Reviews of Evelyn by Crabtree & Evelyn

Find out more about Evelyn by Crabtree & Evelyn in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

cello's avatar

Evelyn opens with a cool green vibe, a spring garden at first light. Then blooms the freshest of pink roses - hyper realistic. And pretty much there it sits. A clean musk fills in the gaps, but soft and creamy pink rose throughout is the jest of this one.

If simple and well done pink rose is what you are after, then by all means give this one a try. I, personally, did not find nuances that kept my interest.

28th February, 2013

VintageVogue's avatar

The original Evelyn is one of the finest rose fragrances in my collection. Formulated in partnership with English rosarian David Austin, Evelyn replicated the scent of Austin’s own Evelyn rose thanks to headspace technology new at that time. The original Evelyn was a superb rose scent with a hint of peach and a marvelously enticing woodsy, musky drydown which rendered it peerless among your typical rose perfumes. Unfortunately, just recently C&E decided they had to re-jig the formula. Why, I don’t know. But I wish they hadn’t. The newer formula (see my review there) has so muted that exquisite woodsiness in the drydown that I can’t even smell it. There are still a few older bottles of the original Evelyn around. Snag one if you can.

04th August, 2005