Negative Reviews of Good Life Woman by Davidoff

Find out more about Good Life Woman by Davidoff in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Fruity floriental: Goodlife Woman really merits that designation. I get a lot of fig… not just the fig fruit, but the fig green as well. The florals are a little less identifiable for me than the fig is: I think I can separate out ylang-ylang and iris, but I get primarily a mixed bouquet. I find the whole presentation of the fragrance very sweet… even sweeter than the fruit would account for and I would suggest that the vanilla contributes a bit too sharply and strongly to the accords right from the start. A strong, sweet vanilla is not a favorite of mine, but it does, along with the fig milk and orris, provide a characteristic warmth to Goodlife Woman, which is comforting if not elegant. Goodlife Woman delivers warmth and comfort abundantly along with its sweetness. I personally think it’s a little too thinly-sweet and the fragrance’s creamy and milky feeling doesn’t quite make up for its massive sweetness.

07 December, 2010