Negative Reviews of Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Find out more about Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Wordbird's avatar

Wales Wales

Nope. Sadly, this fails to convince. Perhaps I should just accept that chocolate is not a note for me and move on.

If you're considering buying a bottle blind, I strongly suggest you restrain yourself and try a sample or decant first. It's not a bad fragrance, far from it, but it's not necessarily what you expect. It isn't rich or voluptuous and doesn't last very long on the skin. If that's what you're after, head towards the vanilla department instead.

18th July, 2008

sameasalways's avatar

I've said it once and I'll say it again. It was like a can of sweetened condensed milk that had been left out on a hot day to attract flies, spilling between the cracks of the wood patio onto the packed dirt beneath it. If you're into that sort of thing. Chocolate? Where?

26th December, 2007

elm0505's avatar

Spain Spain

Firstly, where's the chocolate? All I could smell on this fragrance was a strange plasticky, burnt pong.The moment I tried it I ran to wash it off my skin immediately because I was feeling quite nauseous. IMO it smells like a motorbike's skid on a hot road previously sprinkled with vanilled sugar.

20th October, 2006