Positive Reviews of Deneuve by Catherine Deneuve

Find out more about Deneuve by Catherine Deneuve in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Cricketkitty's avatar

Why was this wonderful fragrance discontinued? It was a wonderful woodsy floral, a little heavy on the woodsy, that I wore in the late 80s and always got compliments on. It stayed around for the long haul, but I never got any criticism on this. Wish they would bring this lovely fragrance back.

05th September, 2012

cheryl's avatar

I often give a thumbs up if I believe a perfume does a good job as it is intended, even if it is not my own personal style. This one is a thumbs up AND my style. It opens in a beautiful florist shop green bouquet..very natural smelling. Then it is mostly a dry mossy musk. DRY MOSSY MUSK!!!! (I've never really encountered it.) The flowers are velvet-laden...you don't really sense them, but as soft jasmine-rose presence. It is elegant, and classically french. My only complaint is it is quiet. It never sings out. I admire that, but also like a little bravado at some point in a fragrance.

15th November, 2010

Elf's avatar

I bought the Long Lost Perfume version (Irma Shorell), called Cannes. I really enjoy it. It's a green chypre, but rather light and delicate, actually, with a soft leather drydown. Very subtle and elegant.

02nd August, 2010

millascent's avatar

Fizzy fern smelling on top, this is a green floral semi-chypre. I thought it must contain carnation or clove but none is listed however the florals are peppery and heavily spiced. It is a little woody dry and herbal, as well- The base continues the green feeling with "moss" and animal hints of musk and civet. Golden aldehydes soften the edges but not much. Chic and elegant.

27th September, 2008

sedonaperfumery's avatar

Turkey Turkey

The musk never smelled this good with the combination of Jasmin and Basil. Green notes adds another feeling to it, as well. Currently discontinued, but amazon still offers quite a good selection.

13th May, 2008