Positive Reviews of Empreinte by Courrèges

Find out more about Empreinte by Courrèges in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Zut's avatar
    Zut

Empreinte is one of my favourite chypre fragrances of all time. Here is the olfactive pyramid for this fragrance according to most commercial sites.

Top Notes: Peach, bergamot, coriander, artemisia, aldehydes
    Heart Notes: Bulgarian rose, Grasse jasmine, melon, orris
    Base Notes: Amber, patchouli, oakmoss, cedarwood, sandalwood, castoreum

Strangely enough, I cannot detect either one of the top and heart notes. I most certainly get the aldehyde effect but that's about it. It seems like I directly skip to the base notes which, IMHO, are much more interesting. Some say this is a chypre floral other say chypre cuir. To me, the feel is really chypre cuir. However, instead of hard masculine leather, I get the feeling of sensuous supple suede. Empreinte is dry and can be quite intense on some women but it is never aggressive. If you are not into sweet powdery perfumes or cloying hyper-feminine flowery fragrances, you should try Empreinte.

25 October, 2011

annagarnier's avatar
    annagarnier

I would absolutely die to get some more of this amazing scent. It was my absolute favourite. Definitely evening and very very special. Incredibly powerful, but somehow fresh and green too. I also like Guy Laroche's Fiji which is fresher but somehow similar and also Bulgari's The Verte (also difficult to find!) If anyone can recommend anything similar, please let me know. ANNA

19 November, 2009