Reviews of Tubérose Indiana by Creed

Find out more about Tubérose Indiana by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Floral

So where’s the tuberose?

Tuberose Indiana opens pretty tame for a tuberose fragrance. Citrus and crisp fruity notes blunt the power of whatever tuberose there is in here. This is very “safe” and agreeable as tuberose fragrances go. It's not challenging, but then it’s not really tuberose, either. Rose, yes, but hasn't anybody told the folks at Creed that that's a different flower? Very short lived, too - two hours or less.

06th July, 2014

hyblaean's avatar

My favorite scent is Fracas, and compared to that this is the weak sister. That said, it is a gorgeous scent. Lovely and calm. Wearable to the office, since it has a lasting time of about 5 minutes (full bloom) on me. Very quiet, close to the skin, creamy tuberose.

25th March, 2012

I have a difficult time believing that this is tuberose—in fact, I brought out a sample of Fracas to compare notes—ok, could be, but there is rose in the floral mix, and the rose comes through very strongly to me. The floral aroma is quite full in the opening—it’s of flowers that have reached full maturity and are just on the edge of being cloying—I don’t feel it crosses the line, and within twenty minutes the accord has lost much of its aggressiveness and settles down to a beautiful and discreet mixed floral. The rose remains prominent to my nose throughout the progression of the fragrance, which consists of the ebbing of the intensity of the florals and the growing prominence of a typical Creed base—ambergris and musk. I don’t get much powder, not even in the drydown. The scent has a rather strong sillage at the beginning and it gradually ebbs with time. It has decent longevity considering it’s a Creed. Tubérose Indiana is a lovely feminine scent—subtle and endearing.

07th December, 2010

DavidBond007's avatar

Another nice floral by Creed. The house of Creed is notorious for its florals and this one represents the company very well.

20th May, 2010

Mario Justiniani's avatar

Cuba Cuba

Bought this blind, it was advertised as a man's scent.

Well, with the following of M7, most Serge Lutens, Opium PH and co, it's macho as hell--- er, almost.

When, of all people, Marlen informs us that it may be 'challenging' for a man to wear this, far be it for me to gainsay him!

Happy ending. Gave it to a friend and she's a tuberose addict.

Now, while I agree with the criticism of 'where's the tuberose?'--There are much closer 'purer' tuberose scents, for those who have actually smelled the magic flower; nevertheless this is a bold and well crafted creation that blends several florals, puts an oriental spin on them, without going fruity-sugary, and gives it strength, power and complexity.

Bottom line? If you're into 'upbeat playful' stick to Fracas for your dose of the magic T.

However, if you like orientals that are not cloying, this one's definitely worth a sniff.

03rd April, 2007

Coconut's avatar

Hong Kong Hong Kong

Tubérose Indiana is one of my favorite amongst all the Creed's ceations. It is a well blended scent of tuberose, ambergris and amber. I didn't smell much tuberose out of this (at least it is not as prominent as it appeared to be in Fracas or Carnal Flowers). It is amazingly seductive with a hint of vanilla and appeared to be very warm and welcoming. It is a lovely scent for autumn and winter.

23rd February, 2007

Gerald's avatar

Germany Germany

Tubereuse Indiana doesn't work at all with me. It's a thick, greasy, sweet fragrance that smells extremely synthetic on me. I don't find it fresh at all, but very cloying and quite linear. Maybe it's my chemistry, but this is simply unwearable for me.

29th August, 2006

torchsong's avatar

To me this isn't a true tuberose scent But this is unique, one of a kind. rich. . Has more of a gardenia scent to it. Very lovely not in your face.

24th August, 2006

zztopp's avatar

Amazing stuff. In my opinion, one of Creeds finest floral creations. Florals can be cloying, but this one is fresh, and the top notes put you smack in the middle of a dewy rose. It has this uplifting bright sensual note...i think its the honeysuckle. The basenotes are of musk and ambergris. Infact, this is so good, I am thinking of buying a bottle for myself, even though its a fragrance for women

24th July, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar

When I first applied this fragrance it smelled as if my nose were smack dab in the middle of the most sweet and dewy rose...after about 15 minutes it smelled exactly like White Shoulders. For the money, I'd go with the White Shoulders.

10th March, 2006

czesc's avatar

wow, another amazing rose scent by creed. maybe im partial to all these because I love the smell of rose so much but this one is definatley a winner.

22nd February, 2006

scenteur7's avatar

A light, powdery tuberose anchored by warm ambergris. Might be a bit challenging for men, but I think it's worth a shot. Not your run of the mill heavy white floral....

14th January, 2006