Reviews

Neutral Reviews of Bois des Îles by Chanel

When you take a look at note breakdown, there are lots of notes in this fragrance but to be honest with you, the scent isn't complicated or complex at all!
The opening is a semi fresh floral and spicy scent with some sweetness in the background.
The spices are not that strong and I'm quite sure it's not cinnamon!
The sweetness is very smooth and almost creamy with touch of white and bright floral notes!
It's OK and pleasant but there is nothing special about it.
In the dry down. the spices become weaker and you will get a smooth and light soapy vibe with some florals and some sweetness in the background.
That's it! the scent will not change on your skin that much and also disappears from skin very quickly!
Projection is soft and longevity is weak on my skin! I got around 3-4 hours and it's not that great!
I don't know why people compare this fragrance to "Egoiste" because I can't see any similarities here!
I had "Chanel Egoiste" for a long time and I know how exactly does it smell like and I'm sure they don't smell the same at all!!
Chanel Egoiste has a very sharp and strong spicy cinnamon with lots of woods at the start but this one doesn't have cinnamon and woods and it's much weaker against "Egoiste".
Also the floral note in "Egoiste" clearly is rose which has a masculine aroma, but in this fragrance the floral notes are very light and bright with mostly feminine vibe!
Also "Egoiste" doesn't smell soapy!
What's wrong with you guys?!!!!!
All and all, it's a fragrance right in the middle!
Nothing really bad about it but nothing too exciting or special about it too!
You can easily pass this fragrance!
16th February, 2014
Gary F Show all reviews
Lovely Floral

This is perhaps the most feminine smelling of the "exclusifs" line that I've tried. That is not a criticism, just an observation. The florals are tempered with the usual Chanel richness. I can see why it is so well-loved. Not one of my favorites from this line (like Coromandel, Sycomore, or Eau de Cologne), but not one of my least favorites either (Gardenia, Beige). Well worth a try if you're sampling from this line.

Pros: Rich Floral textures
Cons: A Bit Too Feminine For Me

07th July, 2013
LaNose Show all reviews
I wish I could rave about this fragrance; it's so storied and revered. But my decant, fresh I believe, was a big disappointment. Although warm, powdery and with more than a hint of spice, over a span of three days, with frequent reapplications, I could not free myself of the impression that this is the progenitor of "CoCo" with less than six degrees of separation. I don't like CoCo and never did.
08th October, 2012

After all the positive reviews, I was excited to try this fragrance in the Les Exclusifs line.

I found it "nice". The standard Chanel aldehydic thing to start then flowers tempered with a bit of spice. The drydown was alright, but kept the floral notes for quite a bit. Maybe Coco's reserved little sister?

It's pretty and interesting, but not a head turner by any means. Perhaps my nose isn't educated enough to appreciate this one?
22nd September, 2011
BayKAT Show all reviews
(Pure Parfum review)
This scent is 100% artistic perfection. I put just a drop on at 1 p.m., and now it is 10 and the scent is still lingering. I love the way the fragrance changes throughout the day, and it never really loses the flowery middle notes. While I do appreciate this scent, it is with the utmost respect that I say it is too sweet for me. However, I will enjoy my sample to the fullest and will probably return for another over time.
27th February, 2010