Reviews

Negative Reviews of Chloé Narcisse by Chloé

Chloé Narcisse is perhaps the queen of overbearing, strong "old lady" perfumes. I'm not saying this perfume is meant for women of an old age, but when people smell or think of "old lady" perfume, this could very well be an archetypal stench.

Heavy, sweet, and cloying florals dry down to a base of crude rose and vanilla. Most people either love or hate Chloé Narcisse, I am particularly NOT a fan.
01st January, 2011 (last edited: 03rd January, 2011)
Over-powering, cloying, nasty. One of the worst fragrances dating back to the 90's I ever encountered. Fragrances of this type contribute to some people's hatred of perfumes in general.
26th March, 2010
Vomit inducing.

A cacky nappy couldn't be more offensive than this.
24th October, 2009
I happily owned this in the 90's, and I'm not sure what I was thinking... but when I come across this fragrance now it offends me. If you want major sillage, you get it here, but there are a lot more gorgeous fragrances out there that will leave a more pleasant trail behind you. Whilst I still adore many Lauder and other powerhouse 90's fragrances, this one, to me, has seen its day. If it's becoming hard to get, I'm glad...if not, I'm sad !!!
09th April, 2009
Thick, cloying and stupid, this is one of the most unintelligent and shapeless vanilla florals I have encountered. The almost non existent narcissus is lost in a dense fog of suffocating caramel and candy floss. This would make an ideal Paris Hilton release.
26th January, 2009
Sugary-sweet, migraine sweet in fact, and where's the narcissus? Bought it by accident (as Withnail would say) and promptly offloaded it on a less discriminating friend.
29th September, 2008
Nukapai Show all reviews
This perfume is like caramelised air freshener. It's incredibly cloying and sickly. That is, of course, just my reaction to it - and as always with perfumes, entirely subjective.
03rd August, 2008
Strong - overstrong - and cloying. Too much floral, too much spice, too much 'candy' sweetness, too much full stop.
This gives me a headache.

Urgh.