Positive Reviews of Wish by Chopard

Find out more about Wish by Chopard in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

teardrop's avatar

England England

l find this quite a sexy & comforting scent. Fruity topnotes give way to vanilla, toffee & musk, warm, sweet & a little powdery. l only ever sniffed Angel from the bottle, & found it noxious. lf this is similar, then it's a much gentler, smoother version, & all the better for it IMO. Gourmands aren't usually me, but l think this is a nice one.

07 February, 2011

MsElleEmme's avatar

This is a favourite. I definitely agree on the similarities to Angel, but I feel Angel is the ugly, obnoxious sister. For me this is a gourmand, but not sickly like some. I don't find it as strong as Lolita Lempicka. Wish has a long-lasting berry note that lasts on my skin and isn't overpowered by the vanilla. I don't pick up any floral in this. It's luxurious and rewarding, even if it doesn't last for 8 hours.

01st December, 2008

Noraed's avatar

very sweet and sugary scent. Perhaps it’s too sweet. It is an Oriental - Vanilla type of scent.
    It is suitable for people who enjoy the scent of Lily of the Valley, like me.
    If you like this one, then you should definitely try out Lolita lempicka by Lolita lempicka and Angel by Thierry Mugler.
    however, the scent might fades away too quickly.

22 April, 2008

's avatar

i own this and I really feel that the only similarities to Angel would be vanilla and tonka bean which are far less prevalent. It really is not flat at all. I find Angel to be completely overpowering and nauseating. Its like someone drenches themselves with hersheys syrup, Angel is cloying and abrasive. Wish should not be confused with Angel in that context. Its a very classy warm scent. I really feel that Wish and Lolita can stand on there own without the rap of Angel, especially Lolita in the top 5.

10th December, 2007

Elf's avatar

Angel's demure little sister. The sweetness level varies depending on chemistry. On me the incense shines through after the first 5 fruity minutes, so I really like it, it has some spice and heft. But try it first. On some it becomes pure treacle. The bottle is wonderful.

03 May, 2007

ubuandibeme's avatar

Intriguing notes in this fragrance ~ rich, exotic, even lush. In the spirit of Angel, but not as 'foody' sweet. I am giving this one a thumbs up ~ even though it gave me a headache! WISH I could enjoy this one, my chemistry just won't allow it.

06 October, 2006

k.h.kew's avatar

True, this one's very similar to Angel, but I find it more subtle,less course than its predecessor. By the reviews, Wish seems to be a fragrance that people either love or hate. Wish is not in my top favourites list (perhaps because it doesn't have enough of either the citrusy freshness, or ambery warmth I go for), however, I would still wear this on occasion and definitely give it the thumbs up. I find it sophisticated and complex. It's bold enough to make you stand out in the crowd, but subtle enough to be intriguing. Not too sweet, but not that spicy either, Wish is a pleasant find.

12 May, 2006

ninamichaela's avatar

Philippine Philippine

This is the first perfume i have bought online got the 2.5oz EDP for less than $30. Starts really strong and overwhelming but develops into a lovely warm scent them at the end of the day you are left with this sweet powdery scent that i like. I bought this because most people think this smells like Angel by TM (which i find interesting) I love bottle in blue diamond.

03 May, 2006

FRAGRANCESTAR's avatar

sweet and vanilla based. wonder which came first this or angel. even the fragrance is the same colour.
    lovely scent though

10th November, 2005

wench05's avatar

love this cant say a bad word about it was one of my first expensive fragrance purchases still wear it and love it have had a lot of great comments on it but never let on what it is hehehehe never a bad comment from anyone and Diamonds are a Girls best friend

11th October, 2005

rita's avatar

A deep, warm fragrance. Wish is fruity Oriental along the same lines as Angel but not as overpowering. A beautiful vanilla base with caramel tones that has a slight fruity lift. Just delightful !

24 August, 2005

vicky's avatar

The diamond shape bottle is stunning, the fragrance is very similar to Angel. lovely for evenings.

10th December, 2003