A Kind, and I believe it will live in our olfactory hall of fame with Chanel No. 5, Quelques Fleurs, Opium, Angel, and other perfumes that rocked the sensory world. Judy Chicago wrote: "History has not been kind to Anaïs Nin. Within a year of her death, Cacharel produced a perfume called "Anaïs Anaïs," as if all that was left of her life and work was the exotic odor of a memory." But I disagree with this negativity. I think Cacharel was honoring the memory of Anais Nin by immortalizing her with a fragrance.

01st August, 2005