Neutral Reviews of Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Find out more about Amour de Cacao by Comptoir Sud Pacifique in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

I should declare from the outset that the gourmand is not normally a genre of fragrance that I find especially attractive. However, there is something to be said for the chilly, chocolate and vanilla ice cream effect that has been created. It also narrowly avoids toppling over into excess, as in time this could easily have become cloying and annoying.

I may well come back to Amour De Cacao and learn how to appreciate the self-indulgence.

28 January, 2013

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A comforting and yummy scent to be worn exclusively for your pleasure lain on the sofà after the bath in the wintery evenings. Delicious chocolate, milky almond, orange peels and flowers. Simplistic and edible. Not a baroque work of olfactory craftsmanship for sure but a pleasant juice anyway.

12 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 09 January, 2013)

The_Cologneist's avatar
    The_Cologneist

The opening has a fantastic creamy chocolate, "Tootsie Roll" - like, as somebody mentioned. The problem is, it has a sourness mixed with the chocolate opening. It makes it interesting, it's kind of like a sour toffee note. But, at the same time, it also make my head hurt, and my stomach churn a little. It's the sourness that ruins it. Reminds me of a Hershey's chocolate bar, with crumbled up Dorito's chips sprinkled on top of it.. don't ask. Fortunately, once it dries down, the vanilla note comes in, the sour accord goes away, and it remains a sweet chocolaty/vanilla gourmand for hours to come. Lasts all day.

25 February, 2011

Dark Caesar's avatar
    Dark Caesar

Smells like a Tootsie Roll rubbed on your skin.

09 February, 2011

arthuryoung's avatar
    arthuryoung

Used to own, but this sort of became one I wore for other people instead of myself. It's too linear and sweet, draws lots of compliments but nobody ever mentions chocolate. To my mind it's cocoa puffs, powder, and a hint of violets. There's just nothing exciting about it, no contrast, no mystery, no art. You could spend a little more and get something exciting, or spend a little less and get something equally inoffensive at Bath and Body Works.

19 October, 2010

Lian's avatar
    Lian
    Netherlands Netherlands

One or two sprays faded within 4 hours on me. Otherwise it´s nice and it satisfies the chocolate craving but I´m not blown away, I´m not in love, I´m not impressed, I´m not in love with this smell, I´m very meh about this. I keep thinking ´is this it?´. And women should never settle for second best...better to be without than to feel meh about anything.

14 November, 2008

snikersprincess's avatar
    snikersprincess

I really like all of Comptoir Sud Pacifique's fragrances, including this one. It is mouth watering and it lasts a good amount of time. It also is wonderful to layer with almost any of their other fragrances. This is the only concern I must voice: These perfumes are very expensive, but their performances do not reflect their pricetags! They all have a slight alcoholic undertone. They are packaged in aresol-type cans, and they smell like something that came out of an aresol-type can. However,regards of my issues with this line, I will probably end up buying it again because the smells are so unique.
    It is quite hard to find a chocolate scent that is not inundated with orange or patchouli. It's a good one- but the entire perfume line is getting a neutral rating. At this price, they can afford to do better.

05 March, 2006