Reviews of Tabu by Dana

Find out more about Tabu by Dana in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Oldbiddy's avatar

I love this one! I have the cello bottle EDC from Walmart. I have to watch it that i do not drown myself in this one as I will assault everyone around me with the fragrance cloud i exude!!! lol

22 July, 2014

Oviatt's avatar

I am not sure about recent versions of this, but the old stuff was amazing. Warm and sultry in a way that still--just barely--remained ladylike. I read somewhere that "to appreciate Opium, you have to understand Tabu" and I think that that is right--it laid the groundwork for so many ambery, animalic orientals that came later. A lady I knew--sadly gone now--always wore this as her signature--a true lady in every way (a grande dame, really), she always trailed a cloud of rich, sultry Tabu--completely at odds with her correct and proper image. She could afford any perfume she wanted, but loyally stuck to Tabu even as it became a drugstore scent. One of the truly great perfumes and while clearly not for everybody, for those it suited, it became a hallmark. Wonderful advertising over the years, too.

11th December, 2013

's avatar

This is an excellent fragrance for the women who love bold scents!

Tabu, ah, how memorable you are.

When I was eleven, my mother came across Tabu in the local pharmacy and bought it for me, despite me not really much enjoying spicy, wood scents (I'd always preferred floral), and I used it till the bottle was empty. While I grew to like it, much to my overall surprise, I didn't purchase it again till today as I felt the scent was too 'mature' for a girl of eleven, or even to a girl in her teens. Aside from that, every pharmacy in my area suddenly stopped selling Tabu. I couldn't restock, even if I wanted to. However, upon moving to a new town (which to my delight, sells Tabu everywhere in truckloads and in many different forms, such as a shampoo and shower gel, EDC and EDT, bodyspray and talcum powder at a VERY affordable price), I've been able to rediscover it and appreciate it, as a seventeen year old.

The EDT scent on me is very warm, smooth and rich, and seems to stick very easily and linger on everything, and lasts for a good amount of time. It smells, to me, of amber, sandalwood and patchouli, and has a musk hint to it, but very little, if anything at all, of orange as quite a few seem to have described. However, I can certainly smell spice in the top notes, and the slightest hint of rose and ylang-ylang, but only the slightest. It's a very womanly scent and when I wear it, I feel confident as it has a very classy aura to it I don't get off other perfumes that I've owned, or do own. The perfumes I currently own are fresh and youthful, which I enjoy, but Tabu has a dark charm to it that personally makes me feel grown up and mature, and it makes me feel like I can command anyone! Really a confidence lifter. If you're bold, go for Tabu!

25 October, 2013

cheryl's avatar

I'll keep it short as others have written so much of interest here. My bottle is a vintage cologne (handsome bottle) much like the image presented here. It is old and it is a cologne, so I am making some allowances that there are elements that are missing in its structure. What I get: Sex on Rootbeer. Or maybe nutmeggy sex. Or maybe excitable extroverted rum times. There's a booziness and nitromusk all sending a vibe of easy ripe warmth. This is no means an intellectual perfume, but I have found myself putting a lot of thought into it. How does it speak to the name, the context, the concept? It seems to just grab your skin spread out and send its message. In a heated booziness.
    I am reserving judgement because I think my cologne is not quite the old time real deal. I just don't know how close it is.

11th April, 2013

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

to oversimplify this from the start , vintage Tabu edt smells like sweet Bal a Versailles without so much civet and powdery notes,

It opens up with some fresh citrus notes and clove note beeing the most dominant through all stages of development, its sweetened by creamy sandalwood and amber-benzoin notes, that at some stages it reminded me either of some therapeutic special honey sirup, or some cinnamon mixed with honey, this is definitely spicy floral perfume with just a hint of civet note, and the dry down gets just a touch powdery, more creamy, it develops beautifully on the skin, but
    This is very much classic perfumery , carefully built and done, that to my modern nose ismells like a picture with many brown colour shadings layered one over the other, showing some melancholic autumn scenery, its warm, yet bit sad:-) its from the old age, just as Bal a Versailles, i suppose what made them think of woman of the night is this extremely sweet note, for that age i think this was considered as lust:-) , unlike today, every perfume would be considered for women of the night:-)

I like it but i almost got an headache, so from my personal taste i must go neutral:-)

15 January, 2013

nonnative's avatar

I like to sniff tabu. Every now and then I need to sniff tabu. I was so proud when my sister brought me a bottle from Usa (in Italy you cannot easily buy it in parfumeries). I don't like to wear it. It make me feel old and dirty. I wouldn't mind to smell old, but I mind smell dirty! A pity because the dirt note I detect in tabu is what makes this parfume standing out. I like the idea that was designed for a prostitute. All these contrasting ideas make me think that tabu is really a great parfume, something you love or hate, like a strange object repulsing and facinating at the same time.

18 November, 2012

buren's avatar

Amazingly I wore this as a very young woman.

For me it is still the best of the oriental-sexy perfumes (I think of Youth Dew & an oil I own called "Opium", not the same as the perfume). I like it best because of the orange note, woven into incense shadings & amber.

I sent it in an envelope with a little of my hair to my first husband before we were married.....

Now, fifty years later, I don't wear Tabu but I still like it.

23 June, 2012 (Last Edited: 01st July, 2012)

le mouchoir de monsieur's avatar

France France

Here's an interesting story, and an important detail, both of which seem to make Tabu somehow still more bewitching. While it is not at all probable Jean Carles was in reality asked to create a perfume for Ladies of the Evening, as goes the fable, according to all and sundry, he most definitely did not fail to achieve something remarkable, and lasting: "Un Parfum Eternel." My experience with Tabu is limited to the following story: My mother took a young girl under her wing when this poor orphan had lost her own mother in a very sudden and tragic accident. This young girl had not had an easy life, having been sexually abused by her older brother since she was 6, and on top of all this misfortune was not exactly "Spoiled by Nature" as the French would say. (She was not, externally, a Beautiful Girl.) This girl, who by happenstance came to be a kind of zany, unpredictable sister to me, ever the buttoned up scholar, grew into the fiercest of rebels, and not at all in the usual manner popular at the time. She was very much her own creation, and followed no form of eccentricity previously known. She was, and deserved to be, an Individualist: A whilwind force to be reckoned with. For all the years I knew her, which were many, she only ever wore Tabu, and professed an undying love for it: I would buy her huge, screw-cap bottles of it for Christmas. My memories of the scent have the universal theme of: Incense. Everything about this girl smelled like incense. After my mother passed away, we remained staunch friends and allies. Naturally, my true blood sister detested her, and many in my family found her odd, to say the least. True only unto herself, she continued to have a strange life. For 22 years, I lived in Paris, and she lived in California. We would write each other letters, as people did back then, and I would always know I had one in my post box from her before even opening it because I could smell it through the grate of the metallic compartment. She visited me several times in Paris. The first time, she made a sweaty, trembling entrance into my apartment, which is a kind of penthouse on the 8th floor (7th per French standards) and declared herself to have been so traumatized by the journey that she barely left the apartment for her entire sojourn, which, if I recall, was a lengthy one, over the course of which she would sit for hours, entire days, on my rooftop terrace, entertain my dogs, let my canaries out of their cages, scour and clean every inch of the interior, and read. All kinds of strange things happened to her. Another time she visited, we got locked into Pere Lachaise Cemetery and had to spend the night hiding in one of the vandalized crypts for fear of being attacked by the vicious guard dogs who roam the vast terrain after hours, ready to kill. She only enjoyed things that were tainted with tragedy or sadness. She was blessed with the analytical mind of a true intellectual. At one point, near the end of our relationship, she had been living in a ramshackle shanty town type clapboard house in the hills outside of Los Angeles, not far from where the Manson Family famously converged. Upon moving in to this house, which was a weekly rental, she found in the kitchen cupboard on an uppermost shelf a box of ziplock bags left behind by the previous tenant, which she left undisturbed and had been using off and on for quite some time, straining each time to reach it and swipe out a bag as It was one of those heavy and enormous "supersized" 1000 count ones that you can find in the US, until one fateful day, she reached up to grab a plastic bag, and found that there were none, yet the box was still heavy. Removing it from the shelf she found it to be tightly packed full of bank stacks of $100.00 bills, totaling close to $50,000.00. Very diligently she made inquiries to find the previous tenant, who had been evicted, and never succeeded. After two years, with this money, she bought a small plot of land in the desolate, dry hills outside of Los Angeles, and built a kind of tree house on it, where, to my knowledge, she still lives, unless she finally drank herself to death, or committed suicide; two gestures that had been veritable plots over the course of her life. When I think of Tabu, I think of her, and how, wherever she went, or whatever she touched, would afterwards smell of incense. The interesting detail about Tabu that nobody here has thus far pointed out is the French play on words inherent in it's title. Jean Carles, Dana, and the entire context of this perfume is French, so we must assume that the choice of this piquant, cheeky title, now legendary for all the wrong reasons, was then lost on no one, as it appears to be today, which surprises me. The word "Tabu" in French is spelled "Tabou." The pronunciation of this word is very distinctly different and not at all subtle when compared with the French pronunciation of the written title of this perfume, which, in the spirit of Emile Zola, has become so tainted by phantasms of drunken, smoky debauchery. When spoken in French, the title "Tabu" sounds perfectly identical to an accusation, equally salacious and befitting of it's dark reputation: It means, very simply, "You've been drinking!"

05 March, 2012

Larimar's avatar

Austria Austria

Tabu, vintage extrait (came in 1/4 oz. screw top bottle, lovely presentation, no
    evaporation)

This puts a bright smile on my face! So, picture this scene:

Woman in her early 40s, truly a full-blooded woman with all the right curves and sex-appeal, has
    lived the highs and lows of love and sex life, always taken good care of her appearance, facial
    skin and expression are soft. She's got taste - not the big splendor or the maxime in elegance,
    but it fits her, her personality and her budget. Now, she is to meet a young man in his end 20s, handsome, thin guy, the type of worrier and thinker, maybe with little experience in his life so far.
    They meet and he gets intoxicated by her very present perfume, sweet, alluring, haunting, sexy
    and slightly dirty. Most important, it fits her style and is in harmony with her gesture and expression. The intentions are clear...
    When you wear Tabu in its vintage extrait form, I think the message is rather 'agressively sexy'...
    let's have a little talk, we both have our wit and brains, but sleep with me afterwards.
    The talking continues, laughing together and she knows very well to play the right cards at the right moment - seduction by a full-blooded woman! A thin line towards ridicule, if not played masterfully by the right woman.
    The evening turns to night and her perfume is getting sweeter, honeyed and slightly spicy. The looks thrown to each other get deeper, playful and the aura around the two is heated, the outside world fades and their looks focus on each other's eyes, attention turns to alertness and every move and facial muscle contracting is noticed.
    No more words need to be spoken and the rest if the story is up to your imagination...
    That's Tabu!
    Its effect is masterful and timeless, an indepth analysis otiose!

03 September, 2011

bookwyrmsmith's avatar

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Tabu!
    Orangey,spicey ,ambery,goodness with some animalic oomph to it .(Tabu puts the PURR in Perrfume!)Tabu reminds me of Bal A' Versailles and Opium - or what would result if the two were crossed.
    Ideal for either gender as long as you love oriental scents.

27 August, 2011

wyldaeval's avatar

Ah...the unmistakable deep, dark, seductive, " Black Velvety" sexiness of Tabu!!! I love it, but have to be in a "Tabu" mood to wear it...and a drop goes a loooooong way! Apply too much and people will smell you before you enter the doorway. :)

01st June, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

This is a fragrance which I happen to see quite often while I'm out shopping or browsing through the stores. With its distinguishable black, white and red bottle and the matching talcum powder in its box not far away, this is one inexpensive fragrance many seem to avoid.

I was surprised to find this fragrance in my mother's room, covered in dust and pushed to the darkest part of her closet. It was obviously my father's attempt at buying my mother a fragrance, but trying to do it on the cheap. I found myself reaching for this bottle and dusting it with a tissue, only to spritz a small quantity onto my wrist.

Seconds later I was met with a wonderful and totally unexpected, warming scent. It took me to a place where I had visited so many times as a child; a quaint, little store filled with incense, tiny trinkets, tie-dye saris and colourful wind chimes. It had such a carefree, quirky and unique style. Such a sensual and warm fragrance.

I promptly asked my mother to give it one more try, to which she discovered what had captivated me only minutes before. Never again will I judge a fragrance solely on its price tag. This fragrance is a true gem in the world of scents.

26 April, 2011

Ekove's avatar

Kuwait Kuwait

Tabu, Have been excited about this little gem for a while. Somebody compared it to Givenchy Ange ou Demon, but I've later came to find out it's nothing like it but rather a dirty strong classical fragrance which got me even more excited. I expected something similar to obsession, vintage shalimar, or kouros. And I finally found a reasonably priced vintage violin bottle. I spray this little baby on, and my nose is met by mild floral notes of coriander, rose, neroli, and other flowers I can't distinguish, on top of an oriental background. Though I really HATED something about it. I was trying to figure it out, is it the floral notes? No, they're too weak. Is it the typical vintage make-up note? no I detect no powder or iris in it. Is it the Musk? this is hardly musky. Is it the Civet? No, no pee or poo notes.

Then, it finally hit me. The root of all evil notes, the sinister goblin that ruined so many orientals for me, the sacrilege of so many supposedly ambery or musky fragrances that I would've purchased otherwise.

PATCHOULI! How could I have not thought of this before? But why? And why is this considered a classic from the 1930s? I thought patchouli's hyped started in the 70s? but maybe my bottle is from the 70s, I'll never know or care to know. I hate patchouli and this fragrance was disappointing. The top notes did have a classic floral blend in them, but they were light and fleeting. You end up with a typical dusty patchouli past the first 10 minutes. If that's your thing then great, but I can't grasp why this fragrance is a "classic" or how it ever became a top seller, it smells and looks cheap. And did I mention it's a sticky fragrance? It is very sticky.

The dry down isn't that terrible though, very similar to naga champa, but I don't want to smell like that either. Montale's Patchouli leaf and PG L'Ombre Fauve are much better takes on Patchouli, and I'll pay the price difference for them despite my dislike of Patchouli.

This should be a Tabu to wear indeed, in a bad way.

---//

Presentation: 4/10
    Uniqueness: 4/10
    Value: 4/10
    Longevity: 6/10
    Projection: 6/10
    Scent: 3/10

Overall: 3/10

02 March, 2011

FrouFrou's avatar

Rich, sensual and exotic!
    Rich also in strength! This is nothing like your modern wishy washy flowery artificial fragrances you have to use liberally to get a few hours of staying power and sillage. this is maximum strength and need to be applied molecule by molecule! If I am very careful my man who likes very few perfumes likes it!
    Luckily I am wholly unbiased about Tabu. I don't think it is worn a lot in the Netherlands so I have never sniffed an old lady wearing it. Nor do I know what root beer is so I don't have any of these associations. My first smell was from a vintage bottle I brought on e-bay after reading about Tabu here on basenotes.
    I get a 70s feeling because of the patchouli, but I mostly get a lot of dark mysterious oriental magic!

Now we all know it was supposed to be for a 1920s '''puta'', but I do not see a modern street hooker here.
    I see the 20s Femme Fatale, a dark bobbed beauty, with magnolia white skin and black khol around her sultry eyes, black lace and beaded dress with a deep cleavage and bare back, she lures in the men like a fatally beautiful black orchid, smelling of magic, mystery and luscious erotic sex.
    They are mesmerized.
    They are hers...
    They are lost...
    And then she is gone, and the world will always smell cold and grey...

21st February, 2011

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

This smell like a light and glamorous version of an incense stick. The type of smell Cleopatra could have used.

Tabu is a fragrance so underestimate, people must realize this parfume has over 70 years in the market, just incredible!! and this is the reason why we should give tabu a chance, forget prejudices and the old lady tipe thing, we are talking about the fragrance that later will inspire Opium, Youth Dew, Obsession.

I liked a lot and people need to know this is a cologne, tabu doesn't smell as overwhelming as I read in some comments. I think is Soft, powerful and lasting.

¿Perfume para una Puta? Al fin alguien se atreve a decir la verdad. Es mas que sabido, que las fragancias muchas veces apuntan a lo mas animal y sexual del ser humano. Tal vez la palabra puta es muy fuerte para las sociedades, pero todos somos seres de deseo y sexuales, de eso no cabe duda. Me parece muy original inventar una fragancia a raiz de ese pedido, es mas, muchas mas se hacen en funcion de esa idea, pero no se dice.

28 January, 2011

Weimar27's avatar

When it was first released in 1932 it shocked and 78 years later since it's
    release it stills managed to shock it achieved immortality in a roster of classics like Chanel no 5 L'air du Temps
    Joy Shalimar L'Heure Bleu & youth Dew.

If you want a perfume that makes you want
    to stand out and take control this is the one this is not a shy meek little
    wallflower of a scent it's Assertive
    Loud Demands your attention in a dry spicy and smoky kind a way of if your a
    person who is or likes perfumes that does not want to make a wave skip it!.

when first sprayed to my skin i find a
    lot of Patchouli in a spicy fragrance
    which is a bit interesting and makes it dry and smoky but i really like is the
    Sandalwood mingles with orange and spices with the dry down of coriander
    for it's powder texture and of curse i can smell Mr Civet with all his Animalistic Glory. i bet June Miller
    wore this while seducing the Authoress
    Anais Nin.

the drydown becomes more earthier with the presence of orris patches of musk and mossy undertones of Oakmoss.
    but i admire is the design with it's
    noirish deco goth Logo TABU Channels
    Bogart to it finest the flacon simple
    and elegant i love the color of the liquid it reminds me of a evening sunset
    over Los Angeles in the 1940's.

this perfume is rich & luxurious But i
    don't understand why is it so cheap on the price and made it in to a Drugstore
    scent this perfume deserves to be expensive.

09 October, 2010

Late-Hit's avatar

Ha, Ha... Well, I guess this is where I won't stay 'hooked on the classics'. I've tried and tried, but I just can't abide Tabu.

Yes, there is something like 'root beer' in Tabu. But the vibe I really get, and the thing that actually makes me feel a little queasy sometimes., is the similarity to the way a vat of beer smells when the barley is being boiled (long before the yeast goes in and fermentation starts). It's compelling, but not beautiful. And it's strong and penetrating, but not pleasant, even in very low doses.

I have the creepy feeling that Tabu is what evil smells like in eveningwear. To me, there's nothing else quite like it. I guess the world only needs one.

03 October, 2010

calero's avatar

If Tabu was placed in a Serge Lutens bottle and sold as one of the non-exports with a name like "Bois de Boulogne," I dare say many Basenoters would sweat over it.....

I smell similar notes of patchouli a la Borneo 1834, as well as hints of Chergui and some of the skanky drydown of Miel de Bois.

Into it.

19 August, 2010

Wyllowdaemon's avatar

Smells like an old woman in church with musk perfume on wearing a filthy wet , mouldering fur coat with a smidgen of cat pee on it. Horrid. I got this new at a discount store to try it since I had heard it was a classic, my husband said it smells like a bottle of s*&%! I love Opium and other orientals but this is absolutely vile.

05 July, 2010

kbapril23's avatar

I have worn Tabu my entire adult life and pray it is always available to me for if it were not to be, I would be greatly saddened. I know everyone is different but it surprises that anyone would consider this perfume to be "cheap" smelling. I have had more compliments from this perfume than all others I have ever worn combined. In fact, I cannot count the times I have had men stop me in a store to ask what I was wearing because they liked it and wanted to buy it for their wife or girlfriend. Considering the fact that most men really do not like perfumes at all, I think this says alot about Tabu as a fragrance.

23 April, 2010

tsth's avatar

This one totally surprised me...I adore it. It is dark and rich. Classic and sexy. And yes, you will either love or hate. I don't think there's an inbetween. It conjures up an exotic and dark woman to me. I love Tabu so much I hope I am never without it...and I am sad that I waited so long to try it.

30th March, 2010

shamu1's avatar

It takes about an hour before Tabu starts to smell good. Sure I love the strong patchouli and civet notes that attack you out of the bottle, but there is a cheap, nasty, dirty smell underlying the patchouli and rootbeer accord for the first hour that almost ruins Tabu for me. I usually like animalic and "dirty" smelling fragrances, but this just smells cheap - like an old, plastic diaper full of urine. Not good. Fortunately, this fades and by the end of hour one, Tabu becomes warm and smooth, but super raunchy, no doubt coming from the very prominent civet and patchouli, and I begin to enjoy this.

It's certainly not the best oriental I've ever smelled, but I have to applaud a perfume that continues to buck every fragrance trend (I hear that it still has the same overall edge that it did in the 1930s), and is sold for peanuts. This is bold, aggressive stuff, to the point that you could make enemies wearing this if you overapply it and wear it in public. It's a real powerhouse.

Makes a good masculine scent, if you really want to make a statement

28 February, 2010

rickie's avatar

Oh boy, everyone has commented on this one. I had an aunt that always had a bottle of this on her dresser. I never touched it, but did wonder.....later on in the 1970's I purchased some, I thought it was nice enough, but it never blew me over or anything. Then I got my hands on a vintage bottle. I was so surprised, it is spicey and warm, a little floral, a really expensive smelling, put together perfume! I hate it when they "reformulate" perfumes. If its not broke don't fix it. Now, I don't want to offend anyone who is wearing todays formula. It is true, that a fragrance smells really good on some, and not on others.

27 January, 2010

tanto's avatar

Gosh, so many people dislike this fragrance and I feel the total opposite. Whenever I smell this on a woman I find it to be sexy and mysterious. I guess it needs to be applied in moderation in order for it to do the "trick". I can see how too much would be overbearing. You need to be a dark haired woman in order to pull this fragrnce off well.

30th September, 2009

mysolegia's avatar

Portugal Portugal

LOLOL some of these reviews are killing me!

I love the stuff. I love patchouli and I'm a slut so this combination is just perfect for me isnt it? :p tounge firmly in cheek, I swear!

26 September, 2009

Ligeia's avatar

TABU is one of those Fragrances that is NOT for Everybody...that being said, I LOVE TABU!
    It's nature is DARK, POWERFUL...NOT Subtle in the least. It's more of a Autumn/Winter Fragrance than that of the warmer/hotter months...Heat INTENSIFIES Fragrance. I must admit, though...I wear it almost all the time, sometimes even layering in the evenings. I like categorizing Fragrances into Seasons...some you can wear whenever, others are nicer in the warmer months, and the stronger ones are for those brisk and chilly Seasons - the 'dress-up', elegant seasons.

It is Sultry, Exotic, Intoxicating, Hypnotic, Bewitching ...the kind of Fragrance Mata Hari would or some, mysterious veiled Dark-Haired Beauty of Days Gone by...not exactly shy or demure.

It is classifed as an 'ORIENTAL' Type. It has Oriental floral with citrus and spicy notes. Warm Oriental base includes Amber, Resins, Civet and Precious Woods – Sandalwood and Patchouli

If you have allergies to strong Fragrances..ESPECIALLY the Dark, Resiny ones, then TABU is NOT for you...find the Lighter, more synthetic fragrances of Today.

I ALWAYS get compliments when wearing TABU and the sensual Sillage it leaves. You have to realize that EVERYONE has UNIQUE Chemistry and that is the KEY to 'bonding' with the right Fragrance.

Those who don't like TABU - should definitely stay away from it but to those who do...
    You KNOW what I'm talking about. It's seems to be one of those Fragrances that Women
    either LOVE or HATE.

Ah, the Sensuality of TABU!!!!

23 September, 2009

lisalucille's avatar

I purchased a miniature of Tabu to try it out. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Way too strong, too "something." I can usually at least stomach perfumes that I'm not real fond of. This one? Rancid to me. I had to scrub myself immediately, or I would have ended up with a splitting headache. Smells cheap, overpowering, obnoxious almost rancid. Bottom line is ..... I think this is the worst smelling perfume I have ever experienced.

05 September, 2009

Kitty_'s avatar

I agree wholeheartedly with what some others have said here that Tabu would have been so much more with a higher price tag and a better marketing campaign.
    Tabu is far more sophisticated and refined than Angel imo. although I do feel that they both seem a bit old hat now, Tabu for me is 80's and Angel 90's; both very memorable scents of those decades for me, although Tabu is much older.
    I find Tabu smooth and well blended, slightly sweet in a good way; sultry, loud, moody, provocative, sexy and suggestive.
    This is not the perfume of a timid girl or old church mother; it is more suited to a woman who is forward and self confident, seeking to hypnotise and drag a man back to her boho boudoir for hot sex.
    Tabu is an evening scent imo. Wear it with heels and lipstick.
    It lasts for eons, projects well and wafts teasingly.
    There isn't much change from the top notes to the drydown.
    I detect patchoulli, amber and maybe wood and another scent or two, all seamlessley joined to become Tabu.
    I don't wear Tabu very often, but it is a staple in my wardrobe, for ahem.....special occasions.
    I don't think you will get better value for your perfume dollar than this.
    Give it a try, you won't be dissappointed.

26 August, 2009

Yumm's avatar

Sometimes I need to curl back up in something I wore in the '60s. It is a poignant comfort. Tabu is one of those little comforts. While I don't wear it often, it reminds me of honey, vanilla, spice, brandy and the mysteries of life. The color suits the scent well. It still smells the same, and I still like it- sitars, incense and all.

11th August, 2009 (Last Edited: 16 August, 2009)

queenofchinatown's avatar

Tabu smells cheap and nasty. Over-powering..like something you would wear if you couldn't afford a proper fragrance.Absolutely vile!

08 July, 2009