Reviews

Reviews of Rose by Caron

If you took the honied peppery rose of Parfum Sacre, the soft florals of Bellodgia and the spicy clove-y-ness of Poivre and put them all together, you would have Caron's Rose. Usually rose scents (other than Joy and 1000) are kind of flat and boring to me. But this rose is as thick and rich as scarlet velvet curtains and is in no way a soliflore (spelling?).
08th November, 2013
Get me right here... this smells good, of quality and worthy of Caron and its fountain extraits. I am also sorry when a classic that has been around for decades is bound to disappear eventually. Yes, Rose is according to the Paris, Boutique Montaigne discontinued. It was also removed from their website. I know that they still have some bottles at the Montaigne Boutique (August 2011), if you want to stock up on it.
I think this is not unique and outstanding enough next to N'aimez que moi or Or et Noir. Losing rose means to lose components that are there in both the other fountain extraits. Rose is fairly pretty and and next to Acaciosa one of the fountain extraits for girlies at heart.
20th August, 2011
redrose Show all reviews
A truly beautiful scent, which I love - I have the extrait, which does last well on my skin. The EdP doesn't have great longevity for me, but it's just as lovely while it lasts. The perfect scent when I want to feel romantic and ethereal! The drydown is similar to Or et Noir, as others have noted, but the Rose extrait prolongs the rose top and middle notes so that is what I mainly get. Subtle hints of mint and geranium stop it from being just a soliflore, and the perfume blends well with my usual rose soap and body lotion. I will always want to have this fragrance in my collection.
11th May, 2011
I agree, similar to or et noir, but fresher. it seems rose is the fresh dewy bouquet of roses gathered in the morning, or et noir seems the same bouquet after your put it in a little vase and the roses start warming up, added a scent of roses when they start getting too warm and have this kind of sweetish overwhelming smell of sth overlived
19th January, 2008
(edp) a warm & dusky, rich rose.. w/ great blend of geranium, iris & vanilla(all subtle) that makes it slightly spicy, sweet & powdery. doesn't lose the rose note. glamorous & cozy at the same time. Love! I agree that it dries down very similar to Or et Noir.
02nd December, 2007
Caron’s rose parfum is an exquisite, powdery soliflore and belongs to the elite ranks of the Caron urn fragrances. Caron’s rose is a real beauty; it opens with three dominant roses---Bulgarian, May, and Centifolia rose blooms and an undertone reminiscent of the earlier N’Aimez Que Moi. A spicy geranium and touch of mint nudge forward during the middle phase, while vetiver, sandalwood, vanilla and musk and that creamy Caron base round out the whole. Beautifully formulated, it is similar in many ways to the rosy Or et Noir, another of the Caron urn fragrances. The one fault I find with Caron’s Rose is that it doesn’t last as long as Caron’s other urn parfums. At least, that’s true with my chemistry. Created by Michel Morsetti, Caron’s rose is a faithful reproduction of an elegant rose bouquet. A roseate, heavenly delight
10th August, 2005