Reviews

Reviews of Wish by Chopard

Salutation.

A youngger sister of ANGEL.It is very difficult to get nice perfume for lower price but this one has the both,that makes it great.WISH is a sweet and cozy fragrance that fuses traditional femininity with a modern elegance.It is one of my Oriental-Vanilla favorites on a sweet lady. Warm,Seductive,Sweet, Addictive,Feminine,Vanillic, Popular and Memorable.

A top notes accord of honeysuckle,brazilian rosewood, coconut and orange blossom.the heart blends of orchid with the warm seductiveness of honey,softened by a milky mist of vanilla, caramel and sandlwood as it gives you feel cozy and comfortable. the dry down is really nice and cozy for me.It is a oriental vanilla but not in a cloying way.

It is perfect for romantic nights on the town. suitable for cold weather when it is warmth radiates with the plushness of a cashmere blanket.the very best part of putting on WISH CHOPARD everyday is the memories which come flooding back.ladies,a man have tell you it drives me to rapture!What's a better compliment!

Sillge?Lovely.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

24th May, 2015
This is derivative of Angel, with its sugar-laden patchouli aspect, but love it or hate it, Angel is a study in exciting contrasts, and on me at least, dries down to a softer, darker, chocolate-tinged purr.

Wish on the other hand, opens softer and more accessible, but grows progressively sweeter, headier, and higher-pitched until it reaches tooth-aching, migraine-inducing intensity, with no darker notes to round it out or ground it.

If you have the type of skin that "swallows" sweet, heady, candied-flower notes, this might work for you. Unfortunately, Wish doesn't like my company. This sweeter, more demure-looking sister goes a little crazy and starts scraping the blackboard with her nails whenever I get close.
10th September, 2012
acidic, alcoholic and too sweet on my skin. doesn't have any staying power and tends to smell like a cheap dollar store perfume department. and it gives me headaches.
30th October, 2011

I was aware that Wish had some similarities to Angel by Thierry Mugler prior to testing, yet I wasn't quite prepared for how similar they actually are.

When I first applied Wish to my wrist it seriously messed with my head. I had to keep reminding myself that it was Wish that I was smelling and not Angel.

Once you get past the initial ten minutes, Wish starts to show some signs of individuality. The heart of this scent is much softer and sweeter than Angel, and dare I say, more enjoyable. It has a slight powdery softness with hints of fruit, (possibly the strawberry note). Very feminine and sweet.

Just when I started admiring this scent, the vanilla, patchouli and caramel notes emerged reminding me of another fragrance, Miss Dior Cherie, only a lighter version of that scent.

The lack of originality started to turn me off this fragrance very quickly. It's almost like Chopard has tried to create a scent that feeds off the success of both Angel and Miss Dior Cherie.

I'd say for lovers of both of those scents I mentioned above, purchase Wish because that way you'll get two fragrances in one. However, for fragrance lovers looking for something that little bit different, try looking somewhere else.

04th June, 2011
This did not smell like Angel as I have heard. To me it was a linear Grape Candy.
27th May, 2011
l find this quite a sexy & comforting scent. Fruity topnotes give way to vanilla, toffee & musk, warm, sweet & a little powdery. l only ever sniffed Angel from the bottle, & found it noxious. lf this is similar, then it's a much gentler, smoother version, & all the better for it IMO. Gourmands aren't usually me, but l think this is a nice one.
07th February, 2011
This is a favourite. I definitely agree on the similarities to Angel, but I feel Angel is the ugly, obnoxious sister. For me this is a gourmand, but not sickly like some. I don't find it as strong as Lolita Lempicka. Wish has a long-lasting berry note that lasts on my skin and isn't overpowered by the vanilla. I don't pick up any floral in this. It's luxurious and rewarding, even if it doesn't last for 8 hours.
01st December, 2008
There is something appealing about Wish, but in the end it is much too powdery for my taste. I do not find it similar to Angel at all, apart from the prevalent patchouli note and general gourmand feel. From Chopard, I'll stick with Casmir and Mira Bai...
18th July, 2008
Noraed Show all reviews
very sweet and sugary scent. Perhaps it’s too sweet. It is an Oriental - Vanilla type of scent.
It is suitable for people who enjoy the scent of Lily of the Valley, like me.
If you like this one, then you should definitely try out Lolita lempicka by Lolita lempicka and Angel by Thierry Mugler.
however, the scent might fades away too quickly.
22nd April, 2008
i own this and I really feel that the only similarities to Angel would be vanilla and tonka bean which are far less prevalent. It really is not flat at all. I find Angel to be completely overpowering and nauseating. Its like someone drenches themselves with hersheys syrup, Angel is cloying and abrasive. Wish should not be confused with Angel in that context. Its a very classy warm scent. I really feel that Wish and Lolita can stand on there own without the rap of Angel, especially Lolita in the top 5.
10th December, 2007
great bottle... smell is nice but i find it flatter than angel. after the first ten minutes i take mainly vanilla and amber and besides flatness i also find these kind of sweetness tiring for my senses....
24th May, 2007
Angel's demure little sister. The sweetness level varies depending on chemistry. On me the incense shines through after the first 5 fruity minutes, so I really like it, it has some spice and heft. But try it first. On some it becomes pure treacle. The bottle is wonderful.
03rd May, 2007
Intriguing notes in this fragrance ~ rich, exotic, even lush. In the spirit of Angel, but not as 'foody' sweet. I am giving this one a thumbs up ~ even though it gave me a headache! WISH I could enjoy this one, my chemistry just won't allow it.
06th October, 2006

True, this one's very similar to Angel, but I find it more subtle,less course than its predecessor. By the reviews, Wish seems to be a fragrance that people either love or hate. Wish is not in my top favourites list (perhaps because it doesn't have enough of either the citrusy freshness, or ambery warmth I go for), however, I would still wear this on occasion and definitely give it the thumbs up. I find it sophisticated and complex. It's bold enough to make you stand out in the crowd, but subtle enough to be intriguing. Not too sweet, but not that spicy either, Wish is a pleasant find.
12th May, 2006
This is the first perfume i have bought online got the 2.5oz EDP for less than $30. Starts really strong and overwhelming but develops into a lovely warm scent them at the end of the day you are left with this sweet powdery scent that i like. I bought this because most people think this smells like Angel by TM (which i find interesting) I love bottle in blue diamond.
03rd May, 2006
Tried this one because I got it in a package of mini perfumes. I would never have bought it on my own, mostly because the smell in the bottle is absolutely not to my taste at ALL.

The top notes are exceptionally sweet, very fruity, a bit like berries in syrup but (as someone else has noted) something like cough syrup.

The middle notes seem very.... bland to me. It's not a bland perfume, but the middle notes are very ordinary and almost predictible. I almost wish there was something a bit more spicy there, anything other than "more sweet stuff", and I've noticing that as the top notes ease off, there's a very, VERY sweet edge that smells for all the world like fairy floss (cotton candy).

The base notes are also sweet, the toffee fragrance is quite noticible on me, but at least the base isn't quite as sweet as the rest of the concoction (still too sweet, though).

Basically, this fragrace seems to be a sweet course for appetisers, a sweet course for main, and a sweet course for dessert, with no break at all in the sticky sweet, almost sugary confection notes.

If you actually like sweet on sweet on sweet, you may like this (there's no accounting for taste, including mine), but I'm glad I didn't buy this in a bigger bottle, and I'm going to have to see about offloading the bottle I do have onto someone who can appreciate it. I'm never going to wear this one again, I can guarantee it. Definitely NOT to my taste at ALL.
02nd March, 2006
Wish needs to 'marinate' on you 30 minutes before the best notes come out. It does last quite well tho, close to the skin. Wish isn't too original, but it is not offensive either. I won't purchase because it is way too sweet for my tastes.
25th November, 2005
sweet and vanilla based. wonder which came first this or angel. even the fragrance is the same colour.
lovely scent though
10th November, 2005
love this cant say a bad word about it was one of my first expensive fragrance purchases still wear it and love it have had a lot of great comments on it but never let on what it is hehehehe never a bad comment from anyone and Diamonds are a Girls best friend
11th October, 2005
a sticky sweet knockoff of angel. first notes smell alcoholic like cough syrup.
20th September, 2005
A deep, warm fragrance. Wish is fruity Oriental along the same lines as Angel but not as overpowering. A beautiful vanilla base with caramel tones that has a slight fruity lift. Just delightful !
24th August, 2005
Quarry Show all reviews
I compared a couple Chopard fragrances within a short period of time, and Casmir won out over Wish, which seemed a bit weak and powdery. There is an evident family resemblance between Wish, Casmir, Mira Bai, so if you sort of like one, do sample the others. My tastes turned out to be sweeter than I would have expected, so I like Casmir's bakery air better.
10th August, 2005
The diamond shape bottle is stunning, the fragrance is very similar to Angel. lovely for evenings.
10th December, 2003