Neutral Reviews of Émeraude by Coty

Find out more about Émeraude by Coty in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Sago Palm's avatar

Have to rate this as neutral, since I'm reviewing it years and years later. We all wore this during High School... it was my mom's, my sister and I received it for Christmas presents, and it seems like all of my friends and their moms wore it as well!

Definitely takes me back; just thinking about the name nearly brings the scent. I remember it as being fairly sharp, but not cloying or overpowering. Just crisp and elegant. Would love to smell it again.

18th October, 2014

BetsyMeszaros's avatar

Lovely But ----

This review is for the vintage Emeraude.

Bought a lovely vintage bottle of this on e-bay with the powder. This is really a very nice scent. It brings back the 1950's which to me is not a bad thing at all. This is a very complex scent and somewhat sophisticated. I don't see those that like the perfumes issued today liking it very much. To them it will be old fashion. To me it is a classic.

Problem is it hurts my nose. Don't know what it is but lots of scents really bother my sinuses and this is one of them. Not sure what the ingredient is that makes that happen to me. I've discovered it has nothing to do with the perfumes' age or cost. Very sad but this lovely fragrance will have to find a new home. That is why I gave it 3 stars and not 4 stars.

Pros: Lovely scent, well blended
    Cons: Hurts my nose

03rd June, 2013

Suzy2lips's avatar

Is it really true that women never wear their mothers' fragrances? It's true for me, and this was her most frequently worn, second dressiest scent (Youth Dew was her #1). I will always have fond memories of her getting ready to go out to sewing meeting and spritzing on a bit of this.

I like MoonB's description of it - green chemical with a powdery dry down. It's all to easy to be a snob about perfumes, but what it's really about is how they make you feel. We were of modest means, and this was "dressing up" to my mother and therefore to me, so Emeraude has a special place in my heart.

09th September, 2012

Noseworthy's avatar

A less expensive version of Guerlain's SHALIMAR. Old-fashioned and fun, but not to be taken too seriously.

16th May, 2008