Neutral Reviews of 5th Avenue by Elizabeth Arden

I had chosen this one based on the fruit and spice notes, but all I got was a very synthetic generic floral. I'm not able to pick out individual notes at all.

To me, 5th Avenue falls into the "white noise" category. It's vaguely pretty and very light with little sillage or staying power on my skin.

It seems like a good inoffensive office scent.
04th October, 2016
Starts flowery but a complicated mix which I can't just make out. Definitely soft, no spices there ... linear, although I would have loved for this particular perfume to evolve given its' start. What sticks to your skin is what I've written above blended with whiffs of musk and sandalwood. Somehow, at the end, it gives me a feeling of blandness; if only they could have handled these interesting juices in a more creative way it might have come out as brilliant stuff. And yes, this one shouts "chemical" kind of overtly but that is expected given the price. True, some perfumes slightly cheaper than this one don't, but that's another story!
13th June, 2014
rbaker Show all reviews
Subtle rose

Bergamot, magnolia, lilac and a potpourri of roses develop into scent that eventually has a sandalwood base. Vanilla is dominant in the second half but never cloying. Quite a subtle and balanced scent with about two hours of longevity on my skin.

21st August, 2013

When sprayed on, its really capturing and not too strong. It last,most 2-3 hrs in a 10C-15C outdoor temperature climate. But great for every day use. Its an average everyday use fragrance. In fact its close to Yardley's Magnolia
02nd September, 2009
Nukapai Show all reviews
This is something floral and mainstream to wear for work, say. It's not a fragrance that makes one ooooh and aaah about its artistry, but it's very wearable and men seem to compliment you too, which isn't a bad thing I suppose!
03rd August, 2008
XYZ Show all reviews
This one is funny as I don't really like it that much but I get a lot of compliments on it when I wear it. It is a bit sporty, which is probably why I don't like it too much as I prefer orientals and florals. It is quite strong and does have good lasting power though.
28th February, 2007
This scent is a quiet, sporty one. I like wearing it during daytime, in weekends especially. It goes very well with casual clothing.
27th September, 2006